5.0 TA license plates - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
5.0 TA license plates

While at the CA DMV I received 2 plates. I know the obvious one on the back of the trailer. But what I don't know is where the 2nd one goes! I don't see another plate holder anywhere in the front area. Anyone with this type of trailer able to give me insight on this?
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Only one plate is needed. Trailer plates should be singles.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
It does seem nonsensical to get two plates; they're never used on the front of a trailer. We only get one plate for any type of vehicle here, but if I were given two plates for a trailer in a place where motor vehicles get two, I would look at the registration paperwork and confirm that the registration was done correctly and shows the appropriate class of vehicle.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It does seem nonsensical to get two plates; they're never used on the front of a trailer. We only get one plate for any type of vehicle here, but if I were given two plates for a trailer in a place where motor vehicles get two, I would look at the registration paperwork and confirm that the registration was done correctly and shows the appropriate class of vehicle.
Maybe the DMV thought it was a Ford Escape. They do make mistakes. I had a friend here in Florida who had his "sex changed" when he was getting one of the new enhanced driver's license. He didn't notice it until he got home. His name is Gil and he didn't go back to get it corrected, so I started jokingly calling him Gilda and told him the only reason he didn't want to correct the error is because he wanted to drink for free on "ladies night." He recently got it renewed and is officially a "he" again.
Then again, maybe the bureaucrats figure they can charge more for 2 tags rather than one! When I lived in NH, which was a 2 tag state, you only got 1 tag if registering a trailer. So I'm inclined to agree with Brian; check the paperwork.