Want to see Escape 5.0 near Sacramento, CA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #1

Want to see Escape 5.0 near Sacramento, CA

Greetings,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping one of you is close to Sacramento, CA, and is willing to show me your Escape 5.0. Thinking of buying one and would like to see one first without having to travel too far. I contacted the company and the nearest one in their customer program is in Oregon. If anybody else has one within, say, an hour's drive of Sacramento that they'd be willing to let me look at, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: Want to see Escape 5.0 near Sacramento, CA

Hi Roamer, and welcome.

Sorry I can't help you though. I have not heard of any 5.0's in your neighbourhood, and Tammy or Reace would likely know best. You will however get some input from a couple regulars here that own them. If I was willing to use a pickup instead of an SUV, I would have picked the 5.0 for sure. Mostly, I like the way the bed works, though the queen in our 19 is great.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #3

Thx for the reply. Would be glad to hear more about the 5.0, especially from any fulltimers using them. Also what people are pulling them with and what kind of mpg they are seeing. Don't have a tow vehicle yet but would prefer a smaller pickup. 8)
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna

Hello Roamer and Welcome.
If you'd like to see a 17' please let me know. While there is an obvious difference, you can see the quality and some of the features 1st hand.
Sandra
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #5

That would actually be very helpful! I'll send you an email or PM. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #6

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Hi Roamer! I bought my 5.0 totally sight unseen (lots of research from VA) and boy, we were not disappointed! WE LOVE IT! Just came back from a couple of nights on the river with 2 of our grands (6 & 8yrs), and they loved - 1) going in a and out of the screen door and 2) using the bathroom (and the river, and tube-ing, and throwing rocks, and eating outside, and campfires and .......!!!!). With the 5.0 and 19, you have room for a permanent bed and a table conversion to a double, to house a couple of good buddies.
The pictures on Escapes Web site show every angle of the 5.0, and it's better than the pictures. What you really need to see, if you don't get the drift from this forum, is how well they are built. You can get that from seeing any Escape, like Sandra's for instance. If you stand in Sandra's front dinnet (is that how you spell that?), and look to the back, you've seen most every Escape (except the bed is a queen on the 19). Just turn in her dinnet, and envision two steps going up to a queen bed that runs foot to back, with overheads on each side, and you've got the 5.0. The kitchen, bath and frig are all the same with a few different modifications (5.0 has a 5cf frig, not sure about the 17's standard). It's a wonderful camper, easy to hook up, easy to pull.
We have a new Nissan Frontier, and love it!!! All the power you could want. Ran over the Rockies with ease.
If you have questions, just fire away. We tried to show HokieEscape in action in our blog across country in April. You can check it out at: www.HokieEscape.blogspot.com starting at March 26 (before that date you'll have to wade through my learning to blog with my grandson's basketball games!!!).
I'm sure my good buddy Alf (Escape Hatch) will give you his biased view too. We are the 5.0's biggest champions!
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: Roamer...and WELCOME!!! We just got back from 2 weeks in "Our Escape Hatch" 5.0. Thats the longest I have ever been away from home. We just attended a fiberglass rally here in Ontario Canada along with 135 other trailers. Among them were 2 5.0's 1/ 2009 Escape 13'er 2/ 2009 Trillium 13'ers built by Escape+ lots of original Trilliums and Bolers a couple of Casitas+ a Predom and a Scamp and a Uhaul. Boy what a pot luck we had on Sat. eve!!!
Send me an email an I will be glad to at least share some of my pic's of our 2007 5.0. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #8

Hi Roamer, We have a 5.0 ordered for Oct. We are having some problems with scheduling our pick up. We will either pick it up this fall or we will have Reece and Tammy winter it for us and we will pick it up in March. When we finally pick it up, we will be going to Yosimite and passing your way. We would love to show you our 5.0. I will let you know when we come that way. We saw Dan's Hokie Escape in Virginia. And we was right. We were not disappointed! Great styling, Great workmanship.

Floyd and Dana
Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #9

Roamer, Were you thinking about a 5.0 this fall or next fall?

Floyd and Dana
Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #10

Hi all,
Roamer pm'd me and said that they are re-thinking their plans and might opt for a small teardrop instead. I suggested that he rent one to try it out first. If he's thinking small, he might like the 13'.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #11

Roamer:

I wish you well in choosing. You know how, when your friend asks you what type of computer to buy, you answer, "Well, what do you want to do with it?" Same thing with trailers. Decide what you want to do with a trailer, then look for a trailer that will do that for you. Of course, you will have to make some compromises, but make sure that you are happy with the compromises before you commit.

Small teardrops are small.

Ron

2009 17' Plan B
ronstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #12

I misspoke-he said a teardrop type. I added the small. I also suggested that he rent an fgrv as well. There is a fellow in Davis that rents a small Scamp or Casita with a porta potty. That could give him an idea of what suits best.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #13

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L
I misspoke-he said a teardrop type. I added the small. I also suggested that he rent an fgrv as well. There is a fellow in Davis that rents a small Scamp or Casita with a porta potty. That could give him an idea of what suits best.
Excellent idea to look into each before buying! It's easy to see the differences in qualilty when you move up from the Scamp to the Casita and the Casita to the Escape (we LOVED our Casita, but wouldn't go back), but each has it's place and meets the needs of different folks. Is there a teardrop style that's fiberglass? What a difference in strengh of the common trailer (stick built) with the reinforced fiberglass. Good luck Roamer as you research each type. Have fun! Any questions, just shoot....
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #14

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Hi Roamer
I Live in Fresno, south of you. We just got home last week from picking up our 5.0.We are so happy with it. please pm me if you would like to see it.

Fred
woollybuggerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Hi Roamer, I live in Woodland and would be willing to show you our 2017 5.0 TA. I know there is a 2015 , 1st gen, 5.0 TA in Sacramento as well. Let me know if you want to set a time as I would have to get it out of storage.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote