It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 128 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2019, 11:06 PM   #2541

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I think that I saw it today lined up in a row with several others. There were two 21s with red graphics side-by-side.

I notice that you got the front window, so did I. I like being able to look out, especially in the direction of my tow vehicle without going outside at night.

Looks like you asked for no graphic on the front window. I'm not crazy about them but it might grow on me. Otherwise, I have a hot air gun.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #2542

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
jumboscott,

What was your fabric choice? Looks good.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #2543
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
my 21 has the front window, and frankly, I never use it. I wish it had the night shelf instead. as it is, I have nowhere to put my glasses and bedtime book, and water bottle.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #2544

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
my 21 has the front window, and frankly, I never use it. I wish it had the night shelf instead. as it is, I have nowhere to put my glasses and bedtime book, and water bottle.
We love the look of the front window, but because of a need to sleep sitting all the way up in bed, we couldn’t choose it and had to omit the standard ETI shelf. Don’t know if our over bed shelf would work with the window there, but it might since it is attached to the overhead cabinet and not the sidewalls.

Pete constructed ours to hold our glasses, some books, our kindles (we hid cord wires so we can charge them there too) drink holders and etc. 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
F6CC1E63-1FF4-49A4-A41E-AD3600A27255.jpg   17628DAA-335C-4C89-85F3-8A524EF39AF5.jpg  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #2545

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
We love the look of the front window, but because of a need to sleep sitting all the way up in bed, we couldn’t choose it and had to omit the standard ETI shelf. Don’t know if our over bed shelf would work with the window there, but it might since it is attached to the overhead cabinet and not the sidewalls.

Pete constructed ours to hold our glasses, some books, our kindles (we hid cord wires so we can charge them there too) drink holders and etc. 🙂
Love the colors of your bedspread and pillows ! The shelf looks very well thought out and well done ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #2546

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
Finally done! Now I gotta go get it.
Wow, it is GORGEOUS!
Good luck absorbing the orientation info, you're going to be so excited, it may be hard to take in even 1/10th of it
So happy for you, enjoy every moment
Old 09-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #2547

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Love the colors of your bedspread and pillows ! The shelf looks very well thought out and well done ! Pat
Thanks, Pat 🙂
Love your blues too!
Old 09-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #2548

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
from previous ?
Sailrite Essential Granite

https://www.sailrite.com/Sunbrella-P...olstery-Fabric
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #2549
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Hey John, Perhaps you could take a stud finder and see if you can locate the 'studs' or wooden posts behind the wall next to your bed?? If so, you might be able to find some wall shelves that you could screw into those posts for a wall shelf? I had that wall reinforced so I could screw in a shelf, for my books and glasses, and it works great. I had this shelf up in my attic for years - finally found use for it again.

If you can locate the structural posts in the wall, and find a shelf, then I bet ETI could confirm the depth of the posts so you know what screw length to use, or others on this forum might know? For shelves, I think The Container Store or Ikea might have something that could work with varying wall support locations. For my water bottle I use a car wedge cupholder on the side and shove a small towel in the corner to keep it steady.

Nrgtic4, love your over head shelf. Very nice and organized!
jumboscott, congrats!! Looks beautiful... You're gonna love it!! -Bea
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7396 (7).jpg  
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
Thanks, Pat 🙂
Love your blues too!
And Teal too ( our cushions ) Thankyou ! Pat
Old 09-11-2019, 11:49 PM   #2551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hey John, Perhaps you could take a stud finder and see if you can locate the 'studs' or wooden posts behind the wall next to your bed?? If so, you might be able to find some wall shelves that you could screw into those posts for a wall shelf? I had that wall reinforced so I could screw in a shelf, for my books and glasses, and it works great. I had this shelf up in my attic for years - finally found use for it again.

If you can locate the structural posts in the wall, and find a shelf, then I bet ETI could confirm the depth of the posts so you know what screw length to use, or others on this forum might know? For shelves, I think The Container Store or Ikea might have something that could work with varying wall support locations. For my water bottle I use a car wedge cupholder on the side and shove a small towel in the corner to keep it steady.

Very nice Bea ! Pat
Old 09-12-2019, 01:24 AM   #2552
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Very nice Bea ! Pat
Thanks Pat!
Old 09-12-2019, 05:20 AM   #2553

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Nice shelf there Bea, I notice you have a lot of space along the wall next to the mattress, is that a stock mattress or smaller?
Old 09-12-2019, 05:34 AM   #2554

Quote:

Bea,
Your shelf and art by the bed looks great! Good idea to wedge a cup holder there!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:41 PM   #2555
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nice shelf there Bea, I notice you have a lot of space along the wall next to the mattress, is that a stock mattress or smaller?
Hi Jim, We have the stock mattress...didn't even think to ask for anything else! However, I do see why some people ask for a narrower mattress. It's a tight fit, for sure, but we don't mind. I think the picture is a little deceptive; it looks like there's more space than there is...maybe because we use big fluffy sleeping bags under the quilt?

Speaking of the bed, thank you to whoever it was on this forum that recommended the vented mattress pad that we use. We give it a : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Super easy to trim the bottom right corner with a pair of scissors and very comfortable!

Nrgtic4, Thank you but I can't take credit for that cupholder either....must thank whoever here came up with this one, too! -Bea
Old 09-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #2556
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Speaking of the bed, thank you to whoever it was on this forum that recommended the vented mattress pad that we use. We give it a : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Super easy to trim the bottom right corner with a pair of scissors and very comfortable!
do you put that between the mattress and a mattress cover? when we tried a topper that way, we found it slid off the mattress over the course of a couple nights and it was a constant fight to keep it aligned.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #2557

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
Mattress topper

Quote:
do you put that between the mattress and a mattress cover? when we tried a topper that way, we found it slid off the mattress over the course of a couple nights and it was a constant fight to keep it aligned.
I would love the solution to the topper sliding down every three nights also. I do not want to give it up but wish it would stay put.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:02 AM   #2558
Bea

Quote:
Hi John and jkavanagh, No slippage for us - here’s our method, not sure why it works...just lucky, no doubt!

First, I put a fitted sheet, (full XL) over the mattress. Then the foam topper, then a fitted mattress cover, then a fitted bottom sheet. I like the jersey knit type of sheets since they are stretchy - not sure if these type of sheets make a difference or not. Hope this helps! -Bea
Old 11-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #2559

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Production must have slowed down or something, no new picture posts since early September?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:55 AM   #2560

Trailer: Future 5.0 owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly7 View Post
Our 5.0 is coming along very well. We will be picking it up in mid-September.
How did your build go? It took me forever to find your post, why was it moved to the middle of someone else's build post just to get lost in one huge post? So strange.
TexanAviator is offline   Reply With Quote