It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 23 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #441

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Love it, Laura. Definitely you in a 21.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #442

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Seeing your trailer, I pretty much can picture you! :-).
Looks awesome, Laura!! Very nice combination, everything you picked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Love it, Laura. Definitely you in a 21.
Thanks! Okay, not me in a 21 (yet!), but me on the Bainbridge ferry in Seattle several years ago. Is this how you pictured me?

Yeah, it was a tad bit windy that day.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02276.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #443

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Your trailer looks great Laura! And the flooring matches the the counter tops very well. Neat to see that in totality, and not just peeking from under the floor protection. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the trailer!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #444

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thanks! Okay, not me in a 21 (yet!), but me on the Bainbridge ferry in Seattle several years ago. Is this how you pictured me?

Yeah, it was a tad bit windy that day.
The hairdo totally
Old 11-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #445

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Looks awesome .
Old 11-21-2016, 09:52 AM   #446

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Okay, the water spots will be in these photos, not the previous post. Yeah, got ahead of myself there in my excitement.

These photos show the bed, bathroom and kitchen areas. Note the extended cabinet. And it's great they sent us photos of the shelves installed. (Note the metal thingies on the window frames are still there. I'm hoping they're gone by now as they were supposed to be removed on Thursday or Friday.)

Now you can get a pretty good look at our flooring. I also noticed there was some additional support coming down from the cabinet at the back wall, by the kitchen door. They probably figured they needed more support due to the awning up there.

Heck if I know what the stuff is on the bed. I suspect extra countertop, but I'll find out later as I emailed ETI earlier today (was out of town for a while, so just now got these photos). I'm also assuming our table has been built and is sitting elsewhere when these photos were taken.

The showerhead is one that we provided to them and made by Ecocamel.
Hi Laura ! We absolutely love your counters and flooring ! See they used black plates to match . Very classy interior . You sure have lot's of storage , drawers and cupboards . Just be careful with your weight capacity . As for the sink in bath , I know you didn't want it , but later down the road you may find you kind of like it and are glad you do have it . Nice present for Thanksgiving and Christmas ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #447

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
We didn't want it, but had to get it. I started a different thread a week or so ago that stated a certain faucet shouldn't be purchased. Long story much shorter - turns out when you're getting a 21', you HAVE to get the sink as ETI has to do the pipes differently if you're not getting the sink. And they can't do them any differently in the 21 due to the location of the pipes. ETI had sort-of explained that to me, but it didn't make any sense. Forum members were able to clear up my confusion.

Good memory! Here's the thread:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...ucet-9005.html
Thanks for the link to the post. I kind of remember seeing part of it,but didn't register that it was the bath sink. Well, one less decision to make.
Ginger
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #448

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Laura ! We absolutely love your counters and flooring ! See they used black plates to match . Very classy interior . You sure have lot's of storage , drawers and cupboards . Just be careful with your weight capacity . As for the sink in bath , I know you didn't want it , but later down the road you may find you kind of like it and are glad you do have it . Nice present for Thanksgiving and Christmas ! Pat
Thanks Pat! Yeah, we noticed the black covers as well, which look really nice with the countertop/flooring. Although I told Dirk last night that I might be changing them out eventually for decorative ones (one guess on the theme), which is what I've done in our house (although more than cats were used for that).

Yeah, I've accepted the sink situation. As someone keeps telling me, once we get the trailer the things that bugged me before won't seem to matter as much, if at all. I'll have to wait a bit to see if that's correct.

I'm really looking forward to that extended cabinet, though. It'll be wadded with Dirk's sleeping bag and pillows, so it won't have that much weight in there. And I am leaving all my brass knickknacks and fine china at home (like I really own that sort of stuff), so I'm not *that* worried about weight.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #449

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Thanks Pat! Yeah, we noticed the black covers as well, which look really nice with the countertop/flooring. Although I told Dirk last night that I might be changing them out eventually for decorative ones (one guess on the theme), which is what I've done in our house (although more than cats were used for that).

Yeah, I've accepted the sink situation. As someone keeps telling me, once we get the trailer the things that bugged me before won't seem to matter as much, if at all. I'll have to wait a bit to see if that's correct.

I'm really looking forward to that extended cabinet, though. It'll be wadded with Dirk's sleeping bag and pillows, so it won't have that much weight in there. And I am leaving all my brass knickknacks and fine china at home (like I really own that sort of stuff), so I'm not *that* worried about weight.
Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #450

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Laura, Dirk and kitties... Best of luck with your new trailer... picking it up shortly!!! Love the purple, and the black counters, sink and flooring! You've been at it a long time... Congratulations!!
Enjoy... and Happy Trails!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Laura, Dirk and kitties... Best of luck with your new trailer... picking it up shortly!!! Love the purple, and the black counters, sink and flooring! You've been at it a long time... Congratulations!!
Enjoy... and Happy Trails!
Thanks! Yep, bringing it home on Friday, the 25th (yeah, in a smidge over 36 HOURS!!!!). Orientation at 8AM. Hopefully I can stay awake during it since I know I won't have much sleep the night before.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:07 PM   #452

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Thanks! Yep, bringing it home on Friday, the 25th (yeah, in a smidge over 36 HOURS!!!!). Orientation at 8AM. Hopefully I can stay awake during it since I know I won't have much sleep the night before.
That will be a riot to have your husband come home and see the trailer!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:34 AM   #453

Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Your color choices look really nice, Laura! I like the purple! I do hope you will be able to post a picture with all of your throw pillows. Congratulations!
Old 11-24-2016, 08:00 PM   #454

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
We got a bit of bad news from ETI today.
We got a call from a very apologetic and obviously embarrassed Tammy telling us that they forgot to wire in our interior light switch by the door. The wall coverings are in and they are too far along to go back and fix it. Now we'll have to reach all the way up and turn on the light at the fixture like savages. Oh well, I'm sure we'll muddle through somehow.
Anyway the good news is it's not Friday but we did got more pictures!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2299.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	20218

Name:	IMG_2301.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	20219

Name:	IMG_2300.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	20220
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #455

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
Now we'll have to reach all the way up and turn on the light at the fixture like savages. Oh well, I'm sure we'll muddle through somehow.
I'm sure you'll manage! I very seldom use the overhead lights as the Escape trailers have an abundance of lighting. When I do use them, I always just reach up to turn them on. It's my exercise for the month.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #456

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
While it's certainly disappointing, we didn't order a switch and really don't need it. You could always put an LED puck light right inside the door and just tap it if you find it's an issue.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:43 AM   #457

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They also have some inexpensive motion activated battery led lights, I have used them in the bathroom to eliminate the "where were you yesterday at this time of day" type light at night.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #458

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
I actually felt a little bad for Tammy. I'm in construction and I've been on the other side of that conversation. The only thing worse than the first few moments after the initial is telling the customer that you goofed, but it's best to just fess up and move on.

I'm not really all that concerned about the switch. It's pretty rare to find me camping at night without a light strapped to my head. I don't turn it on much, but I am an Eagle Scout. Be prepared and all that.
Besides she said she'd make it up to us in shirts or something.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #459

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I actually felt a little bad for Tammy. I'm in construction and I've been on the other side of that conversation. The only thing worse than the first few moments after the initial is telling the customer that you goofed, but it's best to just fess up and move on.

I'm not really all that concerned about the switch. It's pretty rare to find me camping at night without a light strapped to my head. I don't turn it on much, but I am an Eagle Scout. Be prepared and all that.
Besides she said she'd make it up to us in shirts or something.
FWIW, I never used that switch in the three years we had our '19. Considering that the switch on the fixture was less than 4' from it, I saw no need to.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #460

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Jim, you did get the wider upper cabinet door in the back, I see
If that is the case, you are going to be so happy and forget in no time about the switch!!!
Sooo much easier access! Makes a huge difference!