It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 80 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #1581

Trailer: 2016 5.0TA
Beautiful! Love the flooring and fabric choices!
gbjepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #1582

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
I'm heading north to get my trailer on Sep 7. I live in Houston and am hoping my wife will still be able to fly out on Sep 6. Harvey should be gone by then, but the after-Harvey-party will last for months. My house is fine so far, but my son's house is at risk.

At DW's insistence, I got out of town the day before Harvey.

Here are the final photos of "Jackie's Escape".

Love your new rig and hope you are well. My thoughts are with all those affected by Hurricane Harvey and with all those providing aid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:21 PM   #1583

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
Leaving Saturday to pick up my little house on wheels on the 5th

Finally - the day is fast approaching. I got the final photos the other day and all I can see are many, many travel adventures ahead. I am getting the 17B. One last little snag that was resolved was the larger dinette table. The standard table is 49" and the table length for the hinged table is 40.5" with a supplied filler board for making into a bed. I went back and forth on this - ease of bed setup vs extra table length. I opted for the longer table for reasons of crafts - watercolors - general "stuff" that will end up there - more room for daily living stuff... So, when I got my final photos showing the shorter table with a filler board I was a bit concerned. I was informed that ETI has changed the standard table length for the 17s to this shorter table since so many people are opting for the adjustable height pedestals. Not happy - but it was quickly resolved and I am getting the longer table.... happy again
I also had custom drawers built for the wardrobe and am very pleased with this. In my 40+ years of camping, hanging clothes has not been a priority... .
I am leaving Saturday - taking my time getting there and allowing for the many fires along my route. Orientation scheduled for the 5th.
Let me end this long winded post with a major THANK YOU to this forum for all your help and support as I worked my way through the build sheet. Looking forward to meeting you on the camping trail.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05397.jpg   DSC05130.jpg   DSC05502.jpg   DSC05141.jpg  
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #1584

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
Finally - the day is fast approaching. I got the final photos the other day and all I can see are many, many travel adventures ahead. I am getting the 17B. One last little snag that was resolved was the larger dinette table. The standard table is 49" and the table length for the hinged table is 40.5" with a supplied filler board for making into a bed. I went back and forth on this - ease of bed setup vs extra table length. I opted for the longer table for reasons of crafts - watercolors - general "stuff" that will end up there - more room for daily living stuff... So, when I got my final photos showing the shorter table with a filler board I was a bit concerned. I was informed that ETI has changed the standard table length for the 17s to this shorter table since so many people are opting for the adjustable height pedestals. Not happy - but it was quickly resolved and I am getting the longer table.... happy again
I also had custom drawers built for the wardrobe and am very pleased with this. In my 40+ years of camping, hanging clothes has not been a priority... .
I am leaving Saturday - taking my time getting there and allowing for the many fires along my route. Orientation scheduled for the 5th.
Let me end this long winded post with a major THANK YOU to this forum for all your help and support as I worked my way through the build sheet. Looking forward to meeting you on the camping trail.

I love those drawers! Wish I would have thought of that during my build. New news to me about the new table. The full size one is heavy
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:47 PM   #1585

Trailer: Looking for 15b
I love the drawers too. How exciting for you, keep us updated re your pick up.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #1586

Trailer: 21 Escape - Sept 2017
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05606.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	26998

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05605.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	26999
We received our first build photos from ETI today of our new 21!! We ordered our trailer on December 6 last year and it's been 9 months to the day (coincidence). It seems like forever ago as we've spent the last months talking about the trailer, selecting options, re-selecting options, and finally wondering if we actually made the right choices. We haven't posted much on the Forum but we have intently followed many of the discussions and threads which ultimately helped us finalize some of our options. Thanks to you folks for participating in the Forum and being willing to offer up your time, knowledge, experience, and opinions; they have been invaluable. We travel to Chilliwack September 22 and have our pickup and orientation Monday September 25. We look forward to many happy miles and adventures in our new Escape.
lchris292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:46 PM   #1587

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The baby is born, nice!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:55 PM   #1588
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Hmmmmm

First pics I've seen of a new born without the bath shells inserted before joining the halves. Maybe because the doorway is now larger?

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #1589

I've been assured that I will receive photos tomorrow of Wild Thing...I won't sleep a wink tonight
Old 09-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #1590

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Sweet!!! Those last few days/weeks will fly by! Your excitement building every time you get pictures in. Keep sharing please. Love those pics! (and it's not even my trailer)
Old 09-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #1591

Here are the first photos of Wild Thing!

Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #1592

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
It sure looks pretty wild! Except the flooring. You picked a nice one!
Old 09-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #1593

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 (One Life...Live It)
Wow Looks great, quite an exciting time.
Fun&Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
It sure looks pretty wild! Except the flooring. You picked a nice one!
Yeah, I kept the floor and counters neutral but wait until you see the cushions!!

Old 09-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #1595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun&Sun View Post
Wow Looks great, quite an exciting time.
Thanks...it is so very exciting to see it finally coming into being after so many months of planning!

Old 09-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #1596

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisababe View Post
Love your new rig and hope you are well. My thoughts are with all those affected by Hurricane Harvey and with all those providing aid.

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the kind thoughts! All is well with my family in Houston, but we have many friends whose home flooded.
My mind boggles as I see what Irma has wrought in the Caribbean and soon in Florida. I pray for a minimal loss of life.
DW and I are currently enjoying our trailer (aka Jackie) at a campground in Lillooet BC. This is day 3 for Jackie. The first two were at Bridal Falls Camper Land, where we unpacked my truck and tried to find the best places for everything. We love Jackie!!! We have a small list of adjustments for ETI to take care of, but nothing of any consequence.
We're blessed to be safe, cozy, and well fed in Jackie with incredible scenery in all directions.
Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #1597

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Rich, That is one fantastic looking combination! Congratulations and enjoy Canada prior to your journey home!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #1598

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the kind thoughts! All is well with my family in Houston, but we have many friends whose home flooded.
My mind boggles as I see what Irma has wrought in the Caribbean and soon in Florida. I pray for a minimal loss of life.
DW and I are currently enjoying our trailer (aka Jackie) at a campground in Lillooet BC. This is day 3 for Jackie. The first two were at Bridal Falls Camper Land, where we unpacked my truck and tried to find the best places for everything. We love Jackie!!! We have a small list of adjustments for ETI to take care of, but nothing of any consequence.
We're blessed to be safe, cozy, and well fed in Jackie with incredible scenery in all directions.
Rich
Would you mind telling me what adjustments you need? We pick up our 5.0TA at the end of November and due to the time of year may not be able to hang out and camp. Thanks
Old 09-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #1599

Glad you and yours weathered the storms. I left MA today enroute get Wild Thing! I'd love to know what things you are having tweeked...
Old 09-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #1600

Here are the 2nd round production photos of Wild Thing! I left Ashland MA today heading for Chilliwack. Stopped in Niagara for the night. I'll miss the rally this year but maybe next year! I'm blogging about my Escape Adventure...if you want to follow along you can find me at Wildthingescapes.com