Grasshopper - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #41

Trailer: '09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
Re: Grasshopper

All right. I finally got some pics ready for viewing. I put together a bunch of interior & exterior shots that highlight various options & mods/customizations we opted for. Since there are a lot of them, I figured it'd be best to post them on Picassa and just put the link here. I tried to specifically put pics that were discussed &/or requested in various other threads (e.g. shelves in wardrobe, tv mounting arm wing-nut, mirror, gaucho, stainless sink, counter tops, fabric, extra 12V outlets, extra dinette seat storage area door, solar panel, hitch cargo carrier, etc). I tried to list what things could be seen in the photos to make it easier for someone who has never seen an Escape 19 in person - especially if they're considering buying one sight unseen. I also tried to distinguish btw standard options and special requested mods to give ideas beyond what's found on the Escape website. I'm hoping this will be considered helpful/useful rather than "over the top".

http://picasaweb.google.com/shayroal...QE&feat=email#

Brad

'09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
'14 MB GL350 BlueTEC; '99 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
Texscapees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #42

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B

Brad, thank you very much for sharing the nice photos with us! Love them!!!! And, of course, I found another mod to add: I really like the idea of using the under bench storage for shoes, so I am thinking about adding side door access as well. Nice gadgets are those towel bars and magnetic things you have in the kitchen! I agree with Glenn with regards of drilling holes....

It sounds like my hopes will be true, that I will be happy with my 4Runner as TV! This was the first car I got new, exactly 7 years ago... Just love it, and would buy it again and again... And I hope to enjoy it for many more years! Unless I would win a Landcruiser.... Hmmm, but there is no drawing going on right now.... :

Gerda
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Great to see the shots of what you have done with your trailer, Brad.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'

Yes - what an impressive bunch of wonderful photos. Thank you so much for sharing. We can see that you love Grasshopper as much as we do Houdini. I have a ton of photos too, but haven't found the time to put them all together yet. Kudos to you! Loved your blog too. Maybe I'll catch up one of these days, and share ours too. We have been very busy camping though, and are now in the process of winterizing and building a shelter for Houdini - hopefully before the Vermont snow flies. We'd better hurry up!
Thanks again for getting so much great info out there for all of us. Best wishes to you and your family, Jenny
Old 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #45

Trailer: 17

great photos thanks for sharing. If anyone is interested, here is another solar panel install with Very High Bond (VHB) Tape to read about http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/ind...=8079&hl=solar
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #46

Yep, I came across that thread when I was researching VHB & other solar panel mounting options. It is very informative & has good pics too. I forwarded it to Reace & several other online vhb articles. Reace is now a vhb believer having played around with it when he installed my panel. I believe he's planning to use it for future installations as well now.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #47

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

Is your 7" custom mattress all foam or is it an innerspring mattress? Do you have any trouble lifting it to access the storage underneath?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvomaha
Is your 7" custom mattress all foam or is it an innerspring mattress? Do you have any trouble lifting it to access the storage underneath?
Our mattress is all foam - no springs. We were allowed to choose how many inches of it would be firm (bottom portion) and softer (top portion). We selected 3" firm & 4" soft and have been very pleased with it although we'd probably also have been fine with 4" firm & 3" soft.

As for accessing the storage underneath, we've never had a need to lift the mattress to get at anything under the bed. There are two doors inside the trailer beneath the bed that provide an amply wide access area when both are open. In addition, we have access to the back of the under bed storage via the outside hatch. This opening isn't as wide as the two doors inside but is sufficient for us. However, if you feel you might need a wider access from the outside, you should search the forum for a description & pics of Jim Bennett's mod where he created a much larger outside access hatch (quite nicely I might add).

Old 08-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #49

Hello Grasshoppers,

Is the "full length" mirror on the door standard or a option/Mod?

Best Regards,

TurtleBax
TurtleBax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #50

The mirror was considered standard on our 19 (I'm not sure about any of the other models). I believe that it had previously been a custom requested option and became standard at some point in mid 2009. I'm guessing that it is still the case but I'd suggest checking the official Escape Trailer website or directly contacting Reace/Tammy to ensure that it's still the case.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300

"Snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper."

Congrats on the new rig!!