It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #41

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyer View Post
We are excited to share the first pictures of our new 2017 model Escape 21!
Scheduled hatching date is July 20th!
Pete & Nancy Styer
Frewsburg, NY
Yay! I noticed you're getting the extended cabinet next to the bed. We ordered that as well, so I'm going to be looking at your in-progress photos very carefully to see the progress on that.

Is this the trailer that was recently listed for sale by ETI? I seem to recall (if memory serves me correctly) that it has the extended cabinet.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyer View Post
We are excited to share the first pictures of our new 2017 model Escape 21!
Scheduled hatching date is July 20th!
Pete & Nancy Styer
Frewsburg, NY
Hi: pstyer... CONGRATS!!! Looks like you snagged a beaute!!! Will we see that shiny new 21 at Niagara Wine Escape this September? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:06 PM   #43

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
You nailed it The second switch is a disconnect for the awning. Apparently its considered bad for the awning to deploy while driving on the highway The disconnect deals with the accidental deployment. Here's the first pic of a 2017 19' with a storage box. We picked it up today and its a beauty.
since you have similar Ram and 2017 Escape 19, if you get a chance would love to see pic taken with both the trailer and the truck in the pic ( length wise and perpendicular to both) ...this would allow visualization of future delivery better! thanks
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #44

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
There have been a bunch of improvements and I think I like all of them. My previous trailer was a 2014 19' so I have a pretty good base for comparison. My VIN shows this one as a 2016 but its a 2017 model. I was wondering that myself. I guess I need to change my User title stuff. Sorry the rest of this will be like a brain dump. I'm tired and just finished moving everything from the crawlspace into the trailer. I added the front storage box this time and, like Jim, I'm not convinced of its aesthetics but its functional. Jack antenna works well on the driveway. Passenger side light has been moved down close to the sewer connection. Which swivels down 90 degrees for better dumping. The spray foam is apparent around the sewer connection but is generally inconspicuous. New to me radio antenna, maybe new to you too. Storage area under bed has no more vertical supports. They must know we are svelte its a lot easier to access, especially with the larger exterior access panel. USB/12 volt option in a few locations. Larger cabinet both under the fridge and the lowest row under the sink and stove. The space is huge! Jack antenna internal controls. Swiveling heater panel. Inverter control and Electrical Management System (EMS). Fridge has racks with built in restraint bars.
Attached Thumbnails
P4243597.jpg   P6303717.jpg   P6303718.jpg   P6303719.jpg   P6303720.jpg  

P6303721.jpg   P6303723.jpg   P6303724.jpg  
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #45

Here's the balance of the photos. Fine art everyone of them Oh, I forgot to mention that the awning is really slick. Mine is Dometic but I understand that they might be supplying Carefree instead because of supply chain issues. I got that off this forum, so its probably correct
Attached Thumbnails
P6303725.jpg   P6303726.jpg   P6303727.jpg   P6303728.jpg   P6303730.jpg  

P6303731.jpg  
Old 07-01-2016, 02:33 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Yay! I noticed you're getting the extended cabinet next to the bed. We ordered that as well, so I'm going to be looking at your in-progress photos very carefully to see the progress on that.

Is this the trailer that was recently listed for sale by ETI? I seem to recall (if memory serves me correctly) that it has the extended cabinet.
Yes, This is the same trailer that was available three days ago due to a cancellation.
It is unfortunate that the original owners needed to back out of their purchase. I don't know their circumstances, but I hope they are able to get another trailer on the schedule soon.
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:49 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: pstyer... CONGRATS!!! Looks like you snagged a beaute!!! Will we see that shiny new 21 at Niagara Wine Escape this September? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
We will be attending the Niagara Wine Escape in September! We have not made our reservations yet. A lot has happened this week!
A special "THANK YOU" to you and Mary Ann for showing us your 5.0 TA at the BOLORAMA in June of last year. It really helped us decide to purchase an Escape trailer.
Another special "THANK YOU" to Bill and Earline. They spent hours showing us their 21 foot Escape at last years Niagara Wine Escape. We finalized our decision to purchase after that rally.
Pete & Nancy
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #48

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Very Nice Dave! and Very Good Narrative Pictorial! Lots of good features in the new model. Many former options and 'secret options' are now standard. Reach and Tammy are obviously very attentive . Congrats!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Dave, you got the bigger refer did you not? Looks huge, have you turned it on yet? Love the stripper pole in the 19, makes it nice for us older folks exiting.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Dave, you got the bigger refer did you not? Looks huge, have you turned it on yet? Love the stripper pole in the 19, makes it nice for us older folks exiting.
Jim, yes its the bigger fridge. I was thinking the pole might make a good paper towel dispenser. You may, however, use it any way that you and other consenting adults agree on
Old 07-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #51

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Those vertical walls served several purposes other than support, they kept things away from the pump and water heater, particularly metal objects that could do some harm. I'll have to enclose some of that area partially.
ETI partially boxed in the water heater under our 2016 21, but left the rest of the under bed storage wide open, with unimpeded access from both inside and outside. This picture shows the protective support ETI provided for the right side of the water heater. I built a similar support to protect the front side of the water heater from other stored objects that may shift during travel. I like the complete open space for access, and just wanted to protect the water heater.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Wide open spaces are nice in a house, not so much in an RV cabinet or storage area. Everything you store there tends to slide and bump into everything else. So, you have to come up with a container or divider solution. I think it would be nice to see a stock solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #53

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes that was the same for my Blackjack but my first 19 had vertical walls arond the water heater as well
Old 07-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #54

Trailer: 2014 19'
I would rather see more then less compartments. I dissembled the entire bed area, replaced the flying joints with glued and screwed joints, improved the water side protection, formed a hatch side compartment and reassembled everything with adhesive. Coated all that bare wood with sealer. the best part is the 4' x 2' under bed drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
1 Drawer Front.jpg   1 Side hatch box.jpg   1 flying joint repair.jpg  
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nice work, Klem. Gives me some good ideas.....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #56

I've changed my trailer ID to reflect the model: 2016/17 Maybe someone has an idea for a better identifier
Old 07-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I would rather see more then less compartments. I dissembled the entire bed area, replaced the flying joints with glued and screwed joints, improved the water side protection, formed a hatch side compartment and reassembled everything with adhesive. Coated all that bare wood with sealer. the best part is the 4' x 2' under bed drawer.
Very nice Klem with the one large slider let's you put wider items in slide . Nice stops too . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
very nice work Klem....perhaps Escape will borrow your idea and someday offer a similar option with the same attention to detail like sealing unfinished wood, etc.
Curious if the new trailers without vertical supports use a stronger horizontal support material/structure to help mitigate the effects of removing the vertical support structure...looks like it was poplar/white pine previously....the whole rear of the new escape 19 trailer being open with the stick,glue,staple frame construction does make it somewhat easy for owners to make it a DIY project area to suit ones own taste.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #59

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
very nice work Klem....perhaps Escape will borrow your idea and someday offer a similar option and hopefully with the same attention to detail (seal unfinished wood).
Why don't you ask them?
I ask, how much extra weight does this mod add to a 'light-weight trailer'?
Old 07-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Why don't you ask them?
I ask, how much extra weight does this mod add to a 'light-weight trailer'?
nice option for those who do not want to DIY or do not have the means to do the mod...however the DIY prospect allows one to possibly choose different/lighter weight/stronger materials and design to suit their taste.