Electrical Panel Explained--Escape 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Old 01-18-2016, 08:53 PM   #11
Trailer: None
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm not a great fan of using circuit breakers as switches so if I put one in for the converter I'd still install a switch.

I have a portable, plug-in a/c so no worries about running out of circuits.

Breakers designed and listed for switching duty are labeled SWD.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:15 AM   #12
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Originally Posted by lyndamac View Post
Don't know if this is the right place for this question. On our 17a, after moving a short distance today, there was a noise from the driver side bench where the electrical panel, hot water tank and surge controller are located. The noise started when we hooked up to the 30 amp receiver. Sounds like a fan, and seems to be from the electrical panel area. Is coming on and off intermittently, and seems to speed up and slow down. We're only running the fridge and led lights on AC power.

We've never noticed this happening before, and wonder this is and what could be causing it.

Any advice or ideas would be helpful.
There is a fan, maybe 2 (haven't looked), in the converter, they come on when it heats up due to load. Mine go on when I first connect to city power if the batteries are down and the converter is charging them. The fans should go off once the bulk of the charge is done, the time frame would vary according to the charge state of the batteries. The fan is pretty loud as opposed to the contactor in the surge protector, that can hum if it gets dirty or some such.

With solar, my batteries don't get very low so I don't know how long to tell you to expect the fans to run. If they are still running the next day I'd guess you may have a problem. If they are close to full it wouldn't be long at all, like under an hour, at least that's my experience.

If it's still running this morning you might call ETI, you should still be under warranty.

Just in case... On my last trailer after a year or so one of the fans in the converter would not turn off. I had to replace it. It was an Elixer brand, not a WFCO that ETI uses.

Happy Motoring
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #13
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Ron, thanks for the picture and information. This is so helpful for me since I know so little about electrical 'stuff'.

MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote