It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 104 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #2061

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Ooooohhhh looking good Don andTeresa!!! About this time next month ( or so ) my 17A will be looking about the same. Seeing yours is getting me revvvvved up in spite of my best efforts to pull in the reins. You guys must be jumping all over the place! I'm so excited for you. Good times are a rolling! Congratulations!

Tom
Thanks, Tom.
This morning over coffee, Teresa and I poured over the build photos, discussing all the things we want to do, and trying to figure measurements of things just from the photos. Since there are no previous 17A photos, nor much in the way of data specific to the 17A on forum threads, we keep saying "We'll just have to wait and see".
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! We don't want to wait; but we will.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #2062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Sorry you didn't get that truck but you could make music ! Pat
It changed Glenn's life forever. You'll notice that he still doesn't have that truck; tows with a RAV4.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #2063

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Thanks, Pat. Sounds like you're seeing the same areas that we'll visit on our inaugural trip. I checked the fire map at work, and our route home keeps us west of OR and WA fires, and east of CA fires.
At Eugene, we'll cross over Willamette Pass (OR 58) to US 97 - (possible smoke N. of Klamath Falls due to a 13000 acre fire NW of Crater lake); there are many fires between the Northern CA redwood coast and I-5 , so we'll be well east of those.

Yeah, It IS like Christmas as a kid. Maybe I'll take some Xmas lights to hang on the 17.
Just a head's up we kept . checking the smoke map and Sat . Map and some of the info wasn't updated . There wasn't suppose to be smoke after Klamath etc .especially When we got to Eugene OR. But we still were in smoke on 5 until about Tacoma . Now today rain started last night that will help with smoke to clear it out . Keep going and keep windows on truck and trailer closed . We can't deal with smoke . Anyway not as bad as it could of been . We need rain just not lightning . Definitely get some lights for the trailer ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:40 PM   #2064

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Still can't sing or play a harmonica either.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #2065

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Thanks, Tom.
This morning over coffee, Teresa and I poured over the build photos, discussing all the things we want to do, and trying to figure measurements of things just from the photos. Since there are no previous 17A photos, nor much in the way of data specific to the 17A on forum threads, we keep saying "We'll just have to wait and see".
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! We don't want to wait; but we will.

Hi Don and Teresa,
About a month ago Slickheadhunter had some 17A pictures up on the "Its Friday" thread.

On your photos, it looked like there was plywood glassed in to the inside surface (below the window) of the rear of your trailer. Was that something that you requested? I asked for the same as I would like to modify my table / wall connection sometime in the future. .... perhaps that ply is a standard feature .... ?
Old 08-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #2066

Quote:
Hi Don and Teresa,
About a month ago Slickheadhunter had some 17A pictures up on the "Its Friday" thread.
Yup, you're right, Tom. Sorry, Emile, I forgot about your posts. (I had even bookmarked them; I can only plead that "I'm old")

Quote:
On your photos, it looked like there was plywood glassed in to the inside surface (below the window) of the rear of your trailer. Was that something that you requested? I asked for the same as I would like to modify my table / wall connection sometime in the future. .... perhaps that ply is a standard feature .... ?
I noticed that plywood as well. It's Not per my request. At first I thought it was just leaning there, but on further examination, I think it's standard reinforcing because the dinette table is the one with two wall clips and one swing-down thin square leg at the other end. (As opposed to the one-or-two large metal tube legs of the larger trailers.) Here's the photo of the table and sq. post for the 17 dinette on ETI's website. You can see one of the wall clips.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #2067
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Oh so you got one of the permanently affixed tables. The exact same table in a Scamp trailer. It uses a "bail" that's fixed to the wall (the plywood you were talking about). You tip up the table to disengage from the two clips and it swings down into bed position.

In other words, you can't just take the table and leg and throw them in the back of the "truck." This style table is kinda permanent.

I really like the table, and how it works/converts in my Scamp.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #2068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Oh so you got one of the permanently affixed tables. The exact same table in a Scamp trailer. It uses a "bail" that's fixed to the wall (the plywood you were talking about). You tip up the table to disengage from the two clips and it swings down into bed position.

In other words, you can't just take the table and leg and throw them in the back of the "truck." This style table is kinda permanent.

I really like the table, and how it works/converts in my Scamp.
Golly, Donna. Now you have me wondering if I'm incorrectly remembering what I saw last November at ETI.
I think that there are clips or pins on the back of the table that fit into metal receivers on the wall. You lift the table, clips come free of the wall, fold the leg, and lay it on the ledgers to make the bed.
(Or take it to the beach, turn it upside down with the leg extended, get a good run at the surf line, and have a ride on your boogie board with a steering handle!) (pick one).
Old 08-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #2069

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Here's the photo of the table and sq. post for the 17 dinette on ETI's website. You can see one of the wall clips...
The classic dinette table. It is found in Scamps (as Donna mentioned), but also Bolers, Trilliums, and just about every other brand of small trailer before the currently used pedestals became popular.

Quote:
I think that there are clips or pins on the back of the table that fit into metal receivers on the wall. You lift the table, clips come free of the wall, fold the leg, and lay it on the ledgers to make the bed.
Yes, that's how it works.

I have this in my Boler and I think it is a very functional and effective design. It does depend on solid wall support.

Table Hardware at the Scamp Parts Store
AP Products Table Hinge Bracket Kit at Dyers RV Parts and Accessories
The one at Dyers is described as "a completely new approach to the old problem of wall tables"; perhaps it was written in 1960.... The Dyers page includes an illustration of how it works.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #2070

Trailer: new Escape 21 in Oct. 2015
Escape 21 Build Photos

Here are today's photos of our 21 scheduled for completion on 9/28/15. It look like the solar panel brackets are fastened through the shell. I think I can see washers on the inside of the shell.
Attached Thumbnails
9-1-2015, Escape 21, 049.jpg   9-1-2015, Escape 21, 050.jpg   9-1-2015, Escape 21, 051.jpg  
TimTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #2071

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
It's Tuesday!

Final build pics: Berry graphics.
Attached Thumbnails
023.jpg   024.jpg   025.jpg   027.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 10:32 PM   #2072

More final build pics!

Fabric and formica... and just look at that HUGE counterspace
Attached Thumbnails
037.jpg   033.jpg   028.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #2073

Final build pic: Door curtain

Wouldn't it be cool if the door curtain was the same fabric as the upholstery? (I think I can manage it!)
Attached Thumbnails
031.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 10:39 PM   #2074

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Looks beautiful Mary! Just checking... Is that door curtain standard on the 21? And yes it would look awesome in your upholstery fabric!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #2075

Final build pics: da bed.

Okay, so the electrical outlets are in a weird place without the over-the-bed shelf. We figure we'll come up with something to take its place... And the bed's getting a padded, fabric covered headboard (our first mod). So ya kinda have to use your imagination (still).
Attached Thumbnails
030.jpg   035.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #2076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Looks beautiful Mary! Just checking... Is that door curtain standard on the 21? And yes it would look awesome in your upholstery fabric!
Yep. It's standard. Isn't it great!
Old 09-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #2077

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If it's looking great, Mary.

What exactly is the door curtain. I haven't heard anything about it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #2078

Final build pic: the batroom

Mirror on the door... and I assume that's a shower curtain in there, next to the toilet.
Attached Thumbnails
034.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
What exactly is the door curtain. I haven't heard anything about it.
It's a curtain that you can pull across the door. I think they include it because you can see the bed from outside when the door is open.

With the curtain, the door can be open and closed at the same time.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #2080

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
One more question - is the cover over the sink standard? Please say yes as I've already submitted my build sheet!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote