5.0 TA Dinette Pictures - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
5.0 TA Dinette Pictures

Huge thanks to Kim for taking these pictures which really helped my wife and I decide which dinette would work best for us. We thought these might be of help to others...

In the U - Shaped dinette, the table is 29 1/2" L & 34 1/2" W and slides back to front.

In the Standard (Bench) dinette, the table is 45 1/2" L & 34 1/2" W and slides from side to side.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails
003.JPG   004.JPG   005.JPG   006.JPG   007.JPG  

Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Stargeezer - great post. Hopefully it will help folks decide which dinette will suit their needs. We finally settled on the standard dinette. We wanted the big table and we like the way it slides side to side. Makes it very easy to get in and out. Plus we wanted a lamp on the table. Here is a picture with things on the table like placemats (and the lamp) to give folks a better perspective on how big the table is...
Kathie
Attached Thumbnails
Dinette.jpeg  
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Lovely layout Kathie... looks very warm,

Where did you get the wooden cover for the range/oven?

Thanks,
Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Looks great, Kathie.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
I'm not sure if this would be helpful for people, but just a note: as you can see in Larry's pictures of the U shaped dinette, the longer cushion is at the back and two shorter cushions on each side. This is how our 2013 5.0 is, but differs from our 2008 5.0 which had two longer cushions on the sides and a shorter cushion on the back. The difference is felt (literally!) if you sit on one side and spread your legs out as in a couch. You're actually sitting on the join between the two cushions. The new set up is probably great for people with longer legs that sit facing side to side, but if you're of the shorter variety, like me, and sit with your back to the back of the trailer it's not as comfortable. In our case, the dog gets the best seat in the house :-)
Something to remember if you like to sit with your back to the back of the trailer when relaxing. Escape could probably do either configuration for you, so I'd ask if I was doing it again.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Thanks so much for posting your thoughts. Of ALL the build, the one item I get stumbling over is the DANG TABLE. Lots of choices... which do I choose? I've been thinking (sweating) over this one final piece since last September. GRRRRRR. Roll the dice and be done with it DD. :
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Interesting that not pictured is the original 21' table configuration. I would have assumed this to be the "standard" table. This table is hinged off the wall (it swings down to make a bed), 35" x 36", with a folding leg instead of the removable pedestals. The hinged table does not slide, it is fixed (thus a little shorter so one can get into the dinette). The good features of this table is that it cannot develop wobble, you do not need to move (slide) it to get in and out of the dinette, and you do not have legs to remove and store when using it as a bed. The trade off is that it is not as large as the sliding table.
Attached Thumbnails
P7200295.jpg  
keager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Thanks so much for posting your thoughts. Of ALL the build, the one item I get stumbling over is the DANG TABLE. Lots of choices... which do I choose? I've been thinking (sweating) over this one final piece since last September. GRRRRRR. Roll the dice and be done with it DD. :
Just so you know you are far from alone, we get LOTS of customers wavering back and forth on what to do, what to chose, etc. Some missing the 11th hour deadline. And this is on project much larger than a small trailer. This is one of the problems with customized building, but one I have chosen to have to deal with. Only a couple times in the last 20 years have I threatened to fire a customer, as their delays were having a big impact on the timing of the project.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape 19
Let me see if I understand how your hinged table works.. does it hinge down and lay against the back wall under the window? And then the two seat cushions must have wood in the bottoms? They are placed width wise?
Mmm, just wondering. Do you have any photos of the table folded down?

Thanks!

Didgie
Nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
No, the table lowers on the hinges and sits on supports extending from the benches (one can see them in the above picture); it then becomes the platform for the dinette cushions forming the bed. Oftentimes, a filler piece is needed (which ETI includes) to extend the platform to the front edge of the dinette forming the bed.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #11

Larry - the wooden cover came from Camping World. It has pads underneath that sit down over the top grill so it's nice and stable when traveling. If I'm going to use the stove I just set it on the counter and use it for a counter and cutting board.

Keager - We were #8 in line, we got a last minute email from ETI that they were changing the table to the pedestal model and which did we want (hinged or pedestal). We are glad we went with the pedestal. Nice and big, very sturdy, nothing attached to the wall. Slides. Actually sooo sturdy it takes the two of us to put it up and down which we are not planning to do very often (once in a while when the grandkids come along - they can't wait!)
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Question Table Length

Do you have dimensions on the cushions for the U-table? My wife and I liked being able to stretch out on the back cushion.
CaptJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Keager - We were #8 in line, we got a last minute email from ETI that they were changing the table to the pedestal model and which did we want (hinged or pedestal). We are glad we went with the pedestal. Nice and big, very sturdy, nothing attached to the wall. Slides. Actually sooo sturdy it takes the two of us to put it up and down which we are not planning to do very often (once in a while when the grandkids come along - they can't wait!)
That would explain why I have been seeing all pedestal tables in build pictures recently. We chose to get the hinged table for our 21' (May delivery). I like the floor not having the pedestal mounting cups. Our plan is that the table will be removed from the dinette area most of the time. We are getting extra cushions for U shaped and a filler piece to allow converting the dinette into a U shaped seating area with the table removed (inspiration from the front dinette of a 19' belonging to Jack and Nancy of Tucson). Think living room. If you can imagine it, Escape can build it.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by keager View Post
Our plan is that the table will be removed from the dinette area most of the time.
How do you easily remove the table with the hinge attached?
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #15

Got it! Thanks Karen.

Didgie
Old 03-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
How do you easily remove the table with the hinge attached?
A couple of screws and it comes off the wall. It is a very clever, and simple, mechanism for putting the table at two different heights. I first saw it a couple (?) of years ago in a post about a 19' with a dinette in the back in place of the bed. That installation used the hinged table. I was very happy to see it reappear in the 21' trailers. I like it better than the pedestal types. Something for everyone at Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
Table hinge bracket installed.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #17

Beautiful! It's a swing hinge! Thanks for the sketches!

Didgie
Old 03-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #18

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
We opted for the hinged table in the front dinette of our 19. It is awesome - very stable and very easy to collapse to make the bed up. Not having the pedestal base leaves lots of room for our doggy's bed; or, when bed is set up, boxes etc slide under easily without the base in the way.

The only caution with this option is that the table is a little shorter than the standard one with the slider - there are only the two of us so a smaller table is not an issue.

You have to decide you may want this near the beginning of the build because they have to insert a wooden brace for the hinge mechanism in the fiberglass shell.
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #19

PS - Thanks Jim
Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #20

FWIW - One more thought on the standard pedestal table. We are packing for a short camp out. I'm still figuring out where to put things. Don't know how important it is to folks but the table being able to slide sideways really helps with access to the side and back cupboards (not to mention 'people' access).

Kathie