New 2017 17' Trailer - interior and exterior photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 09:28 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
New 2017 17' Trailer - interior and exterior photos

Okay, let's see how long it takes me to upload the 62 photos I have of the new 17 footer - version B (with bathroom). and hopefully all of the photos will load up with the correct orientation so Donna and/or Jim won't have to fix 'em. Fingers crossed1

Following are photos I took of the new 2017 style 17' trailer at the factory on Friday, May 20, 2016. It turns out Sarah (from the office) will be taking this trailer to the rally next weekend and camping out in it. So, for those of you at the rally, it'll probably be fun to see how it looks in these photos and then see what sort of personal touches she put on it with the stuff she's bringing with her.

Enjoy the photos!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
1. The brand new trailer looks so nice out in the sunshine of the day. I didn't open the storage box in the front. Kind of tricky to do while dragging along a big purse (not so big in looks, but wadded full of stuff, as usual) and my digital camera. yeah, that's my excuse. But I did think about it - does that count?

2. Storage box, cover over propane tanks and hand crank jack. And the bright green tag stating "NEW 17". I would guess that helped the guys during production. And anybody walking by that didn't know what was what. Or looking at these photos.

3. Rock shield flipped up.

4. Looks like someone took the screen door off a bit so everyone can see how that looks. Wonder who did that? I won't say if you won't!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04119.jpg   DSC04120.jpg   DSC04121.jpg   DSC04123.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #3

1. Side view so you can see the window that's open and the straighter outside walls. And way in the background are the folks that were outfitting their new, fresh off orientation 19 footer that was recently sold by the factory via this forum. Super excited folks!

2. Here's a view of the outside of the door. I think you figured that out, though. But just in case, hey, you never know.

3. Close up shot of the door latching stuff. Make sure you know which way the red lever is supposed to go for locking and unlocking. I might have to add a label for that since it doesn't have one and I know I'll get confused about it. Not like I would ever lock myself inside and start to panic about it. Nope, never. (Oh wait, did I already mention that in my other post about the factory visit. Dang it, I did!)

4. Showing the new frameless, thermal, awning style windows. and the spiffy red graphics! Can't miss 'em, unless you're color blind and then I don't know what color they'll show up as.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04122.jpg   DSC04124.jpg   DSC04125.jpg   DSC04127.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #4

1. Another side view. You can see the battery, the fire extinguisher and the remote for the Maxx fan (I'm assuming) - it's mounted on the wall of the cabinet, just inside the door. More of those spiffy, eye-catching red graphics. Gee, you think that's why they're using the red? I dunno.

2. The new electric awning. I did not get to see it retracted, nor did I ask or try as there was so much going on around the place. But, as I was driving away, I could see that Tammy pulled it out for a customer. Dang it, I just missed seeing it. But I didn't want to go back and take the photo with them in it. Next time, maybe. I do not know that white tabbie thingie is hanging off the end of it.

3. The back end. The single battery. The naked spare tire. The rear, split windows (which I think are pretty nifty).

4. And you thought there was only battery! How wrong you were. Yep, there's one on each side of the spare tire. I don't know what that white thingie is sticking out under the red light. But I'm sure someone knows. Also, you can see the black tube that holds the sewer hose. Nifty idea, that.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04128.jpg   DSC04129.jpg   DSC04130.jpg   DSC04131.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #5

1. Water and power cord plug in stuff. I don't know what the other cap is for to the left of the water inlet (which doesn't have the cap on). Hoping someone on here will tell me (and us if I'm not the only one that doesn't know). Is that the frig exhaust outlet next to them? Again, I don't know, but will be educated by someone here.

2 & 3. Side views of the trailer. Don't know why I took both, but maybe you'll see something different in 'em. Right now I'm looking at them flipped sideways on my viewer as that's the only way to get them the right orientation on the forum. So, it's a bit tricky for me to see what all is going on. Boy, the things I do for you folks.

4. Okay, another outside shot. Not much different from the other, than the door isn't attached to the trailer. I'm not sure if I did that - too long ago to remember.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04132.jpg   DSC04133.jpg   DSC04134.jpg   DSC04135.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #6

1. View looking inside. Boy, for the vertically challenged (aka short) folks, that light switch way up there might be a problem. You'll have to ask if it can be put down lower. At 5'10" I could reach it. I was very surprised at how high it is. It is the first one they did, so maybe it'll be down lower in future models.

2. The wardrobe cabinet as you come in (you can see that remote a bit better now), plus a nice, lovely view of the new curved cabinet support. Plus, a view of one of the new owners of that 19 footer I mentioned earlier. Their friends wanted to view the trailers. Maybe they'll be ordering one in the future. I offered to hitch one of the trailers up for them, but I think an employee would have noticed. Ya think?

You can see the electrical outlet under the dinette cushion. Sorry, didn't lift these up either to take photos of the area inside. Never even thought of it. Dang!

3. And a view of the other new owner. However, I really took the photo so you could see the hinges on the door. He kind of slipped in and I didn't notice it right away.

4. I took this to show you one of the employees. No, I didn't, silly you. It's to show you the frameless window cranked open. But you figured that out already, right? Right!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04136.jpg   DSC04137.jpg   DSC04138.jpg   DSC04139.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 10:09 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
large panel - water heater access
capped fitting - fresh water tank fill access
uncapped fitting - hose fitting for city water
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #8

1. View of the non-frameless, non-thermal front window that has a rock guard. Just ignore the employee outside doing whatever to the other new 19 footer (2017 style) they had on the lot. Note the lovely shelf over the table area. And the switch up there - heck if I know what that's for. Without any power it's hard to tell.

2. Side window, curb side.

3. The dinette table moved to one side so I could get in and out easily. It moved real easily, so that was nice.

4. Yep, it moves! Now it's on the other side without any effort on my part. Note the outside worker is now gone. Probably inside the trailer now.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04140.jpg   DSC04141.jpg   DSC04142.jpg   DSC04143.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
large panel - water heater access
capped fitting - fresh water tank fill access
uncapped fitting - hose fitting for city water
So, what's the difference between the two water fittings? I thought it all went into one tank, the fresh water. Confused here. Which doesn't take much some days. thanks
Old 05-21-2016, 10:23 PM   #10

1. Sitting at the front dinette, looking across the trailer to the back dinette (which was not made into a bed) and areas in between. Another view of that very high up light switch. I still find that quite odd.

2. Yep, I pulled those blinds down so folks could see what they look like. Yep, you're gonna get sunlight coming through those little holes. And yeah, I know some of you (like Jim Bennett) will say "what, you're still in bed when the sun has risen - get up!" sort of comment. Um, yeah, I prefer the night sky over the sunrise.

3. Overhead cabinet.

4. Bathroom..Note there is NOT the molded in medicine cabinet. I didn't get a chance to ask why not, but I would assume they didn't have it time for when this trailer needed to keep moving along the assembly line. I'm assuming later models will have it since it's listed as a standard feature. If you want to see what it looks like, please read the thread on the new 19 footer that I posted earlier today. Could not tell you what post number though.

As the 17B was the first new style I viewed from the inside, I was quite bummed not to see that cabinet, so I was quite thrilled to see it in the 19.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04145.jpg   DSC04146.jpg   DSC04148.jpg   DSC04149.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 10:24 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
So, what's the difference between the two water fittings? I thought it all went into one tank, the fresh water. Confused here. Which doesn't take much some days. thanks
One is threaded to accept a hose fitting from the "city" water source and would be pressurized. The other is just an access hole to dump water in from a hose or water jug or whatever.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #12

1. Bathroom sink and the all important covered TP holder!

2. Bathroom door. Note how it's a bit shorter than the frame. This will allow some air circulation. CPAHarley, I suspect the 19 footer was the same way and I just didn't get it in any of my photos. and you can take that comment to the bank and cash it in for whatever you want.

3. Part of the kitchen area. Note the raised area to the back dinette. I measured it with my finger - very accurate, but later I measured that bit of finger and it's appx 3". I also know that cuz it was posted by someone else.

I was quite pleased to find that I did not trip over it or stumble over it going down from the dinette area. We'll see how that comment holds up once we get our new trailer and I'm racing to the cat box to clean it out as Spike just left a stinky one. Um, yeah.

4. Here's a better, longer view of that raised area. The table doesn't slide from side to side, so it was a bit tricky getting my big butt in there. Fortunately I won't have that problem in our trailer - the table isn't getting installed!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04150.jpg   DSC04151.jpg   DSC04152.jpg   DSC04153.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 10:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
One is threaded to accept a hose fitting from the "city" water source and would be pressurized. The other is just an access hole to dump water in from a hose or water jug or whatever.
Gotcha, thanks for that clarification. When I had the motorhome rental last year I only used the city water hook ups.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:42 PM   #14

1. Another general view, looking towards the back of the trailer. Note the mirrored door on the left.

2. Did you note it? Cuz now it's open and you can see inside it. It's too fuzzy, but the sticker above the outlet says it's only for microwave use. Dirk says they probably ran a lower voltage outlet there as the microwave doesn't use as much as other stuff. Least I think that's what he said, but I can't ask as he's gone to bed. He's not a night owl like I am.

3. Inside of the door of the frig. Those white finger thingies are there to catch your hand on as you're trying to put stuff in there and so you can teach your cat new swear words once that happens.

Or, they're there to keep your stuff in place while bouncing down the road. Take your pick. I know which one I'll pick (the potty mouth that I am).

4. The all important view of the inside of the frig. Also note the clear, plastic cover over the frig controls. Kind of neat they did that.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04154.jpg   DSC04155.jpg   DSC04156.jpg   DSC04157.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #15

1. A much better view of the controls, with the protective cover flipped up. I know some concern had been expressed about hitting the controls as you walk by and this will solve that problem. Too bad the style in the 19 footer didn't have this cover. But, it is a wider trailer, so maybe that won't be a concern.

(We won't mention a pair of big butts crossing paths, will we? Not that I know anything about that!)

2. Now this is a very interesting shot and I wish I knew for sure what was going on. Dirk speculated that wood cover is over where the awning is attached, but heck if I know. This is inside the cabinet. Maybe it's from something that was there already, but since I've never really looked at the 17B with any great attention to detail, I could not tell ya. But someone with one probably could and hopefully will!

Oh yeah, note the rottie in the background in his pen. He barked at every single thing going on outside. I know, he's a guard dog, but you'd think he'd be used to the forklift zipping around by now.

3. Rottie on full alert!

Oh wait, I think I'm showing the opened window here. But, yeah that dog has jumped up and is looking at something. His next snack, maybe?

4. Photo of the rear dinette table and the area it hooks on to. Plus, the split windows. And the new 19 footer that will be hauled out of there soon (way in the background). And the back end of my FJ! (That's the best part of this photo!)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04158.jpg   DSC04159.jpg   DSC04160.jpg   DSC04161.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #16

1. One of the rear windows opened. Heck if I know how that happened? Very nice airflow of the cooler air outside came in once windows were opened up.

2. A better shot of the table hinge thingies. Yep, multiple thingies in this photo!

3. And now both rear windows are open! Gremlins at work.

4. Safety escape window. I did not open that window you'll note.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04162.jpg   DSC04163.jpg   DSC04164.jpg   DSC04165.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

4. Safety escape window. I did not open that window you'll note.

Come on now, that's a rite of passage that one!

edit: ooops, meant removing screen, not opening window.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:11 PM   #18

1. Cabinet over the back of the rear dinette. Note the smooth application of the vinyl up there.

Also note I'm not including measurements of anything, other than the lip on the floor. Measuring stuff was not part of my remit for going up there. A nice, huge amount in a Good Fund Me would be needed for that to be added to my remit. I'm just saying.

2. Cabinet on the street side. The white thingie you see in there is actually a small flip up counter/table. Heck if I know why it was in there. To whop intruders over the head that get past the guard rottie? I dunno. Obviously I'm just guessing here.

3. And the small kitchen counter. It would be tricky preparing a 5 course meal here. I guess that's why many of you use an outside grill and table, you think? Anyway, note the stove top is turned to a different orientation than on the 19 footer I posted about earlier today. I do not know if this is the standard orientation due to how small (length and width challenged to be properly PC-ish, I guess) this area is. Someone with far more knowledge of this size trailer can answer that. I just found it nice to see both orientations in the same day.

4. Darn those gremlins. They flipped up this side table, but at least you folks can see what it looks like flipped up. More counter space for that 5 course meal you're gonna fix.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04166.jpg   DSC04167.jpg   DSC04168.jpg   DSC04169.jpg  
Old 05-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
I removed my screen permanently as there are plenty of other windows to open for ventilation. It is amazing how much light those screens cut out.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Come on now, that's a rite of passage that one!

Well, yeah, but there was also the issue of the screen that was very loosely attached (and I mean loosely!) and the issue of said screen coming off in my hand. And said screen not going back on very easily. So, yeah, I avoided that window. Plus, I know that latch is a bugger to use and I didn't feel like breaking a nail. Yeah, that's it.

but I guess I passed that rite of passage by removing the screen that I think the previous passage person didn't put back in properly.