4800ish miles travelled and all I have to show for it is… - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 19'
4800ish miles travelled and all I have to show for it is…

My first travel trailer and so far it is a good first pick.

Will post more pictures of the trailer and post pictures of the trip when I get some time.
Mr.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Pictures? Did you MENTION pictures?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Wow - you started with an Escape - good move. We had a popup, then a Rialta, then a 16' Scamp before we finally found our home in Blue!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #4

Disclaimer.. Not much of a writer, proof reader or photographer!

So we (me and the squeeze) headed off to Chilliwack from Texas and slept in the truck a few hours and in a hotel along the way. Once we made it to Washington we stayed in Anacortes at Ship Harbor Inn for a night. This place has a nice view and is in a quiet area. It looks like the owner has been fixing the place up and so far it is looking good.

In the morning we had breakfast and then headed off to see the area and drove around in Washington Park in Anacortes.

After that we headed over to take a kayaking tour with the nice folks over at Anacortes Kayak Tours. We headed out into the bay for a 7ish mile paddle. During that time we went around Island and watched a little sea life. The views were great and all in all had a good time.

Grabbed a snack after the tour and headed off for Chilliwack.

We stayed at a place called Royal Hotel, had a nice little antique vibe going on, not a bad stay. There is a little pub/restaurant across the street on the corner called District Public House, cold drinks and a burger hit the spot. Sorry forgot to take pictures of the area.

More to follow.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #5

In the morning we landed over at Escape, nice weather for the event.

All the folks at escape were friendly peeps. Finally the time had come to check out an Escape trailer for the first time and it was mine.

After all the fun of checking out the trailer we headed back across the border to the drop zone.
Once we hit the drop zone we took possession of the relaxation wagon. Time for the second part of the adventrue!

To be continued..
Old 09-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Absolutely stunning interior...congratulations!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
Looks great.....love the counter top you have.
Bob and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Very nice. Congratulations. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #10

Thanks all for the comments. The counter tops turned out better than we thought they would.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #11

Trailer: None
What did you use for that tabletop, I love it? I also like your choice of fabric. Nicely done interior. Enjoy your new trailer.

Rosemary

Follow along Down the Road with Me.
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #12

More on the journey.
We did not really plan much of the trip other than kayaking and showing up for the trailer, the rest was planned on the fly. Now off to the Cascade Highway to find a landing spot for the night. We found ourselves pulling into Howard Miller Steelhead Park to see if a spot was open. Luckily there was a nice spot with a river view. Here is a view from the trailer door with the fog rolling in.

Here is another picture without the fog.

This is a nice place to camp if you find yourself in the area and looked like the fishing was good.

After Washington we headed down the road to slowly head back to Texas. Stayed in a Wal-Mart parking lot one night to get a good night sleep and then stayed at a RV park just try one out. The next spot we picked to camp in as we made it to Denver was to head over to the Rocky Mountain area near Grand Lake at Elk Creek Campground & RV Resort. We called they said they had a spot and they would see us in about 2 hours so we headed that way. Once we got there we thought it was a nice campground with some wildlife just lounging around.

I took a queue from them and kicked back in a camping chair myself and just relaxed and take it all in.

Then night set in, we grilled some sausages and had some ranch style beans with some cold beverages in the cool crisp air.

Of course all camping needs a good fire TV channel. I think I watched the fire for a good 3 hours, just a great time.

To be continued…
Old 09-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress View Post
What did you use for that tabletop, I love it? I also like your choice of fabric. Nicely done interior. Enjoy your new trailer.

Rosemary

It is the Petrified Wood from Formica.

We hope to have many more great journeys in the trailer!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 21
We've stayed at Elk Creek Campground in Grand Lake, CO the last two summers....so jealous that you saw moose in the campground!!! We've seen them at Rocky Mountain National Park but not so close. Good for you! And love your new Escape--nicely done!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
We've stayed at Elk Creek Campground in Grand Lake, CO the last two summers....so jealous that you saw moose in the campground!!! We've seen them at Rocky Mountain National Park but not so close. Good for you! And love your new Escape--nicely done!
That is a nice campground and I will be back, just not sure when. Plus we had to stop by the town in the morning to look around and stumbled upon the "Fat Cat Cafe" for breakfast. Sure glad we found that place, the food and coffee hit the belly just right.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Congratulations on the new Escape - we're excited to have another one in Texas that we could possibly see on the road sometime!

Look for an invitation to join the Texas Escape group...