It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 50 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #981

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Ginger, your 5.0 TA is beautiful. The fabric is very cool and the whole rig comes together very well.

Congrats! You'll be camping soon and having a great time.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:21 AM   #982

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Hello from snowy Mill Creek, WA. Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I pick her up on the 16th. I'll try to answer the questions:
Jim - the bedroom windows don't open. I was told by ETI the bedroom opening ones are not insulated. Also, figured I could get enough air from the overhead vents, as needed. I doubt if that vent is insulated.
Don and Teresa - the formica trim is brown and the formica is Mineral Olivine 3447-58.
Donna - I got the lounge area idea from you (thanks) as I never eat at the table. I did get those two flip up tables for each side to use as tables if needed. Interesting about the bathroom door. I'll let you know after I pick it up.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #983

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerh View Post
... Don and Teresa - the formica trim is brown and the formica is Mineral Olivine 3447-58.
An excellent choice (that was our #2!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerh View Post
.... I pick her up on the 16th. ...
What a wonderful Christmas present. Way Cool.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #984

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
It's finally our turn!

We got these photos from Crystal yesterday and they are well underway on our 5.0TA. This time sure arrived quickly- our official completion date is not until January 12.

I can't figure out what that space is under the closet or are those cross pieces just temporary supports for the walls.

Also, it looks like they are fairly far along on the bathroom already. In their haste I hope they haven't forgotten we need a surround in there.

OK, I'm starting to get excited.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #985

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Lyle, you lucky dog, I'm excited for you. "Escaping Reality" is due to hatch a week after yours and I can't wait to see some pictures of her.
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #986

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: iamunique127... That space under the closet will be at the end of the stairs. Here's a finished look, sitting on the foot of the bed, looking down. Under the top step is propane tank storage. Next down is the hinged top of the forward stowage bin. Bottom step we use for shoe's etc.
On the outside is the forward hatch with the landing gear controls. The hatch isn't there yet!!! All will be revealed on delivery. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030669.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #987

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post

I can't figure out what that space is under the closet or are those cross pieces just temporary supports for the walls.

Also, it looks like they are fairly far along on the bathroom already. In their haste I hope they haven't forgotten we need a surround in there.

OK, I'm starting to get excited.
I'm guessing what you're looking at is a temporary jig to hold the bulkheads in the correct position while other work is done.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #988
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
...Under the top step is propane tank storage. Next down is the hinged top of the forward stowage bin. Bottom step we use for shoe's etc. ....
On Ten Forward, 99% of the space under the top step is clear, it's just not hinged (because this step is "L" shape). The propane storage is actually in "front" of the step area. Whatever can fit through the second step can be pushed to the front of the trailer under the top step. Lots and lots of room for small folding tables, dirty laundry, etc.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #989

Quote:
Hi: iamunique127...
On the outside is the forward hatch with the landing gear controls. The hatch isn't there yet!!! All will be revealed on delivery. Alf
Hi Alf

Thanks for the info.
I'm looking at the open space on the bottom of the closet. I thought I was seeing the back of the landing gear switch on the forward wall of that space. Are you saying that is actually where the driver's side forward hatch space will be?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
On Ten Forward, 99% of the space under the top step is clear, it's just not hinged (because this step is "L" shape). The propane storage is actually in "front" of the step area. Whatever can fit through the second step can be pushed to the front of the trailer under the top step. Lots and lots of room for small folding tables, dirty laundry, etc.
Great news, Donna. I wasn't aware there was storage behind the stairs. I thought the two outside hatches were behind the stairs but I guess it's just the propane that's behind one of the stairs.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #991

Quote:
Hi Alf

Thanks for the info.
I'm looking at the open space on the bottom of the closet. I thought I was seeing the back of the landing gear switch on the forward wall of that space. Are you saying that is actually where the driver's side forward hatch space will be?
Hi: iamunique127... The dark square that you can see are the push buttons for the landing gear. Once the hatch is cut in from the outside you will be able to look in at the back of the wall at the steps. The access panels to the landing gear are part of the propane bottle cabinet walls.
Our 5.0TA was #2 build so some things may have changed since. Escape trailers are always in transition even without owner mods. We were pleasantly surprised at the amount of storage Reace created in the front of the trailer!!! The door side exterior hatch for instance is all the space under the drawer. The other side houses some of the larger black tank. Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1030665.jpg   IMG_20140604_153001.jpg  
Old 12-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #992

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
When I was getting the build pics of my 19, there were some moments of question, but I knew it was a work in progress and it'll be fine when it's done. The answers you get from the current owners here are great and a big help.

The waiting is the hardest part, but when it's done, you'll love it.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #993
Site Team

Quote:
Great news, Donna. I wasn't aware there was storage behind the stairs. I thought the two outside hatches were behind the stairs but I guess it's just the propane that's behind one of the stairs.

I haven't visited Ten Forward for a couple of weeks. I need to go over sometime (when it's not POURING rain) this next week. I'll take pictures of the step area and take measurements and post. Stand by.

One of my future MODs, when the carpeted area in the steps wears out... and it will. Is to hinge that top step. I figured I could slide a pretty good sized table into the area, although putting something between the second step and the top step would stop "slop." Since I don't have a dining table, having a table to use, when needed, would be good. Hummm...
Old 12-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #994

Thanks again for the info, Alf. Your explanation certainly makes it a lot clearer where the different things are located. I had always appreciated these Friday photos but when I see shots of my own trailer I find I'm looking much more closely at the details. It's great to learn what is here and there behind all the finished walls. The black tank for example. It makes perfect sense it would be there, of course. I'm curious, is the bottom step hinged? You mentioned using it for shoes.

Thanks for the offer, Donna. Don't go out of your way though. Hinging that step was one of my first thoughts after you mentioned how that space is configured. I've been following another thread with great interest about gaining some storage space above the wheel wells. Ease of access is always a good thing.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #995

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
I had always appreciated these Friday photos but when I see shots of my own trailer I find I'm looking much more closely at the details.
I actually looked at posted photos with a magnifying glass and/or saved them to my Escape file to zoom in on them before I submitted my own build sheet. It's amazing what one can learn from them.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #996

Hi: iamunique127... Care must be taken before making any mod's to the top step. The propane compartment must remain sealed from the inside of the trailer due to possible leaks from the tanks. I'd check with Reace about doing anything in that area. Alf
Old 12-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #997

Quote:
Hi: iamunique127... Care must be taken before making any mod's to the top step. The propane compartment must remain sealed from the inside of the trailer due to possible leaks from the tanks. I'd check with Reace about doing anything in that area. Alf
Roger that.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #998
Site Team

Quote:
Yes, point taken. But, the area under the top step actually is part of the compartment for the second step. All that's missing is the top step hinge (for convenience).
Old 12-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #999

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
“Escaping Reality” is finally in production

In Chilliwack she’s known as VIN #1713, she may not look like much right now but to me "Escaping Reality" is a real beauty 8)
Attached Thumbnails
013.jpg   014.jpg   015.jpg   016.jpg   018.jpg  

2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #1000

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Me thinks it says "17B"....our trailer's VIN ends in 911, meaning that was the number of total trailers built to that point last September. Number 1000 finished already or soon. I do agree however it looks right fine!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote