New 2017 19' Trailer - interior and exterior photos - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #61

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Is the bath door smaller than the opening, i.e. is there any space to allow air inside the bath area?
Ack, could not answer that. I have a photo showing the bottom of the door, but not the top. And I don't remember off the top of my head, sorry.

Jeez, you'd think I would have covered that between all the photos I took! I knew there'd be something I would miss.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #62

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
I also notice the end cabinets are angled at the door end for extra support, the old style went straight across, now they slope down.
I thought it looked very nice and gave it a bit of an elegant look.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #63
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Laura, these pictures and commentary have been fabulous. Thank you so very much for taking the time for all of us! Kudos to you kid!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #64

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
The old style had this raised floor under the bed, that is where the fresh tank is located.
Even in the 19'? Then only the 21' and 5.0TA had no step and are affected by the change.

The freshwater tank is there regardless of whether the floor steps up (smaller models) or not (21' and 5.0TA).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #65

Quote:
I assume the switch show in the pictures #38 turns the outside lights on or the interior ceiling lights?
I would assume so, but since there wasn't any power I couldn't flip it on and off. Which I would have done if I could have.

I would suspect the outside light as we're having an extra switch added for the inside lights on our trailer.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
this is THE last photo I took of the 19.
I didn't even notice when I was uploading the last photo, you can see some of the construction for their new building. And wads more trailers lined up on the back fence.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Laura, these pictures and commentary have been fabulous. Thank you so very much for taking the time for all of us! Kudos to you kid!
You're welcome. glad you enjoyed them. and now you won't have to flip the photos for me since I figured out a way around the stupid Windows 10 problem. Yay!

I'll probably do the 17B tomorrow as my right wrist is really sore from all the moving around of the trackball and typing of my very short (HA!) commentary.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #68

Trailer: 2021 Pleasure Way OnTour 2.0
Laura,
Thanks so much for the pictures and the great commentary.
Maureen
Mob2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #69

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Thank you so much Laura! That was a lot of work and it is greatly appreciated!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #70

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thank you Laura. Will look forward to the 17b posts. This was a lot of work for you but so beneficial to so many of us waiting..........
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #71

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
I applaud the time and effort in taking these photos to share.
I bow down to the narration and humor, which I truly enjoyed.
You crack me up!
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
I applaud the time and effort in taking these photos to share.
I bow down to the narration and humor, which I truly enjoyed.
You crack me up!
You're welcome - to everyone!

And this comment just made my day, week, heck the month! I'm so used to people putting down my sense of humor over the years that it's so nice to hear someone compliment me on it. Can I print this out and frame it?
Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #73

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
It's been fun to look through the photos and I love your sense of humor Laura...
Old 05-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #74

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2012
Thank you, Laura! There are a lot of us out here who appreciate the time and effort it took to post these great photos. Looks to me like ETI has made some good changes.
Eric
Old 05-22-2016, 06:44 AM   #75

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
You're welcome - to everyone!

And this comment just made my day, week, heck the month! I'm so used to people putting down my sense of humor over the years that it's so nice to hear someone compliment me on it. Can I print this out and frame it?
Laura has turned into a regular "Mata Hari" in her reporting of the going ons at ETI and keeping us posted with these special updates, thanks again, it is really appreciated.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #76

Quote:
Laura has turned into a regular "Mata Hari" in her reporting of the going ons at ETI and keeping us posted with these special updates, thanks again, it is really appreciated.
Well, I dunno about that. A real Mata Hari would have been able to talk her way onto the production floor to take even more photos, especially of any 2017 models in production. Alas, I'm not that good.

And you're welcome. Once the 21 is done, be prepared for LOTS of photos of that one. I (or Dirk!) might even crawl around on the ground to get photos of the underside and figure out how to see the roof. I wasn't able to figure that out yesterday. Although I could bring a small step stool with me! Hum .....
Old 05-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #77

Trailer: pondering.....
DSC04250 under bed...only vertical bed support structure on one side?
Door cutout appears to be a bit too far on right side as door does not appear to open perpendicular despite the handle..not a big deal unless you do not account for the width properly when doing under bed slide out drawers.

also wondering how if any the bathroom cabinet indent impacted the ability to strengthen that wall so you can screw/bolt stuff on the opposite side (like a tv mount).

these little things like the bathroom cabinet height/vent issue will probably be fine tuned on future production.

just an opinion but it appears the new awning design did impact the interior ceiling side cabinets space to a significant degree, what we supposedly gain at the bottom near the floor was not shown. It does appear however as if the ceiling cabinet end side supports by the door improved some with the angled part change that may take advantage of the vertical 2x4 (?) supports embedded on either side of the door..

was curious why the 17 pics showed a white window frame on the inside and everything else is black including those on the 19....sure seems like white would look better in these trailers against the interior white vinyl walls....some other trailer mfgs seem to offer white frames....perhaps they cost more?

the pics are great and thanks for taking the time to take them...as production starts on these looking forward to the possibility of 2017 model build photos revealing more construction techniques and confirm decision to purchase one of these critters.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #78

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Front windows are white
Old 05-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
was curious why the 17 pics showed a white window frame on the inside and everything else is black including those on the 19....sure seems like white would look better in these trailers against the interior white vinyl walls....some other trailer mfgs seem to offer white frames....perhaps they cost more?
If this is referring to the front window...
This one window - and only this one - is a white-framed single-pane (or "non-thermal") specialized unit with a hinged rock guard, on every model with a front window, in both the existing (up to 2016) and new "2017" spec. I don't know if it is only available in white, or if white is chosen to look better with the solid white rock guard panel.

The interior wall covering isn't really white, and I'm not sure that the "white" (there are many shades which are approximately white) would look better than black. On the outside, white frames would not quite match the white shell and while this is commonly done, the contrast of black frames is a more popular choice.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I like the medicine cabinet. I wonder if it will be possible to retro fit one in a ETI classic build? Shoot, I'm good with a glue gun!
The wall appears to bump forward (you can see the step just below the cabinet, across the whole width of the wall) to provide depth between the wall surface and the wall behind it for the cabinet. You could construct a box large enough for the cabinet's 14"x18" cutout and deep enough for the cabinet, and mount it on the surface of the wall... but it would need to be of suitable materials and tied into sufficient structure. It would be easier to just use the surface-mounted version, leaving only the mounting strength issue.