"The Trailer" is home! - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #241

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I would contemplate waiting until you take possession. I know it should be the same measurement, but if it wasn't you certainly would be bummed. I bet their turnaround time would not to be too long.

Besides, with actually seeing and using the trailer a time or two, you will develop lots of ideas of your own to incorporate. The trailer will be very usable as is until you can do the mods you wish.
Good points, Jim. Our situation will be a little unusual. When the day comes to pick up our trailer we will begin full timing for an indefinite time and I have no idea how to order stuff and have it delivered once we do that so I'd like to try and get all the wanted options up front and ready when we move in, so to speak. I know my wife will never be able to reach the back of the cabinet without the slide and the slide will save me from calls for help so I am willing to take a chance.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #242

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Good points, Jim. Our situation will be a little unusual. When the day comes to pick up our trailer we will begin full timing for an indefinite time and I have no idea how to order stuff and have it delivered once we do that so I'd like to try and get all the wanted options up front and ready when we move in, so to speak. I know my wife will never be able to reach the back of the cabinet without the slide and the slide will save me from calls for help so I am willing to take a chance.
Gotcha! Are you still keeping your home, just travelling a lot?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:25 PM   #243

Quote:
Gotcha! Are you still keeping your home, just travelling a lot?
Nope, we are going all in. Selling the house and hitting the road. The plan is to look for the place where we want to settle down. The only reason we are in Ohio was because of a job. Now that I am retired there is no reason to be in Ohio anymore.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #244

Quote:
Nope, we are going all in. Selling the house and hitting the road. The plan is to look for the place where we want to settle down. The only reason we are in Ohio was because of a job. Now that I am retired there is no reason to be in Ohio anymore.
A part of me would love to do that, except I would almost certainly be coming back here, as all my family and many of my long term friends are here. We have a very close family, who I could ditch for a year or so, but would certainly not want to be far from forever.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #245
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
A part of me would love to do that, except I would almost certainly be coming back here, as all my family and many of my long term friends are here. We have a very close family, who I could ditch for a year or so, but would certainly not want to be far from forever.
I'm now facing the same condition. My daughter (and grandgirls, etc.) are thinking about leaving the area and heading elsewhere. Following jobs, good housing and good schools. IF they leave the PDX area, there would be NO REASON for me to stay here. Hey, planes go both directions... Christmas in Florida may be a heck of a lot more fun than Christmas where it's raining or snowing. AND isn't technology great? I can face time any time I want, no more waiting for those once-a-year school pictures to show up in the mail. I'll just make new friends (and new memories) wherever I go. May you have a plan for your future that works for you
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I measured 23.5" deep by 16.75 wide, but I think a 17" would work. there's also a hose in the back of the cabinet, so if you don't go all the way back, a slightly wider shelf will work.

But, yeah, I'll double check all that tomorrow. And remember, if you get the cabinet door there's the gas hinge thingies that raise the door up, so they take a bit of the opening. However, they're at the top so if you're not using a tall basket you should be fine. I'll take a photo of the cabinet with the door open tomorrow. Off to the PO to drop off some shipments and then out for dinner! Much higher importance right now than a stinkin' trailer!
Laura, I found your old posting with all the photos and measurements of the new 21. You have a nice shot of the door open showing the hinges. They won't be a problem for the shelf. You said 17.25 from hinge to hinge in that posting so I think you are correct about 17 working ok. I will probably go conservative and order a little narrower like 16.75
Old 12-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #247
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Laura, I found your old posting with all the photos and measurements of the new 21. You have a nice shot of the door open showing the hinges. They won't be a problem for the shelf. You said 17.25 from hinge to hinge in that posting so I think you are correct about 17 working ok. I will probably go conservative and order a little narrower like 16.75
The way it works is, you give them the width of the opening, and they select the appropriate width for the shelf, accommodating the rails, etc. At least I think that's how they did ours. The only dimension you manually decide is the depth. I would go 1" shorter than the depth of the cabinet from the front edge to the back wall.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:55 PM   #248

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The only dimension you manually decide is the depth. I would go 1" shorter than the depth of the cabinet from the front edge to the back wall.
In the back of that cabinet is a fairly thick black hose (or hose cover most likely as it's ribbed) which needs to be taken into consideration. It's on the right side.

And Stephen - you can also use General Delivery for towns/cities that you know you'll be at for a while for USPS deliveries. I know you can have an option with UPS and FedEx for picking up at one of their locations instead of having it delivered to your home. Not sure what sort of address you'd use when you order stuff though.

You can set up accounts with all 3 of these companies that will send you notifications when something is shipped to you. I know with UPS and FedEx, when I get the ship notice, there's an option to change delivery.

