Build Sheet ?'s Answered by ESC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Build Sheet ?'s Answered by ESC

I (SJK) have been working on the build sheet for my new 5.0TA and Sarah at Escape (ESC) has answered some questions and special requests. I thought others may have the same questions so I'm sharing some of the conversation here. Not as exciting perhaps as the screenplay for an episode of Sherlock but helpful I hope for those of you sharpening your pencils for the build sheet.

SJK: Is the area under all three stairs accessible by an interior hinged lid?
ESC: The bottom two stairs do open for storage however the top step is part of the structural integrity of the trailer and does not open.

SJK: What about outside access to any of the spaces under the stairs?
ESC: There is a storage hatch under the nose of the trailer, however, this does not connect to any existing storage inside the trailer.

SJK: Is there outside access available on the passenger side to the lower cabinet by the stairs?
ESC: Yes, please see photo attached. This is Standard
Click image for larger version

Name:	ExteriorFront5.0TA.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	20444

SJK: What are the Sand Pads and what are they used for?
ESC: These are used to create more surface area on your stabilizer jacks.

SJK: How are the window blinds attached in the new frameless window design. Do you have pictures?
ESC: Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures, however, they are installed the same way as they were in the previous style of windows. Perhaps someone on the forum has posted some?

SJK: How much fabric is required for custom interior?
Esc: Custom Fabric (Single Fabric $100, Additional Fabrics $50/each) 5.6m or 6.1yds * Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled

SJK:. How much fabric would be needed for just the valances? I want to provide a separate fabric for cushions and valances.
ESC: You will require 2.2 yds. of fabric for the valances. You can delete this amount from the total required for your trailer.

SJK: Is there a stainless steel kitchen sink option?
ESC: This is standard. See attached photo.

Name:	StainlessSteelSink.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	20442

SJK: Also requesting the addition of a light switch by the door to operate interior overhead.
ESC: This is not standard, it is $75 to add a switch.

SJK: Requesting the addition of an exterior water shut off valve for just toilet water supply.
ESC: Cost: $25.

SJK: requesting cooktop be rotated 90 degrees to facilitate more counter space. ESC Cost $50

SJK Requesting the cabinet/counter space on the passenger side of the bed beside the stairs be made into a long cabinet (like the closet opposite it on the other side of the stairs).
ESC: I have attached a photo of what I think you are looking for. Can you confirm if this is correct.
SJK: Yes. Waiting for cost·

Name:	Escape 5.0TA Full Height Closet 001.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	20443

SJK: Requesting no shelves in closet but a bit of added reinforcement so if I change my mind later, shelves can be added safely.
ESC: Are you referring to the cabinet below the microwave or the one on the driver side at the top of the stairs?
SJK: Driver Side Top of Stairs. Waiting for cost.

SJK: What is the size of the side seating area without the U shaped dinette Length and Width of the seat?
What is the size of the seat for the U shaped portion Length and Width of the seat?
Also what is the size of the dining room table?
I am considering a Dicor or Springfield table leg to replace the two standard legs.
ESC: TBD, we should have a completed 5.0TA to measure soon.
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisababe View Post
SJK: Is the area under all three stairs accessible by an interior hinged lid?
ESC: The bottom two stairs do open for storage however the top step is part of the structural integrity of the trailer and does not open.
Thanks Sarah. THIS one really surprises me. That top stair doesn't support any weight or push/pull anything. Surely a single board that's hinged wouldn't change the integrity when the rest of the cabinet is framed? Curious. And, I'm still going to hinge that step!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Thanks Sarah. THIS one really surprises me. That top stair doesn't support any weight or push/pull anything. Surely a single board that's hinged wouldn't change the integrity when the rest of the cabinet is framed? Curious. And, I'm still going to hinge that step!
It was a bit of a surprise for me as well. I'm pretty sure Bob had his top step modified to open as well when I toured Peanut. I wonder if this is a function of the new 5.0TA design? Perhaps I should poke at this a bit....
Old 12-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
SJK: How are the window blinds attached in the new frameless window design. Do you have pictures?
ESC: Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures, however, they are installed the same way as they were in the previous style of windows. Perhaps someone on the forum has posted some?

