It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #361

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
How exciting! I'm happy for all of you and thanks again for sharing.
I have perimeter exterior lights on a switch, but didn't have the foresight to ask for the fixture version that had an on/off switch at the bottom. I'm going to change out the ones on the driver's side so I can turn them off if I bother a neighbor. That way I can still have safety lighting but not annoy a neighbor.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #362

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
That is very thoughtful as I am one of those who find exterior RV lights left on at night somewhat annoying.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #363
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
When you say exterior lights, are you referring to the porch type lights on all sides?

I ask, because I saw a couple trailers at the Escape Rally that had their running lights on, which to me seems really strange, as I don't understand the purpose, as they are meant for travel. Maybe in case you get lost?

BTW, your trailer is sure looking fine, Donna. After touring Reace and Alf's at the rally, I do have a tinge of jealousy, though truth be told, our 19 really is working great for us, for now.
Yep, four porch style lights on the exterior. On the 5er, three are standard. I just added the LED porch light at the rear.

Folks jumping the umbilical with a fuse seems to be popular for lighting up running/brake lights at night. Maybe it's a West Coast thing

19 days and I can now count down on my fingers and toes!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #364

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I have to give a huge thank you to Donna for starting this thread. It's not only thoughtful, but very helpful. I was also wondering, is this the longest thread here?

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #365

Trailer: 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burloak View Post
Yup I have a 19 also and have the plumbing vents on either side.. Maybe the vents have changed colour and shape.. But I don't see anything that big, round, black on my unit from that angle unless I haven't been spending enough time on the business side of the trailer ;-)
2012 trailer probably has the opening bathroom ceiling vent with white shield. Bathroom in today's trailers have an opening ceiling vent with an electric fan and a round black shield.
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #366
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
I have to give a huge thank you to Donna for starting this thread. It's not only thoughtful, but very helpful. I was also wondering, is this the longest thread here?
How nice of you. I just thought it would be great way to keep build pictures together. I understand why folks would want to start a thread about their own trailer though.

I've probably posted a gazillion times in this thread alone, no wonder it's soo long
Old 06-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #367

Trailer: 19 picked up March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Don, this is the sink: Franke USA FrankeUSA 20-Gauge Single-Basin Drop-in or Undermount Stainless Steel Bar Sink

and yes I deleted the table mounts. Getting two stooge tables. This is a lounge area for me.
Hi, Donna,
Did you furnish the sink for ETI or did they get it for you?
Thanks,
Sandi
Snadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #368
Site Team

Sandi, I bought the sink at Lowes and took it and the faucet to them in April.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #369

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 "Flight Risk"
These pictures always make me so excited! We're still in the early stages of the build sheet for our 19', but I appreciate everyone who posts updates and specifics on options and changes! So helpful for those of us still in the process of figuring it all out - thanks!
JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #370

Trailer: 19 picked up March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sandi, I bought the sink at Lowes and took it and the faucet to them in April.
Thanks for the info, Donna. I will put that on my list of things to consider :-)
Snadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #371
Site Team

The standard bar sink is adequate. Remember, in the future you can ALWAYS go bigger, but you can't go smaller (without major mods). Live with the one you have FIRST.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #372

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Donna D... I guess I must be suffering from "Post Hatching Blues". Most of the egg citement has turned to traveling back home. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #373

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
When you say exterior lights, are you referring to the porch type lights on all sides?

I ask, because I saw a couple trailers at the Escape Rally that had their running lights on, which to me seems really strange, as I don't understand the purpose, as they are meant for travel. Maybe in case you get lost?
Hi Jim where I learned to drive on the east coast 44 years ago they were referred to as "park lights" others call them clearance lights

Anyway I use mine all the time in that mode if I'm driving long hauls and grabbing some shut eye tucked in amongst the big rigs at truck stops, rest areas.. some of those hard working professional drivers can be a little sleepy when they swing in for their nap.. I sleep a little easier knowing I've got bright red LED's shining back at them and letting them know there is something occupying their intended parking position
Old 06-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #374

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burloak View Post
Hi Jim where I learned to drive on the east coast 44 years ago they were referred to as "park lights" others call them clearance lights

Anyway I use mine all the time in that mode if I'm driving long hauls and grabbing some shut eye tucked in amongst the big rigs at truck stops, rest areas.. some of those hard working professional drivers can be a little sleepy when they swing in for their nap.. I sleep a little easier knowing I've got bright red LED's shining back at them and letting them know there is something occupying their intended parking position
Stick on reflectors on the bumper may help and save you some battery juice. Not sure what the draw is on the battery with all the clearance lights activated, will have to check that. Meanwhile add some reflectors.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Stick on reflectors on the bumper may help and save you some battery juice. Not sure what the draw is on the battery with all the clearance lights activated, will have to check that. Meanwhile add some reflectors.
All LED running lights Jim. There's is no problem with a juice shortage. The ETI running/clearance/park lights are already DOT approved passive reflectors.. When your deep in the truck lanes in an active poorly lit Pilot/TA/Husky truck stop you need your lights on and your ear plugs in
Old 06-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #376

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I agree that park lights on in a truck stop is a good idea, made practical by the low power draw of LED lamps. The wiring standard for commercial trucks puts these lamps on a separate circuit from the tail lamps, for situations like this (because the tail lamps are not needed for this purpose). On the other hand, keeping them on in an RV park is unnecessary, and in a natural-environment campsite is an unwelcome annoyance to others.

Some RVs (including my non-Escape 5th wheel trailer) have relatively bright "scare lamps" which light up the general area, at least on the door side of the trailer. I have little use for these, and find others who leave them on in campsites to be obnoxious.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #377

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
you find the people obnoxious or the lights obnoxious?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
you find the people obnoxious or the lights obnoxious?
Nothing worse then being in a serene no hook area of a national park on a starry starry night and a gaggle of nervous visitors are running exterior lighting of any kind all night.. Should be the same as the generator rule.. Quiet and dark when the generators have to go off.. Campfires ok till later I think most places have a time for those to be out also.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #379

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Aw, c'mon, admit it. It's not as much the security that ya like to have the running lights on as much as you are proud of and love to show off your really cool Escape trailer. : 8)

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
Aw, c'mon, admit it. It's not as much the security that ya like to have the running lights on as much as you are proud of and love to show off your really cool Escape trailer. : 8)
Hmm.. All fine in the serviced, wash roomed, street lit area of the campground.. NOT appreciated at all by this particular camper in the unlit, unserviced, outback areas.

Maybe it's just me but I actually prefer a NO light pollution view of the heavens, northern lights, fleeting meteor showers vs the best night view of a poorly lit travel trailer.