Camper interior customization - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Camper interior customization

Anyone have photos of their fabric, flooring or counter top choices they made to customize their Escapes. Looking for some inspiration.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The best inspiration would come from attending the Rally in Osoyoos. That's where I decided on fabric vendor and dinette layout and.....you get to meet the crazies
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
and.....you get to meet the crazies

Yeah, there's that.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
When we were deciding on interior choices we went back to the beginning of the It's Friday build pics and went all the way through to see the different fabrics, counters and flooring folks had used. It takes about an hour to get through the entire thread and look at the different builds. Also helped seeing some of the options being installed.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Yes, looking through the "It's Friday" thread is helpful. There was also a thread some time back with some photos of black countertops, which I found of particular use as I was very interested in getting black countertops.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...mica-5779.html

Be sure to pick a Formica brand countertop. You can request decent sized samples from their website, which will really help in your decision. Once we got our countertop narrowed down, we went looking for flooring. We have a local chain of flooring stores that carry a huge inventory of samples - more so than Lowe's or Home Depot. Well worth the time we spent in there. I even took samples of both up to the factory to see how they'd look with the cabinets, which probably isn't an option for you.

For fabric I looked at Sunbrella sample books at a local upholstery and curtain store. Ordered some samples from them, as well as an on-line place. Found one I liked, bought a yard of it off ebay, discovered I really liked it (much better to tell as a yard than a dinko sample from the company) and ordered the rest of my needed yardage directly from Patio Lane. They matched the ebay price, I had enough for free shipping and also got a few bucks more off due to some coupon they had at the time.

You will need to purchase your flooring and fabric yourselves and you won't get a credit for either from ETI. You do pay extra for this option, as well as for the custom countertop. However, you don't have to purchase the countertop yourself, as ETI will order that through Pioneer Building Supply themselves. I've already ordered my flooring through Pioneer and they're holding it for me, even though they knew it would be many, many months before ETI needed it. (They're also holding on to our sink we had them order for us.)

For flooring, you'll want to work with Jackie at Pioneer. She's great to work with and knows her stuff.

Oh, before you fall completely in love with your flooring choice, be sure to check with Jackie to make sure they can get it in. I discovered some things are available in the US but not Canada (such as the faucet we wanted; I ended up getting it through Amazon instead of Pioneer, which was a bummer as it would have cost less from Pioneer). It might also be called something different from their Canadian distributor, so triple check it really is what you want. Whew!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:20 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Does Pioneer have a catalogue?
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:11 AM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
Does Pioneer have a catalogue?
Not in the way that you're (probably) thinking in terms of having something sent to you. You'll need to find what flooring and countertop you want via other venues and then contact Pioneer to find out if they can get it for you.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote