It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 70 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #1381

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
Gotta love a 19. (in my unbiased opinion )
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nah, if you love your 19', you will adore your 21'.............
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... Nah!!! Gotta love a 5.0TA.
Hi: oldclimber... I do like your new 19 though!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie(soon)
You gotta love what works best for you, and your camping style. For us it is definitely the 19 over the 21, because of the layout, and how we prefer to use our trailer. If they did the layout the same in the 21, as in the 19, but just had more room, I might be swayed. That 5.0TA of Alf's though, I could come to love as well. BUT, and a big but, our 19 does do everything we need it to.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #1382

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
You are so right, Jim, about loving what works best for you!

What draws me to the 21 (instead of the 19) is the dinette in the back of the trailer. In fact, when Reace announced the 19, several of us tried to convince him to put the dinette in the back, with the bed up front. It wasn't doable (of course) because of the position of the wheel wells and necessary placement of the bath, etc. So the reversed layout of the 21 fills that bill...

I just hope the double bed in the 21 is big enough for us! I do expect it will be because we sleep well in our Casita, but the bed in the 19 is wider, and that is admittedly a plus.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:52 AM   #1383

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I remember well all the ideas flying around at the time Reace was planning the 19. For us, the bed tucked right out of the way suited our style best, and we eat outside 95% of the time.

For me, the bed in the 21 would be more than big enough, though not sure my wife would agree on that. Heck, our last 24' stickie had a 48" wide bed, which was a pull out couch, and we did fine. At home, we have a king, and my side is still less that 24" wide. Our goodnight kiss is often a big excursion to meet in the middle.

The best of both scenarios is what draws me to the 5.0TA, in the the bed is out of the way, and the dinette is in the rear. However, this means one MUST have a pickup to tow it with, and for me that is just another vehicle that I don't want, or need, right now.

I just gotta keep reminding myself, our 19 works great for us...(this note is intended to insure I think realistically, other may please disregard)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #1384

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You gotta love what works best for you, and your camping style. For us it is definitely the 19 over the 21, because of the layout, and how we prefer to use our trailer. If they did the layout the same in the 21, as in the 19, but just had more room, I might be swayed. That 5.0TA of Alf's though, I could come to love as well. BUT, and a big but, our 19 does do everything we need it to.
Well said. I agree.

... now let's all go campin! It's springtime and the wanderlust is growin.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #1385

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
May 12th, wow that's coming close, we're the 15th.

Cheers
Doug
Oh, yes indeed, it is! Sorry we will miss meeting you, but if allowed, will try to pay our respects to your new Escape. They are are all amazing trailers.

Yeah, the 19 was our first exposure to Escape trailers and our love-at-first-sight! But the 21's and 5.0's are incredible, too, and compared to our smaller Casita--massive! I do look forward to seeing the smaller 15 and 17's at Osoyoos and have read about their greatness, as well

Escape's are adored for what they bring to us and where they lead us. Happy camping and safe travels Peace~
Gae
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #1386

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclimber View Post
Oh, yes indeed, it is! Sorry we will miss meeting you, but if allowed, will try to pay our respects to your new Escape. They are are all amazing trailers.

Yeah, the 19 was our first exposure to Escape trailers and our love-at-first-sight! But the 21's and 5.0's are incredible, too, and compared to our smaller Casita--massive! I do look forward to seeing the smaller 15 and 17's at Osoyoos and have read about their greatness, as well

Escape's are adored for what they bring to us and where they lead us. Happy camping and safe travels Peace~
Gae
We look forward to meeting you at the rally. Will you be camping around the area waiting for the rally to start.

Cheers
Doug
Old 04-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
We look forward to meeting you at the rally. Will you be camping around the area waiting for the rally to start.

Cheers
Doug
Thanks Doug and Eileen--
We look forward to meeting you, as well. Yes, we're going to hang around Bay View and Deception Pass for a week and 1/2, awaiting the arrival of friends and enjoying the area. Not straying too far from ETI, initially Then heading through the Cascades on our way to Osoyoos. Exciting times!

All the best to you and your new treasure! Peace~
Gae and Ike
Old 04-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #1388

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
Our Friday pictures have arrived!!!!! Thanks so much to Haley and Crystal for getting them to us!!! Picture number 2 shows the deletion of the sink in the bathroom and we raised the shelf in the large cabinet 2 inches. We did that to accommodate large appliances or other items that may not fit in a smaller space. Thanks Donna for the suggestion!! Picture number 3 shows the upgraded stove vent that we purchased and gave to Reace. Also, just barely visible above the door is our 4G antenna. Orientation is 19 days, 20 hours, and 46 minutes, but who's counting?!?!!!
Attached Thumbnails
040.JPG   041.JPG   042.JPG  
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #1389

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
I agree about deletion of the sink. In an already too small (in most models) bathroom, why have the sink taking up so much room?

Very fun seeing your build ... thank you

Tom
Old 04-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #1390

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-twnbob View Post
Our Friday pictures have arrived!!!!! Thanks so much to Haley and Crystal for getting them to us!!! Picture number 2 shows the deletion of the sink in the bathroom and we raised the shelf in the large cabinet 2 inches. We did that to accommodate large appliances or other items that may not fit in a smaller space. Thanks Donna for the suggestion!! Picture number 3 shows the upgraded stove vent that we purchased and gave to Reace. Also, just barely visible above the door is our 4G antenna. Orientation is 19 days, 20 hours, and 46 minutes, but who's counting?!?!!!
You're at the fun part now!

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #1391

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
I agree about deletion of the sink. In an already too small (in most models) bathroom, why have the sink taking up so much room?...
There is a good reason for washing your hands after using the toilet and prior to leaving the room. If you rely on the kitchen sink for that, you end up with #$%& all over the bathroom door handle and in the kitchen area. I would rather live with tight quarters in the bath but be able to wash my hands before leaving.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #1392

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I find the sink a handy place to keep a container of Wet Ones.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #1393

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
There is a good reason for washing your hands after using the toilet and prior to leaving the room. If you rely on the kitchen sink for that, you end up with #$%& all over the bathroom door handle and in the kitchen area. I would rather live with tight quarters in the bath but be able to wash my hands before leaving.
YUP! And that's the Truth !
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #1394

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Ditto on that. One of the things that I didn't like in my Scamp 13 was the lack of a bathroom sink. I was so happy to get one in the 19. Well, to each their own.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #1395

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-twnbob View Post
Gettin' down to the wire and looking good! We are excited for y'all and wish you many happy moments with your new baby I believe if you put your minds to it, you could probably host quite an event in your Escape. The days, hours and minutes are FLYING by and before you know it, orientation time will be over and you'll be on the road for a new adventure! May you have many happy times ahead!
Peace~
Gae and Ike
Old 04-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #1396

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Looks great.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #1397

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Awesome pictures! Excited for you.
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #1398

The stove vent is made by JR products. As far as the sink deletion, it's our build and we like it. We are concerned about germs like everyone else and will keep hand sanitizer in the bathroom at times. Problem solved and we have more room. Your mileage may vary.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #1399

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Without a sink, you have no place to store the hand sanitizer, shampoo, body wash...
I had one of those suction cup bins, but it keeps falling on the floor, and the sink doesn't.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #1400

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Without a sink, you have no place to store the hand sanitizer, shampoo, body wash...
I had one of those suction cup bins, but it keeps falling on the floor, and the sink doesn't.
We had 2 different suction cup caddies and 1 mirror in the bathroom of our Casita and for over 3 full seasons and over 10,000 miles, not once did they fall on the floor. And yes, they even contained hand sanitizer. We are not concerned.