It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 150 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #2981

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Marry, is the table wider then the stock one which would fit the dinette cutout for a bed?, looks it.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #2982

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i love the round table i definitely want to do that! your colors are great!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #2983

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
how do you set that area up for a bed ?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #2984

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Marry, is the table wider then the stock one which would fit the dinette cutout for a bed?, looks it.
32". One inch over on each site. Can not use it for the bed, but easy to make your own and store underneath the mattress.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #2985

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Thanks, I like it.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #2986

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
In case you do decide to go without a sink, ask to get the toilet paper holder installed during pick up. (Easier to choose when you see the bathroom for real)
We did the same as you, Marry. We have a 5.0 TA and chose to not get the bathroom sink. We had the toilet paper holder installed on the little slanted wall behind and to the side of the toilet. This gives extra space to shower in. We love this set up. We have had a Scamp and a Casita with bathroom sinks and we are very happy with our choice to not have one this time.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #2987

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Thanks for posting the additional photos, Marry.

I didn't know those back cushions came in two sections. The ones I flung around at ETI while taking photos were one piece.

I dunno, some sock monkeys snuck into your trailer. I hope you're aware of that. They're sneaky devils and will take over the entire place if you don't pay attention. Pretty soon you're going to have sock monkey towels, pillows, curtains, bedspread, sheets and who knows what else.

I'm sure your sock monkeys could have a discussion with all the cat stuff that's gonna go in our trailer.

I see how you can get those 4 drawers in there since you moved the sink and stovetop around. How's that set up working for ya?

Yep, that's one nifty table. I wonder how many other round ones they're now making! I remember you talking about it during your build, but had no idea it would look so nice. How did you determine what size to get? I'm thinking that would be good for some crafting time! We're getting the flip up counters, but they won't work for that, so I've been trying to figure out what to do (don't want the standard table as it's too big for us). Will have to ponder that some more.

Oh, and why round instead of just a smaller square/rectangle table?

Thanks Marry!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #2988

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Love the table, really awesome. I'm working on a smaller version of the round table that will take one leg.
Do you think it'll be pretty stable with only one leg? I'd think it might wobble around when it's used unless it's really locked into place.

Marry - forgot to say that your flooring reminds me of a Tetris game with rows of different colored tiles. Although it's not quite as colorful at a Tetris game. Looks nice.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #2989

The U shape dinette cushions come in 2 sections, the longer ones to fit up against the rear bench seat cushions. The two smaller ones are extra, as their space is taken already by the rear bench.
The standard dinette does use a one piece back rest cushion on each side though.

I chose for a round one for a better access on the bathroom side, as well as for a more cozy look. The size I came up with after some kindergarten play time: drawing up a u shape, cut different sizes circles, figuring out what worked best. (Had quite some fun with it while others kept on making fun of me)

For the counter top and drawers: love it! No more stuff all the way back down in the cabinet. Room for cell phone, glasses, etc. on the counter top within hand reach from the bed. Also put a 12v USB charger on top of the empty counter space, umbra hooks up in that corner. Easy to hang stuff when charging and out of the way.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #2990

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Love your round table! We removed ours altogether but if we had one, I would prefer round for sure.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #2991
Lin

Trailer: Pop up, 2017 escape 19
Quote:
The U shape dinette cushions come in 2 sections, the longer ones to fit up against the rear bench seat cushions. The two smaller ones are extra, as their space is taken already by the rear bench.
The standard dinette does use a one piece back rest cushion on each side though.

I chose for a round one for a better access on the bathroom side, as well as for a more cozy look. The size I came up with after some kindergarten play time: drawing up a u shape, cut different sizes circles, figuring out what worked best. (Had quite some fun with it while others kept on making fun of me)

For the counter top and drawers: love it! No more stuff all the way back down in the cabinet. Room for cell phone, glasses, etc. on the counter top within hand reach from the bed. Also put a 12v USB charger on top of the empty counter space, umbra hooks up in that corner. Easy to hang stuff when charging and out of the way.
Marry, not sure I understand how your long cushions work if you a using the dinette as a bed?
We will be getting an additional round table similar to yours (thanks for the inspiration!). We are planning two 13" filler boards so we will be able to make up the bed when we travel with the round table.
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #2992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Marry, not sure I understand how your long cushions work if you a using the dinette as a bed?
We will be getting an additional round table similar to yours (thanks for the inspiration!). We are planning two 13" filler boards so we will be able to make up the bed when we travel with the round table.
From the left over fabric I am planning on making two equal sized filler boards, as well as two the same size platforms. Both halves of what is needed to make a bed.
This way I can use it as a lounge as well by using one part, removing the table and posts, and bring in our little fold up table from outside.
Pretty much the same as your idea, only a little less money. Plus I like the sleek look of the one piece back rest. (We pretty much travel with only the two of us and Pepper, our King Charles.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #2993

Also: nice to use those two half cushions as extra back rest while dining inside. The seats are quite deep....
Old 09-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #2994

Trailer: "The Noble Nest" 2016 Escape 21
And so it begins...

Just wanted to post our first pics from ETI of the trailer underway in production. I found pics like these very helpful when we first decided on an Escape. Details of construction and layout can be seen showing the quality and craftsmanship.
The item on the floor in two pieces is the shower/washroom. Very cool...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04592.jpg   DSC04593.jpg   DSC04594.jpg  
kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #2995

The Noble Nest's empty shell! Isn't it exciting these first pictures? And now only a few weeks left till she is done. Looking forward to see her progress! (Don't forget to post!!)
Old 09-08-2016, 08:12 PM   #2996

It's Friday....almost!

Here are the latest. For those who have toured ETI you will recognize the production line as it currently exists. Really cool to see a parade of trailers in various states of completion. They all look so good!

We now have some cabinetry inside and some wiring started it appears. Solar panel on the roof. It's coming together.

K
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04686.jpg   DSC04687.jpg   DSC04688.jpg  
Old 09-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #2997

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Fantastic Kendo! Love The Classic Photos!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #2998

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Round table

Quote:
32". One inch over on each site. Can not use it for the bed, but easy to make your own and store underneath the mattress.
Hi Marry...if you don't mind me asking....how much extra did ETI charge you for going with the 32" round table instead of the stock one which would make into a bed?

I love the look of your round table and am debating whether I should request that on my build sheet and have two filler boards made to make the bed instead.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #2999

Latest Pics on our 21' build!

These pics rolled in this aft. from ETI. Lots more progress since last week. Some appliances installed. Countertop for the kitchen area done. We pick up in 23 more sleeps but whose counting!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Sept14_2016_1.jpg   Sept14_2016_2.jpg   Sept14_2016_3.jpg   Sept14_2016_4.jpg   Sept14_2016_5.jpg  

Old 09-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post
Hi Marry...if you don't mind me asking....how much extra did ETI charge you for going with the 32" round table instead of the stock one which would make into a bed?

I love the look of your round table and am debating whether I should request that on my build sheet and have two filler boards made to make the bed instead.
I'm not Marry, but I can answer that for her as I had the same question. Nothing extra! She had the round table made instead of the standard size table.

And yeah, I really like that look as well.