It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 155 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #3081

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Congratulations! Very nice looking trailer ! Pat
Thank you Pat. We think it is too !
Old 10-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #3082

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
very nice..
no fridge and no table pedestal or is the trailer fab not complete yet?
Correct no fridge. I will fill the cavity with a Nova Kool 12 vdc unit. The pedestal and the table top will be stored at home. We will design and build a table per our needs.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #3083

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Correct no fridge. I will fill the cavity with a Nova Kool 12 vdc unit. The pedestal and the table top will be stored at home. We will design and build a table per our needs.
so the Nova Kool does not require that vent on the side of the trailer in the back of the fridge?
care to share which Nova Kool model is going into this so one can check this out further?

solar panels ?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #3084

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Hello everyone,
We will do orientation Friday 4 November 11am and hopefully head for the border early afternoon. Ordered September 2015 so its been a while.

Glad we were able to get the classic shell before the mold is sent out to pasture. The exterior looks as we had planned all along, smooth and clean. The interior deviated from original plan to change more than just the flooring. Aside from a very thick cushy floor all else remained stock for the time being. We have future plans to change this but not after making sure this is our keeper. We think it is a keeper.

Santiago
Love the outside look of the classic version! Congratulations! Happy you still had the choice and could get that beautiful "old" spanking new trailer!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #3085

No external vent needed just like we don't vent our home refrigerators to the outside. Most Nova Kools have their inlet/outlet grill below facing the room. Simplest install of all. The smaller units do this air exchange in the rear and requires two grills, inlet and outlet. More discreet grill (smaller) can be fan powered when connected to the fridge board that controls an optional fan so that it only runs when needed. I suppose grills to the outside would work but I want the shell sealed as much from wind, dust, water, outdoor temperatures and bugs as possible.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #3086

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
No external vent needed just like we don't vent our home refrigerators to the outside. Most Nova Kools have their inlet/outlet grill below facing the room. Simplest install of all. The smaller units do this air exchange on the rear and requires two grills, inlet and outlet. More discreet grill (smaller) can be fan powered when connected to the fridge board that controls an optional fan so that it only runs when needed. I suppose grills to the outside would work but I want the shell sealed as much from wind, dust, water, outdoor temperatures and bugs as possible.
very nice...the trailer still has the vent on the roof above this enclosure?
so which model fits and was it easy to have ETI accommodate this modification to trailer ?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #3087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Love the outside look of the classic version! Congratulations! Happy you still had the choice and could get that beautiful "old" spanking new trailer!!!
Thank you Marry. Yes we fell in love with the classic look/shape ever since Reace and Tammy first showed it to the world many years ago. We saw photos of the new style prototype when we visited ETI September 2015. It looked great and the new awning and windows were a winner BUT I made it clear we want the original.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:01 PM   #3088

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
very nice...the trailer still has the vent on the roof above this enclosure?
so which model fits and was it easy to have ETI accommodate this modification to trailer ?
Regarding the roof, the mold's roof bump seems to still be there but they were instructed to not cut an opening as it's not functionally needed and another place for intrusions.

The Nova Kool RFU 6800 is a shoe in, easy fit replacement. The two larger units RFU 8220 and 9000 are wider and per forum member FishTaco was able to modify the cabinet to install one of these wider ones. Not sure I want to go that far but will wait and see once I have the trailer and can inspect the cabinet and determine feasability of modifying it. Not that gung-ho in my old age. Likely buy the RFU 6800 to get it in painlessly.

As to ETI accommodating this, I think it was easier for them as the cabinet and opening 120vac, 12vdc is same as with the stock unit and they did not have to run a propane line nor install the refrigerator, cut vent openings top and side, hook up and quality control check the unit. I would say they got a good deal here from a manufacturing point of view
Old 10-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #3089

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Sweeet... I know you have waited a long time for this and you will enjoy it. You should be in time to run over for the Quartzsite gathering. Would love to meet you and see the trailer.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #3090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Sweeet... I know you have waited a long time for this and you will enjoy it. You should be in time to run over for the Quartzsite gathering. Would love to meet you and see the trailer.
Thank you Greg, meeting you is one of the things I have at the top of my list. When is Quartzsite?

I also have Pat and Linda in mind as well as Rossue.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #3091

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...e-az-7193.html

Feb 6th thru 12th come and go any combination of days.

I'm hoping Pat n Linda will run over as well.... Rossue would be great but not sure where he is located.

Ron in BC is likely to be back as well and a great source for info/mods. In addition to many others from las year.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #3092

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Lookin' good, Santiago. Looking forward to seeing it after the fridge is installed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Lookin' good, Santiago. Looking forward to seeing it after the fridge is installed.
Thank you Jim, will do just that.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #3094

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Santiago, do you mind sharing how much of a credit ETI gave you for leaving the fridge out of your 21'?

Looked at your picture and something seemed to be missing. Looks like you left the awning off of your build as well.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #3095

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Santiago, do you mind sharing how much of a credit ETI gave you for leaving the fridge out of your 21'?

Looked at your picture and something seemed to be missing. Looks like you left the awning off of your build as well.
Yes no awning by design. The awning blocking, fiberglassed in, was added at my request.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #3096

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Thank you Greg, meeting you is one of the things I have at the top of my list.
I think you need to work on that bucket list
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #3097

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
I think you need to work on that bucket list
Hi, don't understand your comment. What are you saying?
Old 10-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #3098

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Hi, don't understand your comment. What are you saying?
I think he is saying that seeing you have him on your list of things to do, you might need to get yourself an updated list with better priorities.

I have meeting the both of you in my list.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #3099

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
So, your awning is rolled up on the floor? or is that extra flooring? Since you got old style, what was glassed in for the awning?
Old 10-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think he is saying that seeing you have him on your list of things to do, you might need to get yourself an updated list with better priorities.

I have meeting the both of you in my list.
Thank you Jim, as always a gentleman and someone I am looking forward to meet when we travel Canada in your direction.

I like Greg and Pat and Linda as much as I like you and Rossue of course. There are others of course and yes I absolutely am looking forward to meeting you and them.

Too bad Greg and Teresa did not explain this themselves which leaves me with the impression that they feel sorry for me since all I have is meeting people I happen to like.

To ease Greg and Teresa's concern for me I would like them to know that last month we tent camped ( already sold our Scamp ) in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park and had a great time. Two weeks later took a 10 day cruise to the Sea of Cortez and snorkeled with 20ft whale sharks, it's ok they only eat women but I didn't tell Kim that.

Tomorrow Kim and I will tour the Telsa factory because Telsa bought Kim's Audi TT for research purposes. For some strange reason their engineers like me, go figure. Then head to Chilliwack later that week for obvious reasons.

After bringing the trailer home, we pack our backpacks as we are strictly one carry on travellers- no check in bags, and spend 10 days touring England. Then in January a short 4 day cruise to Mexico. Then in March a 35 day cruise around South America. Seeing Cape Horn, the tip, hoping for a nasty storm like we see in the movies for more dramatic action packed photos. All our trips are photographed and on our travel website. With my luck I will be washed overboard.

So when I said meeting you , Greg and the others is HIGH ON MY LIST .... it speaks well of the opinion I have of you guys. We will go camping next year and plan to see many of you at Quartzsite.

No worries, we are doing ok.