"The Trailer" is home! - Page 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2016, 08:28 AM   #361

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
With enough strap iron and some 6013 or 7014 we could put the Toro on the front. Probably split the gas line and never have to worry about either one running out of gas. Seat had a thin pad but no heater. Can you run a Toyota seat heater on 6 volts?
Merry Christmas Eric and Mary
Dave & Miss Rita
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #362

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Can you run a Toyota seat heater on 6 volts?
Sure... it would just run at one-quarter power. Since some of those things seem to be designed to cook "rump roast" on high, 1/4 might be enough!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #363

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

Here's photos of the TP holder. Is this where those with a 21 had it installed by the factory? Thanks.
You have it right where ours is placed. Went to the trailer today.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #364

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Holey, Holey, Holey Holey

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
You have it right where ours is placed. Went to the trailer today.
Did you check the outside of your trailer to make sure there were no holes put in at the factory?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:38 PM   #365

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
...and that's why I stuck with my simple little 15A.
Oh, Yeah (17A's too)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #366

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Did you check the outside of your trailer to make sure there were no holes put in at the factory?
Dave
Hope we wouldn't have missed any when washing.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #367

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
I think we've stolen Laura's thread from her. It's been a couple days and over 40 posts since she last updated us, and in the meantime we've hijacked her thread with posts on everything from portable spas to tractor auctions to seat heaters to snow blowers. Laura, are you still out there? Have you given more thought to installing the barrister bookcase-style cabinet door? Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #368

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I think we've stolen Laura's thread from her. It's been a couple days and over 40 posts since she last updated us, and in the meantime we've hijacked her thread with posts on everything from portable spas to tractor auctions to seat heaters to snow blowers. Laura, are you still out there? Have you given more thought to installing the barrister bookcase-style cabinet door? Dale
Haven't read any of it since someone mentioned the thread was too long, but it can't all be blamed on me, now can it?

So, you asked - here's the update.

Haven't been on the forum or the computer all day, except to book a campsite in Corvallis OR for my *very first* vending event (next June) that I'll be using the trailer for. I'm quite excited as that's one of the two main reasons for getting this trailer. Vending outside of the Seattle area and visiting places we both want to see (don't ask how long that list is!). And a combination of both, if possible.

Following the progress of the cellular shades, which should be delivered tomorrow! And installed Thursday or Friday, so stay tuned for photos of those. Quite excited about them.

Also following the progress of the KoJack levelers and a tire boot lock that are coming on Thursday. Installation on Thursday or Friday, depending on what time they arrive. Photos, of course (!) will be provided here.

Keeping the cabinet door ETI provided and will figure something out for that area after it's been used a few times. Returned the sliding drawer to Lowe's tonight. I hope to figure things out a *bit* sooner than the 200 trips Donna's taken in hers.

Oh, yesterday booked a spot at SolarTown camping area at the SolarFest in Madras OR for the eclipse next year. Quite excited about that! It'll cost more than staying at LaPine, but it's in totality, which is what we really want. Plus, we'll save on gas by not driving as far to see the eclipse.

Ordered two more drawer topper trays from Charlie.

Ordered a royal blue custom sized cutting board that shipped today from Atlanta (The Cutting Board Company). The royal blue isn't a regularly offered color but they get it in for one customer and the c/s guy said they could make one for me as well. Score! After we get it, we'll hit Rockler to see what nifty looking wood Dirk can use to make a frame for it to fit over the stovetop.

So, Dale, there you have the update. And if you weren't serious about the asking, well, you got the info anyway. Ignore it if you want. Read more about tractors.

Oh yeah, I've let the incident about the TP holder kind of roll off (HA!) me. It'll get covered up by a nifty decal once it warms up. Yes, I did ask ETI to not install it since I wasn't sure where I wanted it without a sink in there. And I didn't really want to sit on the toilet (even with the lid down) while one of their employees was waiting for me to figure out the best reaching area. I could have asked them to install it once we realized we weren't getting the sink, but I still wanted to wait - I detest it in a house when you have to reach in stupid places for that toilet paper and I didn't want to do that in the trailer. I did email ETI about it (suggesting they provide shorter screws to other customers in the same situation) and Tammy said she talked to somebody and they have no idea why we were given those screws (which were too long). She offered to fix it under warranty, but Dirk said there isn't any reason as it probably wouldn't look any different from what he'll end up doing. And I'm not hauling it up there just for that. Plus, it'll have a way cool (to me at least; Dirk isn't too sure) graphic over it anyway. And I was planning on putting something in that area anyway.

Oh, and if you're near Southcenter shopping mall in Tukwila (WA) on Xmas Day and you see a blue Tundra with a stark white trailer in the parking lot - give me lots of room! We'll be practicing driving and backing up with it. Figured that's the best day to find a big empty parking lot.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #369

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Oh yeah, I've let the incident about the TP holder kind of roll off (HA!) me. It'll get covered up by a nifty decal once it warms up.
Great can-do attitude and solution!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:41 AM   #370

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Glass half full person you are Laura! Glad you are that way. Makes life with it's hurdles way easier.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:28 AM   #371

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Oh, and if you're near Southcenter shopping mall in Tukwila (WA) on Xmas Day and you see a blue Tundra with a stark white trailer in the parking lot - give me lots of room! We'll be practicing driving and backing up with it. Figured that's the best day to find a big empty parking lot
Make it a night boon docking on the parking lot for your first couple adventure....
Old 12-21-2016, 10:51 AM   #372

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Make it a night boon docking on the parking lot for your first couple adventure....
Nope as I figure security personnel will be cruising around. Heck, I can do that in our driveway and I plan to once the blinds are up. Like this weekend!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote