Happy Days are Here Again - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 21' Escape
Happy Days are Here Again

Greetings from Poulsbo, WA! We are Greg & Linda Plow, happy to be back home with our new 21' Escape that we picked up on the 28th of April. It's currently parked in front of its new home, just waiting for me to clean out enough junk so that it nicely fits inside while awaiting its next adventure. I also included a few photos of the interior. I know how much we appreciated seeing the inside of other Escapes when we were trying to design ours, so now it's our turn to share. Most everything in our trailer came from other people's good ideas, but we did venture off on our own when it came to the U-shaped dinette.

We came up with a "bistro table" type design mounted on a stainless steel gas rise pedestal. It fits our dining style nicely for smaller, simple meals most of the time and easily lowers and locks into place for use as a foot stool when relaxing, reading, or watching TV. The full size dining table, since we left off all of the hardware, nicely slides under the mattress for storage and is easily retrieved when needed to place over the round table when making up the extra bed (camping with grandchildren). When we need a larger dinning table (board games, large meals, etc.) the plan is to place a thin non-slip rubber pad on top of the round table and place the larger dinning table on top. Since the bistro table is rock solid with that heavy duty pedestal, I think the plan to simply float the larger table on top of the round table will work well.

We will be at the Escape rally that's coming up soon and are looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Happy Camping,

Greg & Linda
Attached Thumbnails
1-DSC_0145.JPG   1-DSC_0147.JPG   1-DSC_0154.JPG   1-DSC_0151.JPG  
windblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
That is beautiful , very inviting !
Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Looks really awesome. Great idea with the table.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #4

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
Congratulations, it looks wonderful! The table is very clever, it looks like it will work perfectly.
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Excellent trailer! Would love a tour at the rally.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Beautiful inside and the outside storage is real nice also....
Old 05-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Wowser, beautiful!

Nobody has asked, so I will. Where did you get the post for the table? Maybe you've already answered elsewhere on the forum and I wasn't paying attention?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Beautiful dinette! Makes us rethink all our dinette decisions though
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21' Escape
Thank you, Donna, for your kind compliment. To answer your question, the pedestal is made by Springfield Marine and the model number is 1660230-SS. The range of adjustment is 13 inches to 27 1/2 inches. Since the high number was just a little low for us, I used a wood block attached to the steel mounting plate, and then the table top mounted on top the wood block. I purchased the pedestal on Ebay. I believe the aluminum versions of this product is more readily available at a variety of retailers (like camping world) and function just as well; the stainless version is hard to find and I think we got lucky finding one on ebay.
windblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by windblade View Post
Thank you, Donna, for your kind compliment. To answer your question, the pedestal is made by Springfield Marine and the model number is 1660230-SS. The range of adjustment is 13 inches to 27 1/2 inches. Since the high number was just a little low for us, I used a wood block attached to the steel mounting plate, and then the table top mounted on top the wood block. I purchased the pedestal on Ebay. I believe the aluminum versions of this product is more readily available at a variety of retailers (like camping world) and function just as well; the stainless version is hard to find and I think we got lucky finding one on ebay.
Hi ! Your trailer looks great !Could you tell us more about mounting plate and diameter of the pedestal . You are right could not find stainless at this time but hate the 2 pole setup in our trailer and would love to do something different . Any more info would be gratefully appreciated .Also is this for boat Seats or tables or it doesn't matter . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Very nice. You did well with the table
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Most excellent info. While I don't have any table in the dinette of Ten Forward and it's currentlyy working well for me, I'm always looking for information that may be needed in my future.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Greetings from Poulsbo, WA! We are Greg & Linda Plow, happy to be back home with our new 21' Escape that we picked up on the 28th of April. It's currently parked in front of its new home, just waiting for me to clean out enough junk so that it nicely fits inside while awaiting its next adventure. I also included a few photos of the interior. I know how much we appreciated seeing the inside of other Escapes when we were trying to design ours, so now it's our turn to share. Most everything in our trailer came from other people's good ideas, but we did venture off on our own when it came to the U-shaped dinette.

We came up with a "bistro table" type design mounted on a stainless steel gas rise pedestal. It fits our dining style nicely for smaller, simple meals most of the time and easily lowers and locks into place for use as a foot stool when relaxing, reading, or watching TV. The full size dining table, since we left off all of the hardware, nicely slides under the mattress for storage and is easily retrieved when needed to place over the round table when making up the extra bed (camping with grandchildren). When we need a larger dinning table (board games, large meals, etc.) the plan is to place a thin non-slip rubber pad on top of the round table and place the larger dinning table on top. Since the bistro table is rock solid with that heavy duty pedestal, I think the plan to simply float the larger table on top of the round table will work well.

We will be at the Escape rally that's coming up soon and are looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Happy Camping,

Greg & Linda
We have our table on a raised dinette . Only need 25 in . However would like a little more information as asked in previous post as we want to change this now.. Thankyou ,Pat
Old 05-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Greg and Linda, that is a very nice and different set-up and the fabric looks especially neat on the valence. And what an unusual table. You found a good combination.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We have our table on a raised dinette . Only need 25 in . However would like a little more information as asked in previous post as we want to change this now.. Thankyou ,Pat
See post #9, direct link here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...html#post91441
Old 05-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
At this point do not care if it is stainless . Have been looking for hours cannot find anything that will go from 13 -27'28 for less then 685 . That is not in my budget .
Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
At this point do not care if it is stainless . Have been looking for hours cannot find anything that will go from 13 -27'28 for less then 685 . That is not in my budget .
How is $283??

Springfield 3 Stage table Pedestal #SPR-1660230

Tim
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
See the discussion at: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...zona-2499.html

We are very happy with it.

Google Springfield 1660230, second hit: Springfield 3 Stage table Pedestal #SPR-1660230
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
We ordered the Springfield Marine 3 Stage gas filled also.

Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal - Overton's

It goes from about 11" to 28" in height. $319.99 USD with free shipping on Overtons, but if you put in the discount code of SAVE15 at checkout, they knock $48 off so the net price is $271.99. That's cheaper than I was able to find it anywhere.

Now all I have to do is find a free day to remove the current pedestals, install the Allure Vinyl Plank flooring, and install the new pedestal.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Thanks Tim much better . I did find one at Overton's earlier just didn't know if it was the right one . 319!. Then they will give you 15% off .So that is 272 and free shipping . But Thankyou for steering me in the right direction . Pat