Final 5.0 TA photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #1

Final 5.0 TA photos

Getting antsy -- we owned it April 11th, but can't get up to pick it up 'til May 3rd.

A few of the final photos. The tall cabinet next to the door is optional; it's wired for A/V connections -- speakers at the foot of the bed and over the dinette, etc. Haven't decided what goes in it yet . . . suggestions welcome. Need:
- amp
- CD/Blu-Ray
- radio, incl weather, shortwave and HD FM
- wi-fi gear
- etc.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01007.jpg   DSC01008.jpg   DSC01014.jpg   DSC01020.jpg   DSC01019.jpg  

DSC01025.jpg  
Tom and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
I love the tall cabinet. How did you explain it to ETI so they'd know what you wanted?
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #3

By the way, Tom and Sharon, your 5.0 TA looks great!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Tom & Sharon,
Welcome to the 5.0TA family!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Looks very nice!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Very nice looking trailer ! Did you give Escape the kitchen facet? Your counters look great too ! . Could you disclose where you got your facet? Thankyou Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #7

Re - the tall cabinet:
We thought we'd rather have more cabinet space, and didn't think we'd miss the little counter. I think ETI had done it before, so there wasn't much back and forth. We specified the wires we wanted run (speakers, TV cable, etc.) and had them lop off the back corners of the shelves so it would be easy to run wires up/down. Also, a hole in the side of the cabinet for wires to the TV, if we put one in.

Sure is nice to work with folks who will do things like this!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Beautiful. Love the classy colors. Congratulations!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #9

The faucet: It's an absurdly expensive Kohler we got from Amazon.ca. We wanted a single control, high quality faucet, and there are almost none the right size/shape. FWIW, the ETI folks were impressed with it when they got it.

For some reason, it's now bizarrely expensive -- we would NOT have spent the $676CDN they want now!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003WXHLHC/
Old 04-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Beautiful. Love the classy colors. Congratulations!
Thanks, Karen. Name (& maybe associated graphic) pending -- naming contest in the family in progress. Forbidden words include "folly" and "old" . . .
Old 04-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetz View Post
I love the tall cabinet. How did you explain it to ETI so they'd know what you wanted?
We're getting an added cabinet on top of the drawer stack in our 21, so they can do it on other sizes, if there's room. When we originally were going to order the 5.0TA, we would have ordered this cabinet as well. I think it's a great idea and stuff you could have put on the shelf top can go inside, out of sight. I know not all will agree with this theory, though.

On our build sheet, it's listed as "full height cabinet @ drawer stack w/counter extension" and priced at $350.

It's great seeing it in your trailer and I'm looking forward to it in ours.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
We're getting an added cabinet on top of the drawer stack in our 21, so they can do it on other sizes, if there's room. When we originally were going to order the 5.0TA, we would have ordered this cabinet as well. I think it's a great idea and stuff you could have put on the shelf top can go inside, out of sight. I know not all will agree with this theory, though.

On our build sheet, it's listed as "full height cabinet @ drawer stack w/counter extension" and priced at $350.

It's great seeing it in your trailer and I'm looking forward to it in ours.
Our build sheet is due on the 26th of this month, so I'm thrilled to find out about this tall cabinet beforehand. Thanks!
Doug and Lucy Metz
Old 10-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Sharon View Post
The faucet: It's an absurdly expensive Kohler we got from Amazon.ca. We wanted a single control, high quality faucet, and there are almost none the right size/shape. FWIW, the ETI folks were impressed with it when they got it.

For some reason, it's now bizarrely expensive -- we would NOT have spent the $676CDN they want now!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003WXHLHC/
Tom & Sharon, how is the faucet holding up? Did you get the pull out model? If cost not a factor, would you buy it again?

Regards,
Kent
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #14

We like it in most respects, and yes, it's the pullout model. Don't use that feature often, but we would do it again. Other than cost, our main issue is that the water pressure is low -- lower than the bathroom sink. Works OK for most things, but it should be better. We haven't pursued the issue yet, though. Too much else going on. Right now, we're in the midst of 3+ weeks in southern Utah -- writing from the South Campground of Zion National Park. Leaving tomorrow after 4 wonderful days, to Bryce Canyon NP.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #15

Quote:
We like it in most respects, and yes, it's the pullout model. Don't use that feature often, but we would do it again. Other than cost, our main issue is that the water pressure is low -- lower than the bathroom sink. Works OK for most things, but it should be better. We haven't pursued the issue yet, though. Too much else going on. Right now, we're in the midst of 3+ weeks in southern Utah -- writing from the South Campground of Zion National Park. Leaving tomorrow after 4 wonderful days, to Bryce Canyon NP.
Thank you for the info and happy trails!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:38 PM   #16

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Trailer looks great. Which color of green did you choose for your stripe?
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #17

Sorry, I don't remember the specific color, and don't have our paperwork for that with us on this trip. If November isn't too late for you, I'll dig it up when we're back. Remind me if I don't get back to you.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
That would be great. It is a nice green and we are suppose to pick our 5.0 TA up on St. Paddy's Day 2017. Being Irish we may go with an Irish theme.

Appreciate the help.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Regarding low flow I got to thinking that maybe it has a low flow aerator that could be removed. Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 PM   #20

Faucet like Tom & Sharons

Quote:
Getting antsy -- we owned it April 11th, but can't get up to pick it up 'til May 3rd.

A few of the final photos. The tall cabinet next to the door is optional; it's wired for A/V connections -- speakers at the foot of the bed and over the dinette, etc. Haven't decided what goes in it yet . . . suggestions welcome. Need:
- amp
- CD/Blu-Ray
- radio, incl weather, shortwave and HD FM
- wi-fi gear
- etc.
When I first saw this thread I really like the faucet Tom and Sharon had installed, but not the price. For those interested I found an almost identical in design faucet for around $169 instead of the current $500 plus for the Kohler K7506-VS faucet. Since ETI installs single hole faucets I don't see why they would not install this Ariel model. The basic difference I see is the Ariel does not have spray function.

Ariel Flamingo Stainless Steel Lead Free Pull Out Nozzle Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
Attached Thumbnails
Ariel Flamingo.jpg