First pictures of E21 LE - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
If they put the bed up front they would not need the front window or the front window guard .Who wants to look at your tow vehicle when camping .We have the e21 and i would like to have a bigger dinette maybe another foot or so . Still looking forward for the new 23 -25 from Escape
We loved the front window in our 19. Very seldom did we have our tow vehicle in front, as I always like to park it right out of the way. Even the rear window where the bed was, was a nice thing, as it allowed viewing out that way if wanted and let in a lot of nice light.

While I love the layout of our 5.0TA, one thing I miss is the nice viewing windows in the bed area, and the light they bring in. Not too bad, but better is always..... better!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #42
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
Yep it has a new mattress designed to fit
Also will come with the cot option
Has more window area than 21 classic
Can be ordered with bench seats and side cabinets to reduce the dinette size and create more storage.
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #43

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
Can be ordered with bench seats and side cabinets to reduce the dinette size and create more storage.
Can be ordered with...side cabinets Now I need to call Joldie and get more details. We actually like the big dinette, and plan on using it as a longing area, but we'd be willing to give up a little length in the dinette for a bit more storage.

And then the other voice in her head says "More storage available means extra stuff you'll carry, means extra weight. Be careful what you wish for!"
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, I have always requested that the mattress be made smaller to allow air around the sides of the bed, really keeps condensation down.
How much smaller? An inch all around? I like the idea, both for airflow and ease of making the bed.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #45

Side cabinets would be fairly slim on the bathroom side because of the available space between bathroom and the window. Might have more room on the passenger side. We will have exact dims when we get the first production inventory unit built later this year.

Agreed it's always a battle between storage and weight.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
If they put the bed up front they would not need the front window or the front window guard .Who wants to look at your tow vehicle when camping .
I'd never have an RV that didn't have a window to look out of on all sides. Quite aside from the security issue at night it's nice to see what's happening around you. There's more view than just your tug.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #47

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
I was just thinking about the mattress size last night. A few more inches longer could make all the difference for some that are over 6 feet tall and want to stretch out.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Side cabinets would be fairly slim on the bathroom side because of the available space between bathroom and the window. Might have more room on the passenger side. We will have exact dims when we get the first production inventory unit built later this year.

Since the design isn't set yet...

I started to respond that a counter-top height cabinet on the passenger side would be nice, but then realized that un-does the ability to have a door there to get to the under-bench storage there. That's an interesting trade-off for me. With the exterior hatch on the front passenger side, maybe it works out.

sheesh, rambling thoughts.

What about slim, counter-top height cabinet on each side? Reduces the dinette overall by some inches on both sides, adds a little counter top area, and a little storage. Yes, that's what you should do. I have declared it so!

BTW - "we will have exact dimensions...later this year" is getting close to our Build Sheet due date of 1/6.

______
Ronae (of the Jeff and Ronae who ordered the first 21'NE)
I need a slicker signature block!
Old 11-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You can still have a lower cabinet door for easy access from outside on either side of the doorway, just relocate the stove closer to the door and put the sink towards the bed side.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:

Well this is interesting Karl, The extra space in the bed will help accommodate the dogs and efficiently set up extra storage would be very interesting. I can envision a passenger side unit with a pass through door on the bottom to still accommodate under seat storage.
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #51

I'll get some dimensions this coming week from our concept and we can all start developing ideas.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #52

Sounds like we are on the same page
Old 11-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I realize that one of the more often made requests is for a queen sized bed in a 21 (although my wife & I were perfectly happy in a full sized bed at home for 42 years). I have to agree with those that feel the loss of counter space is a serious consideration. It doesn't look like you can have the queen without the loss of the counter space, so it is going to end up being a choice one must make.

As to the standard 21, I love the large bathroom, large amount of counter, and am quite comfortable with a full sized mattress, particularly now that I travel solo, although again, if my wife was still alive, we would still be comfortable on a full size mattress, and enjoy the ability to slide out rather than climb over. I enjoy sitting at the dinette in the rear with what is usually a better view, but do miss the ability to peek out the front when something goes thump in the night.

All in all, it will be good to have a choice.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #54

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Twin and double beds were the norm when "Norm" was growing up....I do not remember acquiring a queen until 20 years ago. Then there is the California King....that normally stays when you sell the house!
Old 11-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Growing up and in almost 50 years of marriage I have never had a bed larger than a full
The ability to have a walk around bed has more appeal for us than having a queen size bed
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Twin and double beds were the norm when "Norm" was growing up....
What's changed is the average size of folks. And they haven't shrunk.

Personally, I was a little surprised that I couldn't tell any difference between the bed size in the 19 and 21, even when little Gertie is included.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Karl should hire some teenager who knows a little photography and give him a camera with a 28mm lens and a bounce flash.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Karl should hire some teenager who knows a little photography and give him a camera with a 28mm lens and a bounce flash.
Yeh the iPhone pics are quite poor. We will have professional shots of the first production build in December ready for January.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #59

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I’ve wondered why Escape has not approached Glenn Baglo , a proud Escape owner and world renowned photographer about taking the photos for their sales brochure and website .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #60

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How do you spell hyperbole?