Labor Day (attempt) Camping - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Very scary. Had to worry about yourselves as well as the trailer. That is one of the big problems --- trying to get around construction without knowing where the heck to go. In such a case, I might even want to drop the trailer and go for help. We do have a 4x4 and I definitely wanted that whether we went off-road or not. Does not always work but it might.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Thinking another good lesson learned is, always keep a sturdy tow line in the vehicle, useful for those rare afternoons when a kindly grader isn't handy but a kindly 4x4 driver is.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Amen Myron. Be prepared. Just went back to 2WD and won't forget our escape from Angel Valley, AZ. Red rock road 8% grade at beginning of climb back out for just a 1/4 of a city block, but that can be the difference. Next time, am just gonna call AAA- that's what we pay the dues for.
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:15 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
4WD manual and all wheel drive is great. Don't use it most of the time, but when you do, it's there when ya need it.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Dave - Bob and Del certainly loved their camper and I'm sure they're thrilled to have found someone that appreciates it as much as they did. Congratulations and Happy Camping!!
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Love that photo Myron. Do you know where it was taken?
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Yes, behind his cabin, somewhere west of Roscoe, Montana, property owned by a guy I knew back in the day, across majestic rolling grass hills leading to the Custer National Forest and its mountains. It was a visit from another trailer life.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
4WD manual and all wheel drive is great. Don't use it most of the time, but when you do, it's there when ya need it.
When loading my work truck and wondering if I will need a certain tool or not I always say, better to have and not need than need and not have. I ordered 4 WD with the thought of an overnight rain and a very greasy campsite the next morning. 4WD is expensive but with the demand for it you will have a quick sale if you decide to trade or sell your truck. I always look at resale when making a major purchase and will be ordering some options on the new trailer that we probably won't use. But it will be there for the next owners. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
When loading my work truck and wondering if I will need a certain tool or not I always say, better to have and not need than need and not have. I ordered 4 WD with the thought of an overnight rain and a very greasy campsite the next morning. 4WD is expensive but with the demand for it you will have a quick sale if you decide to trade or sell your truck. I always look at resale when making a major purchase and will be ordering some options on the new trailer that we probably won't use. But it will be there for the next owners. Loren
With the added capability that 4WD gives ya, and the added resale, it's an easy decision to make. Finding the right one may take some time and cost a bit more, but in my book, it's worth it.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
With the added capability that 4WD gives ya, and the added resale, it's an easy decision to make. Finding the right one may take some time and cost a bit more, but in my book, it's worth it.
Not always an easy decision. Gas mileage suffers. You get higher resale, but it costs more up front. To each his own.