It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 128 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2016, 06:52 AM   #2541

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Now if they would just get a new stock fabric.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #2542

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Now if they would just get a new stock fabric.

Maybe they bought a ton of it and it needs to get used up first.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #2543

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Weird, can't find that color anywhere on the Formica site, but it pops up on other sites when you do a google search. Wonder if it's so new it's not on the Formica site or it's been discontinued. Something they should check into before offering it as a new standard.

Shop Formica Brand Laminate Mineral Olivine- Matte Laminate Kitchen Countertop Sample at Lowes.com
And you are right. I just heard from Tammy and they learned it was discontinued when tried to order. So they will be looking for something else.

Jeff
Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #2544

More pictures and time to post them

Received more but just now some time to post and comment on the options now seen. This batch I got right after the one with the new flooring I posted earlier.

in first the kitchen window, it will open. And solar panel.

Next, got the U shaped dinette

Next the larger fridge, I had two drawers put between the heater and wardrobe. The wardrobe will be used as a pantry, there will be two shelves in it.

Got another batch of photos last night I'll put up later today. I don't know if this is the normal amount. I'd asked Erin at the beginning to take as many as they had time for, especially the early infrastructure ones.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00220.jpg   DSC00223.jpg   DSC00224.jpg   DSC00225.jpg  
Old 02-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #2545

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Nicely coming together! Looks good with the flooring. You are going without a rangehood? (don't see the flappy on the outside)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Nicely coming together! Looks good with the flooring. You are going without a rangehood? (don't see the flappy on the outside)
I do have the range hood, stainless. Noticed the flap not on yet and I assume just not cut in yet.

That's way I love these photos though, can keep an eye on all the options and notice if something wrong.

Jeff
Old 02-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #2547

More pictures and option thinking

Really making some progress in a few days. I'll mention more options since showing up more now.

One of the things I went around and around on was 12v outlets and drops. I knew I'd want some in places but not sure exactly till I use awhile. Also wondered about wiring. From emails with Escape they will do 12v 'drops' with just a coil of wire for future. But that is off the lighting runs. 16G wire and they won't upgrade to bigger wire as an option. The outlets are run with 14G wire. I'm handy and can modify and upgrade, pull wire etc. But was thinking the more they did the less I'd have to. And some areas harder to get to.

I ended up putting in a few extra outlets, wire drop, and a captains light. The goal was to have something in each location I could tap off and add later easily.

I added the exterior 12v outlet next to the exterior 120v plug so a 12v wire source under the bed area. And knew I wanted the outlet for use outside anyway.

12v outlet on wall under the thermostat. I have an optional flip up table going on that wall above bed (use like a nightstand) so this will let me charge iPad, etc. I already have a box full of various chargers so didn't get the ones with USB built in.

12v outlet next to plug under the fridge, again a hard to get to area and I can use for a 12v fan etc.

12v outlet in upper drivers side cabinet over the front shelf, for charging things up there.

12v captains light front passenger corner, the only place I knew I wanted one and can tap off later

12v drop in rear upper passenger corner cabinet. This will cover anywhere in those back cabinets for future captain lights and a small fan I'm thinking about.

I did add the optional lift kit, in exterior pics it does look a bit higher over the tires? Might not have needed this but I plan to go to some rough areas eventually and wanted clearance just in case.

I'll be carrying a bike on back so got the extra vertical taillights.

You can see the black exterior 12v outlet next to the 120v. It is exterior rated, has a cover.

I got the powered jack option, seen in 2nd pic. Along with a LED exterior light on the front since will have the storage box.

I like these interior shots since can see a lot more detail on the wire runs. The plug for the microwave under the stove is in now.

The power panel under the table is now in. Cutout for the optional cabinet door on passenger side dinette seat. And the Captain light is in.

Can see some of the wiring and framing in the fridge area. Toilet is in now (and I got the foot flush option). Just past the toilet in the dinette drivers side bench you see a small black panel. I believe this is the solar control panel. I had it moved. I plan to add a portable panel expansion later, I'm having them put in an electrical access hatch in the front drivers side to access that dinette bench area and make wiring for it easier. When talking about my plans with them they said they could move the panel there no extra charge. I'll be adding my own TriMetric monitor later (to end of upper passenger front cabinet by door) so the harder to read under table area wasn't an issue for me.

Can see how the kitchen faucet sources are run. And can see mounted the new display monitor for holding tanks, it has an LED indicator switch for the hot water tank now. I also bought and sent the Horst probes for the black and grey tanks. I'm getting the under insulation (not the heaters) so can't add the probes myself later.

In the last one with closeup of the microwave area I can see a piece of tape with writing. Looks like the construction guys also are wondering about the new formica

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00332.jpg   DSC00333.jpg   DSC00334.jpg   DSC00335.jpg   DSC00336.jpg  

DSC00337.jpg   DSC00338.jpg  
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #2548

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Great pictures and explanation Jeff. It's obvious you have put lots of thought into current and future needs. Very exciting!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #2549

even more progress and new formica

And more progress.

I went for the aluminum wheels option on all 5. With the exchange rate they were cheaper than anything I could get here. And was worried about the painted wheels rusting after years I plan to keep the trailer.

I had an electrical access door added in rear passenger side. Technology changes fast and I didn't want to get any built in antennas but wanted option to add a removable exterior pole and antenna (tv or wifi) later. I got the removable electrical cord option so the other side wouldn't work to bring in an antenna wire.

I like blue so went for the royal blue graphics. The phrase on rear just something I've liked for years

I went for the solar and A/C options.

The formica is in now. The replacement for the discontinued Mineral Olivine 3447-58 that Escape was considering for a stock 2017 choice is the Madras Indian Slate 3688-58 and that is what they put in. I already had the dark edge trim option on my build sheet when this all came up.

So I have the first trailer with 2017 'stock' colors.

I just went with the stock table for now. I'm considering the pneumatic table post several people have put in but wasn't ready for sure. Figure I'll live with the stock one for awhile and see how it works for me.

You can't see the stove but I went with stainless for both the stove/vent and the sink.

And to show why these pictures are so great, and Escape isn't perfect, I caught an 'oops' in the 2nd to last picture. I got an extra 'counter extension' table on fridge wall to use as a nightstand. This was suppose to be mounted at orientation at height I wanted it, it was on the build sheet. I saw they'd mounted it. And it is so low the mattress would trap it closed or if open couldn't close it. I emailed right away and Sarah said they had the production crew remove it, said "The Production Team was able to remove the counter extension without jeopardizing the over-all appearance of the existing wall." I'll see when I pick it up. The mattress should cover most of the screw holes.

It could just be the lighting but the color of that extension table looks different to me compared to the photo of the main counter. I emailed to double check that all the formica was the same.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01250.jpg   DSC01251.jpg   DSC01252.jpg   DSC01253.jpg   DSC01254.jpg  

DSC01255.jpg  
Old 02-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #2550

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Very nice, Jeff. After spending a week, first dry camp, in the desert in our new 19 all I can say is ur gonna love it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #2551

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
love this thread ....always so nice to see the beautiful trailers !
Old 02-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #2552

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Looking great!
Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #2553

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Salinas View Post
The replacement for the discontinued Mineral Olivine 3447-58 that Escape was considering for a stock 2017 choice...
I have the Mineral Olivine (with the radiance finish) in my 2013 trailer. I'm glad it's discontinued so I'll feel better about having paid extra for a custom installation.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #2554

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Thanks for posting and the explanations, Jeff.

That new stock countertop isn't too bad. I guess they'll make their decision after your trailer is all done and everyone there can admire it and put in their 5 cents worth (no pennies in Canada any longer!).

I'll still stick with the basalt slate I'm getting, but that new one isn't too bad - I like it way better than the old stock color.

Good catch on the too low flip-up counter. Whew!

Love the graphics - royal blue is one of my favorite colors as well. Fun saying - it'll make folks smile when they see it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 AM   #2555

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I see an exterior 12v outlet and it also appears ETI is now centering the spare vs offset in prior years?
Old 02-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #2556

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Very Nice Jeff! Very much like the Madras Indian C/T!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #2557
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
.....it also appears ETI is now centering the spare vs offset in prior years?
I hope so, offset has always bugged me...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #2558

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
same here
Old 02-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #2559

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
I'd have to see how it affects the bike rack set up I have.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:05 AM   #2560

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
it also appears ETI is now centering the spare vs offset in prior years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Quote:
same here
It bugged me so much on our 17B that I went to the trouble of centring it myself.