It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 156 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #3101

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So, your awning is rolled up on the floor? or is that extra flooring? Since you got old style, what was glassed in for the awning?
No, the roll on the floor has to be spare flooring, no awning. What was glassed in were the same wood blocking normally used had the awning been installed. I asked in case me or future owner wants to install one. It is "awning ready". Likely a future owner as we don't want one. No charge to add all standard awning blocking.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #3102

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
That is quite the itinerary you've got going-no chance of any grass to grow under your toes!

Am curious- what are you doing for solar to power the Novakool? Couldn't really tell but didn't see a panel on the roof. May have forgotten plans you have to put some on. Also, did you swap places for the vent and MaxxFan?

If you come back down via 101 through SLO we would love to meet you both.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #3103

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
That is quite the itinerary you've got going-no chance of any grass to grow under your toes!

Am curious- what are you doing for solar to power the Novakool? Couldn't really tell but didn't see a panel on the roof. May have forgotten plans you have to put some on. Also, did you swap places for the vent and MaxxFan?

If you come back down via 101 through SLO we would love to meet you both.
Hi Ross, good hearing from you.

Wish we had time to come down 101 but we need to get back quickly as I have retirement house construction to do before we leave for England. Will certainly do that some time early 2017.

To keep things simple we moved the standard Maxx fan to where the AC would have been. Like the awning, it's factory reinforced and pre-wired for a future owner. We do not want one, at least not on the roof. That's another story.

On powering the fridge, will know more when I have the trailer at home, can't comment yet without having the trailer but plans are to not attach panels to the roof. It's a shame as I like and am a solar advocate. I have ideas that on paper should allow long boon docking. Will see how it goes. I am pretty sure I know what I am doing just don't know what that is yet. ; > )
Old 11-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #3104

Escape Industries - A well deserved shout-out

Just returned from our classic 21 delivery last Friday. All went as planned.

I wanted to re-iterate what many here already know. Dealing with Tammy and Reace is a pleasure ! They made our delivery simple and painless. Tammy is so gracious and Reace so helpful. We had no issues and I believe it's due to their commitment to quality and building a great product at a reasonable price.

I am quite discerning and I must say, I could not find anything to point to needing attention. In fact, I am just blown over how well the interior was cobbled together, excellent fit and finish - perfect ! Honestly I am impressed as I expected some minor issues. The exterior looks great, all penetrations sealed, fiberglass surfaces smooth with no blemishes, all tires with 50 psi air pressure per my dial gauge, etc. Most of what I checked their QA team had done already and documented on a QA sheet. As an example, the water system was pressurized to 100 psi to test for leaks. The wall and ceiling covering assembly first rate. The bathroom just perfect. After a while it became a bit boring looking for issues.

I chose to forgo weight distribution system at this time and see how well the trailer/truck perform after a couple of actual trips fully loaded. Its my nature to start minimally and work up if needed. Dennis was our hitch expert and expert he was. He showed me his technique for finding the correct ball height for a level trailer. I was impressed. In addition he is the nicest man one could meet. Learned a lot in a short time and am grateful we had the opportunity to be his student.

We are extremely pleased to have worked with Sarah, Tammy and Reace these past 14 months and are glad to have had this opportunity to do business with them. We look forward visiting them when in Canada or at outings.

Thank you Escape Industries.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #3105

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Glad to hear you got your trailer, and all is great with it. Let the fun begin.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #3106

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Your Escape looks beautiful! I actually thought it was the new model at first. I guess that that would be obvious in person. Nice having everything go right.

Quote:

I wanted to re-iterate what many here already know. Dealing with Tammy and Reace is a pleasure ! They made our delivery simple and painless. Tammy is so gracious and Reace so helpful. We had no issues and I believe it's due to their commitment to quality and building a great product at a reasonable price.

I am quite discerning and I must say, I could not find anything to point to needing attention. In fact, I am just blown over how well the interior was cobbled together, excellent fit and finish - perfect ! Honestly I am impressed as I expected some minor issues. The exterior looks great, all penetrations sealed, fiberglass surfaces smooth with no blemishes, all tires with 50 psi air pressure per my dial gauge, etc. Most of what I checked their QA team had done already and documented on a QA sheet. As an example, the water system was pressurized to 100 psi to test for leaks. The wall and ceiling covering assembly first rate. The bathroom just perfect. After a while it became a bit boring looking for issues.

I chose to forgo weight distribution system at this time and see how well the trailer/truck perform after a couple of actual trips fully loaded. Its my nature to start minimally and work up if needed. Dennis was our hitch expert and expert he was. He showed me his technique for finding the correct ball height for a level trailer. I was impressed. In addition he is the nicest man one could meet. Learned a lot in a short time and am grateful we had the opportunity to be his student.

We are extremely pleased to have worked with Sarah, Tammy and Reace these past 14 months and are glad to have had this opportunity to do business with them. We look forward visiting them when in Canada or at outings.

Thank you Escape Industries.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #3107

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Your Escape looks beautiful! I actually thought it was the new model at first. I guess that that would be obvious in person. Nice having everything go right.
Thank you Cathy. We love the clean no thrills exterior look. At last minute decided to add the graphics but decided to keep as a subtle grey as to not distract from the beauty of fiberglass shell. We killed the large "Escape 21" from the front but kept the smaller ones on the front left and right sides.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #3108

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Santiago,
I concur with your observations about Tammy and Reace, a first class operation at Escape.
Also let's not forget Nigel, Sarah, Erin as well as Dennis.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Santiago,
I concur with your observations about Tammy and Reace, a first class operation at Escape.
Also let's not forget Nigel, Sarah, Erin as well as Dennis.
Yes I agree, my bad.

Sarah has been with us from day one 14 months ago and taken good care of us. Nigel as well on a more detailed production level. He understood where I am coming from from day one and didn't even roll his eyes. ;>) He worked with me cutting a full sheet of paneling to fit inside keeping it as large as possible. A invaluable gentleman. Erin allowing us to start inspection when they first opened Friday morning and communicating with me as the build progressed.

Dennis, I mentioned in my original writing how wonderful he was with us and we both wanted to take him home with us.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #3110

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...e-az-7193.html

Feb 6th thru 12th come and go any combination of days.

I'm hoping Pat n Linda will run over as well.... Rossue would be great but not sure where he is located.

Ron in BC is likely to be back as well and a great source for info/mods. In addition to many others from las year.
Hi Gregg . Really would like to go and am keeping this ralley in our sights ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #3111

Quote:
Yes I agree, my bad.

Sarah has been with us from day one 14 months ago and taken good care of us. Nigel as well on a more detailed production level. He understood where I am coming from from day one and didn't even roll his eyes. ;>) He worked with me cutting a full sheet of paneling to fit inside keeping it as large as possible. A invaluable gentleman. Erin allowing us to start inspection when they first opened Friday morning and communicating with me as the build progressed.

Dennis, I mentioned in my original writing how wonderful he was with us and we both wanted to take him home with us.
Hi Santiago ! Just catching up with this thread . We left for awhile the days I missed your posts . Thankyou for your kind words . We would also like to meet you too. Wow your trailer is a beauty ! Love your graphics . You guys put in a lot of thought with your build . I can't wait to see your refrigerator installation . Also solar , batteries , what you have in mind . Please post pictures when you get your installations in . I love others who think outside the box . It gives me courage to do things differently too. A high five to you ! Pat
Old 11-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Santiago ! Just catching up with this thread . We left for awhile the days I missed your posts . Thankyou for your kind words . We would also like to meet you too. Wow your trailer is a beauty ! Love your graphics . You guys put in a lot of thought with your build . I can't wait to see your refrigerator installation . Also solar , batteries , what you have in mind . Please post pictures when you get your installations in . I love others who think outside the box . It gives me courage to do things differently too. A high five to you ! Pat
Thank you for the kind words Pat. We finally dragged it home by the two chains they provided, we wondered why we saw so many sparks on our rear view mirrors. It later dawned on us to attach the trailer to the truck's ball !!!

Yes we like the exterior's cleaner, simple look. Now I need to start dealing with the refrigerator. It looks like the 7.3 cf model with 19.5" depth will easily go through the 22 inch wide door. That's good because that model has the compressor/condenser below doing its air exchanges directly to the cabin and no need to cut inlet and outlet grills. In addition this design will allow me to add more insulation all around the back, top and as much as possible on the sides as the mechanicals are below and out of the way, whew! Less work and much higher expected efficiency than published. Hopefully much less than the expected 50% cycle times, I would be happy with 30%. Insulation is one of God's great gifts to mankind along with compound interest.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #3113

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words Pat. We finally dragged it home by the two chains they provided, we wondered why we saw so many sparks on our rear view mirrors. It later dawned on us to attach the trailer to the truck's ball !!!

Yes we like the exterior's cleaner, simple look. Now I need to start dealing with the refrigerator. It looks like the 7.3 cf model with 19.5" depth will easily go through the 22 inch wide door. That's good because that model has the compressor/condenser below doing its air exchanges directly to the cabin and no need to cut inlet and outlet grills. In addition this design will allow me to add more insulation all around the back, top and as much as possible on the sides as the mechanicals are below and out of the way, whew! Less work and much higher expected efficiency than published. Hopefully much less than the expected 50% cycle times, I would be happy with 30%. Insulation is one of God's great gifts to mankind along with compound interest.
Oh my hope everything is alright on your trailer . I think you were just very excited after your long wait . Yes insulation is very important . On this last trip my numbers were down to 31 in refrigerator and -2 in the freezer . We have the 4.3 . I had put back freezer door for this trip and was very happy with our numbers . I had ,like others pulled refrigerator and insulated the cabinet very heavily.my thinking very extreme coolers have very thick walls . We have one for summer 3 in thick , so why not insulate the refrigerator cabinet with as much as I could . I think that helped that refrigerator the most . But if I need to change this refrigerator out , thinking of the compressor type also is the way to go . Family we camped with have a 3 door residential refrigerator in there motorhome . They seem to be installing in
New RV's a lot today . So very interested in your refrigerator installation . Pat
Old 11-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #3114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Oh my hope everything is alright on your trailer . I think you were just very excited after your long wait . Yes insulation is very important . On this last trip my numbers were down to 31 in refrigerator and -2 in the freezer . We have the 4.3 . I had put back freezer door for this trip and was very happy with our numbers . I had ,like others pulled refrigerator and insulated the cabinet very heavily.my thinking very extreme coolers have very thick walls . We have one for summer 3 in thick , so why not insulate the refrigerator cabinet with as much as I could . I think that helped that refrigerator the most . But if I need to change this refrigerator out , thinking of the compressor type also is the way to go . Family we camped with have a 3 door residential refrigerator in there motorhome . They seem to be installing in
New RV's a lot today . So very interested in your refrigerator installation . Pat
No worries Pat, I was joking with regards to dragging our trailer. My wife is right, I can be weird.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #3115

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
My wife is right, I can be weird.
Not another weirdo! We are overpopulated with them here already. A few of them right from day one of this forum.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #3116

Quote:
No worries Pat, I was joking with regards to dragging our trailer. My wife is right, I can be weird.
You are alright Santiago Pat
Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #3117

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Very glad you had a good delivery & trip home. Too bad you didn't have the opportunity to do some camping with it coming back but understand it just isn't quite ready yet.

We too had a great experience with Nigel- he was more than willing to make sure everything was right- went above & beyond. I think the Italians call it lagniappe- throwing in a little extra.

Look forward to seeing you out there somewhere next year!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #3118

Hi Ross.
Yes Nigel is a great guy. We are fortunate to deal with folks like him. He is British.
Had we had time, we would have gone travelling returning weeks later. With the exception of the missing fridge, everything is ready to go. We have a cooler.

Problem is that I need to continue my work with our project house construction as I am behind schedule and we need to get ready for our 10 day holiday to England in about two weeks. Not easy with a 15 pound backpack limit plus one personal bag, Air New Zealand carry on rules. We can check in one bag free but choose not to. Other foreign carriers allow us 22 pounds but that includes the personal bag. I stuff coat pocket with camera lenses as they are heavy for their small size.

I am sure we will meet in 2017.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #3119

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Hi Ross.
I stuff coat pocket with camera lenses as they are heavy for their small size.
I wear a fisherman's vest with lots of pockets including an added interior pocket that holds my netbook. Keeps the smaller electronics, cameras etc. close and keeps weight out of the bags.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I wear a fisherman's vest with lots of pockets including an added interior pocket that holds my netbook. Keeps the smaller electronics, cameras etc. close and keeps weight out of the bags.

Ron
Ron - you are my kind of guy.