It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 28 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #541

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Escape is really busy today. I just received 1st pics of "West Trekker". I am sooooooo excited! Julie
Thanks for posting your pictures. We have a 30 January delivery date for our 17B and we have been anxiously waiting to see our pics which will probably start early next month, buts its good to see yours as a nice taster!!

C&P
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #542

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
I'm lovin all the photos! Glad to see production in full swing...I have such a loooong wait until November. ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #543

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
I wish! Wanted one but didn't want to pay extra so opted for the black. Maybe it is not on there yet?

BTW, Tammy spoke of "storage insurance" while my trailer is being stored during the months of Jan/Feb. My Farmer's agent is kind of incredulous since it is being stored securely there &they have insurance. Email from Sarah said something about getting insurance once the trailer is registered & titled (but still stored). Any thoughts on this? If I understand correctly, will get titled & registered around Feb 1st, then get the RV rider from Farmer's. TIA
Storage facilities do not insure the trailers within that belng to others. Owners have to have their own insurance. The problem is determining at what point you own that trailer. You could go round about that with Escape and their insurance company if anything happens to it. So you and your agent might try to determine when you own it and, of course, Escape may have a different idea.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #544

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisiphone View Post
That is indeed a cat door.
Cool! I'm still trying to figure out where to put the litter box, food bowls and all that inside our trailer. Do you plan for the kitty to hang out under the bed? I'd sure hate to lift that sucker to change the litter box!

Love your countertop! And the color of the graphics.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:55 AM   #545

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Julie, it's nice to see a 17B in production! (So many 21's... . Is that the high lift axle or "regular"?
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #546

Trailer: Escape 21 Dec 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Cool! I'm still trying to figure out where to put the litter box, food bowls and all that inside our trailer. Do you plan for the kitty to hang out under the bed? I'd sure hate to lift that sucker to change the litter box!
I was thinking I could take the litter box in and out from the front DS hatch. Doesn't that go to under the bed? Wherever the litter goes, it'll need to be changed frequently in such a small space. Being a cat he also needs a safe space so I had intended it to be dual purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Love your countertop! And the color of the graphics.
Thanks. I am liking how it's turning out. I am aiming for a 1950's diner motif. The countertop isn't quite as retro as I like but I was pretty limited that way with having to choose from Formica- all the really good retro patterns are Wilsonart. Graphics are Real Teal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Julie, it's nice to see a 17B in production! (So many 21's... . Is that the high lift axle or "regular"?
Mine is high lift.
Tisiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #547

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Standard axle.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:59 AM   #548

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Totally agree on Wilsonart. Met a couple with a 15 last Spring and they have Blue Agave. Escape used to use it and don't understand why they stopped. If you have to choose between the two to keep it simple Wilsonart offers a much wider selection.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #549
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Totally agree on Wilsonart. Met a couple with a 15 last Spring and they have Blue Agave. Escape used to use it and don't understand why they stopped.
Perhaps because Formica quit manufacturing it? I just searched Formica.com and that color isn't found.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #550

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Totally agree on Wilsonart. Met a couple with a 15 last Spring and they have Blue Agave. Escape used to use it and don't understand why they stopped. If you have to choose between the two to keep it simple Wilsonart offers a much wider selection.
Seeing I am doing my own laminate, I got to choose from all the different suppliers, and I too found that I had more selections from Wilsonart than any others, and the one we are likely going with is from them, as it works great with the fabric we chose. I am kinda curious as to why just Formica, as I am sure Pioneer in Chilliwack could supply just about anything. Flooring and upholstery are both open for choosing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #551

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
While I'm completely happy with the Basalt Slate we got from Formica (well, except for the completely stupid glossy sealant they used along the backside on a matt finish countertop, so now it looks like I can't even wipe up water), there was one I liked even more from Wilsonart and I was completely bummed when ETI told me they wouldn't install that brand and it could ONLY be Formica brand. I thought that was kind of weird, as aren't they all pretty much the same?

And Donna, Blue Agave is from Wilsonart. What a stunner! I'm in lust!

Laminate - Blue Agave - 4919
Old 12-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Seeing I am doing my own laminate, I got to choose from all the different suppliers, and I too found that I had more selections from Wilsonart than any others, and the one we are likely going with is from them, as it works great with the fabric we chose. I am kinda curious as to why just Formica, as I am sure Pioneer in Chilliwack could supply just about anything. Flooring and upholstery are both open for choosing.
Well crap! I just went to the Wilsonart page with our choice, and it was discontinued on Dec 01, 2016. I imagine we might still find it in stock, but might have to go with plan B, an Arborite product.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #553
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Well crap! I just went to the Wilsonart page with our choice, and it was discontinued on Dec 01, 2016. I imagine we might still find it in stock, but might have to go with plan B, an Arborite product.
Same thing happened with our Formica choice Jim. Escape called their supplier and luckily they had a sheet in stock.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Same thing happened with our Formica choice Jim. Escape called their supplier and luckily they had a sheet in stock.
I better get on the horn to our supplier, pronto!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #555

Quote:
Yeah, LOTS more selection with Wilsonart. I had way more samples from them than I did from Formica, back during the decision making stage. But, then I found out when they state "formica" they (ETI) really means the brand, not just the generic name that many use for countertops (same as with kleenex sort of situation). Super, major bummer about that.

Hey, ask 'em when you're there next week why they no longer install Wilsonart.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #556

Around here most folks use Arborite as the generic name. As a contractor I make certain to use "laminate" to avoid any confusion.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
That's why we ordered our flooring many, many months in advance, just in case. I was also worried this would happen with the formica as I knew ETI wouldn't order it until much closer to the build (closer than we did on everything we had to order for the trailer). I kept samples of my other choices, just in case. In fact, I tossed 'em last night as I no longer need 'em.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #558

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Perhaps because Formica quit manufacturing it? I just searched Formica.com and that color isn't found.
I should have been more clear; Blue Agave is Wilsonart.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:25 PM   #559

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisiphone View Post
I was thinking I could take the litter box in and out from the front DS hatch. Doesn't that go to under the bed?
I've done this in two RVs - arranged a "cat bathroom" area for the litter which is accessible from the outside to change the litter (and to clean up) and from the inside for the cats. Even with outside access some sort of door is needed on the inside, so the cats can be secured inside while the outside hatch is open for cleaning.

Yes, in a 21' the front driver's side hatch accesses the space under the bed. The black tank is at the front of this space and the water heater is (presumably still) at the rear end of this space, so some thought needs to be put into interior dividers for the sake of the cat, the trailer's equipment, and ease of cleaning.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #560

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
I had asked ETI the same question and Tammy responded. She said their local Wilsonart supplier wasn't as reliable as they needed them to be. FWIW ......
The
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote