Happy Days are Here Again - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Thanks for all the great info. We will take it under advisement. I think this is the most complicated of anything on the build sheet, at least where we stand!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Hi PatandLinda,
We ordered one this week too! Looks like it will be nice for lounging and pretty quick to do!
Hi Charlie and Lucy . You will be very happy with new pedestal and it was very easy to install . No more fighting those poles to make dinette into a bed . Goes up and down very easy . I installed table to table plate first . Right in between where original pole holders were . Then installed base making sure by lowering everything is right where it needs to be . They give you screws to install base if on your original floor maybe a little shorter to not go through your floor . I used original screws from table holders for new table top . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #43

pictures of new table pedestal. Just need to install new ledge . Closed 2 holes in platform with dowels and carpet plugs , leaving original pole installation under platform .
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0367.jpg   IMG_0370.jpg   IMG_0368.jpg   IMG_0369.jpg  
Old 05-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
pictures of new table pedestal. Just need to install new ledge . Closed 2 holes in platform with dowels and carpet plugs , leaving original pole installation under platform .
1st picture shows table all the way up . I would not have it all the way up .
Old 05-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #45

pictures showing new platform with previous poles . Escape holders for poles are still installed under platform .
Attached Thumbnails
P1010006.jpg   P1010007.jpg  
Old 05-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #46

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
1st picture shows table all the way up . I would not have it all the way up .
Thanks for sharing your pictures and how you did it. We actually are going to have ETI install it for us in our build. (Unfortunately our 5.0 TA isn't due until Sept 4th.)
We are excited for you to be able to use yours! Love the carpet! Must be nice on your feet!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Ah, pictures...Thank you! I like what you have done. Looks like more leg room, as well. And the carpet is very inviting!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #48

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Someone talk me out of this, it's like the one thing preventing me from signing my build sheet. The only 19 I have been in had the standard dinette. We are going with the U-shape.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
Someone talk me out of this, it's like the one thing preventing me from signing my build sheet. The only 19 I have been in had the standard dinette. We are going with the U-shape.
We have the U-shaped dinette in our 19, but to be honest, I think the standard bench feels bigger. Maybe it's because the table is bigger. We went back and forth on it and only decided to get the u-shape at the last minute. I would probably be just as happy with the stock setup. I would definitely get it in a 5.0TA or 21, but not so sure in the 19. Just my opinion.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:18 PM   #50

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
One person can sit with back against the front of the trailer in a 19' with pillows behind in the standard dinette, and with legs sticking out over the doorway. Can't do that on the other side.

We want the U so that someone can sit with back against the side, on either far side, and put legs up across the U. No need for pillows against a hard wall as in the standard, and there will be room to stretch legs out, not just out partially toward the doorway, as in the standard 19' ---- if you can understand all of this!

So if you want more of a lounging area instead of a place for several people to eat or play games, then the U will give you that, with a smaller table. We will try not having the table there and use flip-ups at each side.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #51

finished new ledge"s . decided to remove existing ledges and replace with new Oak . Also a picture of our pillows for watching TV or reading . Very comfortable . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0372.jpg   IMG_0380.jpg  
Old 05-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
One person can sit with back against the front of the trailer in a 19' with pillows behind in the standard dinette, and with legs sticking out over the doorway. Can't do that on the other side.

We want the U so that someone can sit with back against the side, on either far side, and put legs up across the U. No need for pillows against a hard wall as in the standard, and there will be room to stretch legs out, not just out partially toward the doorway, as in the standard 19' ---- if you can understand all of this!

So if you want more of a lounging area instead of a place for several people to eat or play games, then the U will give you that, with a smaller table. We will try not having the table there and use flip-ups at each side.
If what you want is a way to put your legs up across the U, why not put a short board and cushion across the front and keep the standard dinette? Best of both worlds.
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
If what you want is a way to put your legs up across the U, why not put a short board and cushion across the front and keep the standard dinette? Best of both worlds.
You are really talking about making a U yourself and putting it at the front end. I would say that their U looks much nicer and we would have no reason to have both. You would be cutting off most of the dinette for another person who might want to be there.

If you really want the big table, which some prefer, that is an alternative. We want the smaller table (big one is heavy and somewhat difficult to remove). We actually want no table, if we find that our two flip-ups are sufficient. Your idea could work for some others. Seems there is no end to the possible variations on the dinette.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastar View Post
Hi Happy Days! What a unique idea and so very classy. Thanks for Sharing. Too bad your trailer has to go inside for awhile

Kathy
Thank you for the kind words, Kathy. It won't be inside for long - heading up to BC soon for the Escape rally.
windblade is offline   Reply With Quote