My post on New Windows and Insulation (search) shows pictures of the way the shades are attached. They are the same as the old ones, but the depth of the frame is less.

See here:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...tml#post148353
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #5

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
SJK: Requesting the addition of an exterior water shut off valve for just toilet water supply.

This should read "interior" shut off valve.....
Old 12-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post

This should read "interior" shut off valve.....
The valve I am requesting will be located outside on the drivers side, not inside.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #8

Why outside? Another hole and susceptible to freezing, better clarify that location with Escape, that cost was what they charged me for an inside shutoff valve.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
SJK: requesting cooktop be rotated 90 degrees to facilitate more counter space. ESC Cost $50

SJK Requesting the cabinet/counter space on the passenger side of the bed beside the stairs be made into a long cabinet (like the closet opposite it on the other side of the stairs).
ESC: I have attached a photo of what I think you are looking for. Can you confirm if this is correct.
SJK: Yes. Waiting for cost·
Double check with them on the orientation of the stove top. I had to pay extra to get it rotated in the 21' so it'll probably be the same for you. However, on another size trailer (forget now which size it was), ETI changed the orientation and it's now standard.

We got the extended cabinet in our trailer and I just love it. It cost $350 and included a flip up table (or counter extension as they call it). There probably isn't room for one in the 5.0TA, but the cabinet is higher than ours, so your price might vary. But, I would go by that so you won't have too much of a sticker shock when they get back to you. I know there are at least 2 other 5.0TAs out there with that extended cabinet.

I really like having a switch by the door for one of the inside lights, but others will disagree.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I've never heard of them installing a toilet shutoff valve outside (presumably with a hatch for access). If they did, I guarantee it would cost more than $25. The hatch alone would probably be over $100.

Perhaps they'll install it so you can access it from the hatch under the loft? Don't know if that is possible.

As for the top step, several owners have self modified the steps so they can use the top one for storage as well. It's not hard to do.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
On the 5.0 TA there is a loop of water line in the hatch that has the landing gear switches, on the driver’s side. That is where I installed my cut off valve for the toilet. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #12

Thanks, I'll double check on the toilet valve. The one I saw on Peanut was located outside in an existing hatch area. I can't recall now what else was in that hatch....perhaps Padlin can help clarify...the valve was inserted into the water line going to the toilet so if there was a plumbing problem with the bathroom, the water supply to just that area could be isolated. Perhaps memory fails. The quote of $25 is from Escape.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Double check with them on the orientation of the stove top. I had to pay extra to get it rotated in the 21' ....

We got the extended cabinet in our trailer and I just love it. It cost $350 ...

I really like having a switch by the door for one of the inside lights, but others will disagree.
Thanks for the info! I figured the closet would be a pretty penny but it was a request of my Dear One. The cost of rotating the stove top is a quote from Sarah at Escape soo I guess it's not standard for the 5.0TA. The light switch will be worth it so I'm not stumbling around in the dark (well at least outside of my mind...)

Old 12-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #14

Seems to me one would want 2 shut off valves, one inside protected, one outside exposed to the cold in the hatch which is unheated.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #15

The ceiling light switch is a good idea in the 5.0 as the ceiling is a lot higher than in the conventional models.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
On the 5.0 TA there is a loop of water line in the hatch that has the landing gear switches, on the driver’s side. That is where I installed my cut off valve for the toilet. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
Old Skool that sound like what I saw. Thank you.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:01 PM   #17

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Old Skool that sound like what I saw. Thank you.

Correct, it's inside the hatched area, accessible from outside.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Correct, it's inside the hatched area, accessible from outside.
Thanks Bob!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #19

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Quote:
The valve I am requesting will be located outside on the drivers side, not inside.

Mine is located in the hatch with the switches that control the front jacks.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
That small run of water line is the Achilles heel of the 5.0 TA for shoulder season camping. I covered that section with pipe foam, wrapped with fiberglass insulation with a rubber gasket duct taped against the back side of the bathroom wall. With on board water we have camped in the mid-teens at night, with above freezing temps during the day with no freezing issues. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote