The Last 5.0 is being built. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2014, 05:04 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
With the current 5.0 and the new 5.0 drawing it's great to see that such great improvements are being made in the 5th wheel offerings from ETI. No major plug molds needed. Simple, beneficial improvements in the RV.

Interesting observation Larry, but you missed my point by a kilometer.

Looking forward to owning a 19 and maybe a 5.0 in the future.
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: MarksAlot... I hope by "Mature" you mean grown up!!! Having had the distinct pleasure of owning one of the first few 5.0s and learning to travel after a 13' Boler; we are again looking forward to owning one of the first few 5.0TAs. Knowing reace's investment in this design he has looked at "Both sides now"...more than once, and I have every confidence in his ability to build a superior trailer.
My first reason to buy a 5.0 has always been the ease of hooking it up. Every thing is at eye level. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
almost there.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm not concerned in the least about getting one of the first 5.0TAs built. If you were to compare the very first ETI 5er built to the last, you wouldn't see any significant differences. Yes, appliances change, etc. But, that's not an ETI decision as much as it is the appliance manufacturers.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Perhaps Marksalot was referring to the initial frenzy created when people start selling or trading up to the newer model, that after awhile will calm down, that time being more mature?
In addition I recall Reace did make some interior changes to the 21 as well the 19 after production started, due to using the trailer and finding issues with certain items, so Escape does make interior design changes.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 19' hatch date Feb. 27
Was the wheel wells change on the 19 a mould change? What was the advantage of the change, from one large on each side to four individual.
ADKzookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #26
Site Team

Yes, Reace & Tammy took the very first 21' out on an extended camping trip. It was due to their experience and input from viewers the rear dinette changed. (no more storage behind the cushion... drivers side). Since the new 5er is identical from the door back to the 21, the chance for changes to that part of the interior are now nil. What kind of changes could someone make to the loft when there's nothing up there but two overhead cabinets, some lights and a bed?

What I've thought about, is what does the future hold for Reace & Tammy as owners of ETI? If it were ME, as soon as I became an empty nester... I'd be looking for a buyer of the business and enjoy the fruits of my labor.... I'm glad I'm getting a trailer now.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
The 5.0 had a few minor changes along the way. Escape hatch, cabinets, refrigerators, cubbies, mud flaps, and added options. The 5.0TA has a different axle set and other changes. Tammy and Reace were going to do a shakedown cruise to Texas with the 5.0TA until production delays nixed that. I have all the confidence that they will get it right, let's see.
Dealing with a Mom & Pop company can always be risky and could take on a completely new direction. I too am happy to get what I got before...
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #28

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
That looks so sweet. You are so lucky. Let some major memories begin that will last a lifetime.

I'm so close to buying the demo 5.0, but am custom ordering my 19. Maybe when the 5.0 TAs are mature, I'll trade up. I can always look, admire and derive pleasure from the owner's enjoyment of these 5.0s. Gotta pace myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
MarksAlot, IADR, what are you expecting in the 5.0 TA maturing? Do you have any idea of the cost of designing, manufacturing the plug and then the moulds for a new trailer? Do you think there will be a Version 2 or 3 of plug and moulds? Unless ETI has lost it and one wouldn't think so, based on their track record. Has there been any previous revised moulds for any of the previous line of trailers? Maybe some mods internally, but no "game breakers". Are you expecting that ETI would produce a trailer that would "dog track" down the highway?

Your comments imply that those of us with trailers slated for production should have concerns about ETI's initial product.

Well... I think not!!!

Larry
Take a deep breath Larry and relax. Escape has enough experience building trailers and has released sufficient numbers of new models over the years that you can be assured that if you buy one of the first of the line, you will be getting a great product with great quality. I suspect what Marksalot intended, was that with any new product, and as the number of trailers produced increases, the manufacturer may find better locations to position items, or improved ways to route wiring, or some other change to the design. Doesn't mean they will be reworking the mold or that the previous products were crap, just means that the product is constantly evolving.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
ice-breaker, JFTR... a NEW mould was made for the 5.0 TA. Reace picked up the bottom mould last week and the top this week. So Donna D something should be "cooking" next week.

HAVE A GREAT DAY...

Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #30

Quote:
ice-breaker, JFTR... a NEW mould was made for the 5.0 TA. Reace picked up the bottom mould last week and the top this week. So Donna D something should be "cooking" next week.

HAVE A GREAT DAY...

Larry
Of course there is a new mold for the new 5.0TA, it is a totally different trailer from the previous 5.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 04-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
...So Donna D something should be "cooking" next week.

HAVE A GREAT DAY...

Larry
I know! They're mounting the end pipes so they can get it onto the rotisserie. I'm hoping we see pictures REAL SOON!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 5.0
Thank you all for your positive responses to our trailer. I'm looking forward to see Donna and Larrys' pictures when they start coming.
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Yes. Thank you ice-breaker. Your post is very close to my intended point. I, in no way was, or am implying that ETI's product is in any way inferior, or I wouldn't be buying one sight unseen. I think they make a GREAT line of RVs and I'm soooo stoked that I'm getting one. My point is that there's always room for improvement and the fine tuning and tweaking is always good.

Thank you Larry for being so passionate about the 5.0's that Tammy and Reese have put so much time and effort into making an outstanding product. The quality shows in every detail and those that own them are some of the happiest campers around. I too may be one of those someday soon.

One of the most entertaining parts about being involved in forums is that opinions that all of us have. I don't take offense to what another person's opinion is. That's what makes getting together and posting entertaining and beneficial. It's out there for what it's worth and I enjoy expressing my opinion. There's some excellent information here and we're all helping each other.

We're all happy campers.
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Whoa... I can see that my earlier post got a bit of a reaction. It wasn't compassion or some need to vent as ice-breaker implies, but instead and if I may borrow a line from the Godfather movie, "strictly business".

As most know, a good number of "first timers" seek advice from these posts that, in some cases, may affect their buying decisions. Intentional or not MarksAlot, your "mature" comment was misleading. ETI has invested a small fortune in the new product and for a user forum to imply that a "shake out" period is required before purchase would be doing ETI a disfavour. After all, a product "Made in Canada" with a great number of US parts... can it get any better than that? I think not!!!

Glad to see that there was a strong response supporting the product that all love!!!

Special note to ice-breaker... you seem cranky? I realize that you are coming out of an exceptionally severe winter, but relax, in a couple of months you too will be cutting grass... LOL...

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #35
Site Team

Ice-breaker is welcome to come to my house and rake moss. Outta the yard, off the roof and I feel it growing on my skin

Truly, for those of us with money down on a new 5er that we've only seen a photoshop image of... it would be a concern if we haven't see Escape products in person. Besides the new 5er is built on the same platform door back on the 21' and nose from the Classic 5er, just a bit wider and taller.

Spending in excess of $30,000 is no small change and I have zero concerns.

Nine days until I turn my signed build sheet in
Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #36

Quote:
...Special note to ice-breaker... you seem cranky? I realize that you are coming out of an exceptionally severe winter, but relax, in a couple of months you too will be cutting grass... LOL...
Do I come across as cranky? That was not my intent at all. Winter was pretty typical here this year, but I am happy that it is over. Was scouting a local creek this afternoon to see whether with all the runoff it may be worth making a whitewater canoe run this week. Much rather be paddling than cutting grass.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ice-breaker is welcome to come to my house and rake moss. Outta the yard, off the roof and I feel it growing on my skin

Truly, for those of us with money down on a new 5er that we've only seen a photoshop image of... it would be a concern if we haven't see Escape products in person. Besides the new 5er is built on the same platform door back on the 21' and nose from the Classic 5er, just a bit wider and taller.

Spending in excess of $30,000 is no small change and I have zero concerns.

Nine days until I turn my signed build sheet in
Donna, would be happy to stop by and help you scrape moss off of stuff. However, we will not likely be in your neck of the woods for quite some time. You are welcome to stop in here if you ever find yourself in this part of the world.

Congratulations on the new 5.0TA. Bet you can't hardly sleep anymore. It's gonna be fun.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #38
Site Team

I don't sleep anyway, but boy am I excited!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
For Donna

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #40
Site Team

... and I just can't hide it!