Once, long time ago, I shipped something to myself to a local (to where I was staying) UPS facility as I was traveling and it was too big to fit in my suitcase. I'm sure you could do something like that - just find the local facility. But, yeah, double check all that before you head out on the road.

And if you wander your way to the Seattle area - give us a shout! We might even let you park in our flat gravel area and shove a hose your direction for water. Not sure what the electrical situation will be like, but eventually Dirk will install a pole to plug the trailer in to. And yeah, he knows the ins and outs of it and helpful hints were provided in another thread some time ago.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:40 PM   #249

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Have you by any chance joined the Escapees organization? (No connection to Escape trailers). They know everything you could need to know as fulltimers and then some, and they have a lot of info on their forum and in their magazine.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #250
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
If you know you'll be at an attended campground on set dates, you can have stuff sent to that address. I often make shipments to Little House Customs when they're on the road. The campground host holds the package for pick up.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #251
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm now facing the same condition. My daughter (and grandgirls, etc.) are thinking about leaving the area and heading elsewhere. Following jobs, good housing and good schools. IF they leave the PDX area, there would be NO REASON for me to stay here. Hey, planes go both directions... Christmas in Florida may be a heck of a lot more fun than Christmas where it's raining or snowing. AND isn't technology great? I can face time any time I want, no more waiting for those once-a-year school pictures to show up in the mail. I'll just make new friends (and new memories) wherever I go. May you have a plan for your future that works for you
Yuppers. My grandkids are in North Carolina and San Francisco. Family is in Chicago. Trailering East next year, already done a couple of San Francisco runs.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #252

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Alright Laura ! ��Patand Linda
Laura what the heck ? That was supposed to be 2 thumbs up Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #253

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Laura what the heck ? That was supposed to be 2 thumbs up Pat
I just figured you were being weird due to using your ipad for sending emails.

But, seriously, I knew it was complimentary so I wasn't concerned at all.

(Let's see if my two thumbs up worked)
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #254

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I just figured you were being weird due to using your ipad for sending emails.

But, seriously, I knew it was complimentary so I wasn't concerned at all.

(Let's see if my two thumbs up worked)
Laura love the i-pad , seem to use it more then the mini Mac desk computer . I think it was me doing something stupid . Guess what is is raining here ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:14 AM   #255

Quote:
In the back of that cabinet is a fairly thick black hose (or hose cover most likely as it's ribbed) which needs to be taken into consideration. It's on the right side.

And Stephen - you can also use General Delivery for towns/cities that you know you'll be at for a while for USPS deliveries. I know you can have an option with UPS and FedEx for picking up at one of their locations instead of having it delivered to your home. Not sure what sort of address you'd use when you order stuff though.

You can set up accounts with all 3 of these companies that will send you notifications when something is shipped to you. I know with UPS and FedEx, when I get the ship notice, there's an option to change delivery.

Once, long time ago, I shipped something to myself to a local (to where I was staying) UPS facility as I was traveling and it was too big to fit in my suitcase. I'm sure you could do something like that - just find the local facility. But, yeah, double check all that before you head out on the road.

And if you wander your way to the Seattle area - give us a shout! We might even let you park in our flat gravel area and shove a hose your direction for water. Not sure what the electrical situation will be like, but eventually Dirk will install a pole to plug the trailer in to. And yeah, he knows the ins and outs of it and helpful hints were provided in another thread some time ago.
Thanks for the invite, Laura. I've had some of my worst driving moments in the Seattle area and it is near the top of my list of places to avoid while pulling the trailer
However, should I ever get the courage up I will certainly take you up on the offer. Please tell Dirk I would like a full hookup.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:15 AM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Have you by any chance joined the Escapees organization? (No connection to Escape trailers). They know everything you could need to know as fulltimers and then some, and they have a lot of info on their forum and in their magazine.
Yep, already signed up. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:21 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
If you know you'll be at an attended campground on set dates, you can have stuff sent to that address. I often make shipments to Little House Customs when they're on the road. The campground host holds the package for pick up.
I have had stuff redirected to a Fedex location before but I recall a couple times having some difficulty getting stuff delivered to an address different than my mailing address due to the credit card company being over cautious. I had to add the alternate address to me credit card. Don't remember exactly what the issue was.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:59 AM   #258

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

That should be the power cord that feeds your microwave or some other item, be careful around it...
Old 12-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #259

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
I have had stuff redirected to a Fedex location before but I recall a couple times having some difficulty getting stuff delivered to an address different than my mailing address due to the credit card company being over cautious. I had to add the alternate address to me credit card. Don't remember exactly what the issue was.
Amazon successfully completed their first Drone delivery this week. It's coming and your order will land right outside your trailer when it gets mainstream.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Amazon successfully completed their first Drone delivery this week. It's coming and your order will land right outside your trailer when it gets mainstream.
*readies slingshot for target practice*