Escape Trailer Videos - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
Appropriating the 'Work Product' of another with 'free' software is dishonest.

Odd how someone who would never think about stealing anything thinks this is ok. 'Everyone does it'

Ask any software or web developer how they feel about 'Pirates'
Your response was expected.
I do find it interesting that you quote me before making your post. This entire thread (not just my post) is about how Escape owners can save the orientation videos on their computers for future reference without having to be connected to the internet. Anyway, I feel pretty safe in saying that nobody on this forum is going to pirate these instructional videos for their own personal gain. ETI owns the work product. If I thought for one minute they would care about me making a personal copy of their videos, I wouldn't do it. Reace states in his first orientation video the purpose of making the videos is for Escape owners to use the videos as a reference. My guess is ETI doesn't use the videos or YouTube as a source of income. But that's just a guess. All that being said, it still doesn't make it legal. So let your conscience be your guide.
Curious Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Downloading content in the “public domain” for personal use is not illegal, unless expressly forbidden by the owner of the content, which in ETI’s case is not forbidden.
If you distribute the content for personal gain, then you move into legal problems.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #43

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Downloading content in the “public domain” for personal use is not illegal, unless expressly forbidden by the owner of the content, which in ETI’s case is not forbidden.
If you distribute the content for personal gain, then you move into legal problems.
My point was that YouTube does not allow their site to be used as a conduit to download any kind of content. I don't know YouTube well at all but I think they have a 'premium' membership or something similar that will allow that, or so I've been told.

I, like others, would like to see the videos on ETI's site for download.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #44

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I have all the individual video files and thought I would try uploading them, one at a time, to the files section of the forum - anyone who wanted them could download them from there. But the files section only accepts PDF or DOC files, not video files.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:09 PM   #45

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Perhaps that has something to do with why ETI doesn't put the files on their website. Videos vs PDF,s etc...

Any thoughts?

I'm an old 'bare metal programmer' hobbyist since I turned over our farm to the next gen. but have never done any applications/websites. I like to bypass the OS/BIOS and go direct to the hardware. (Intel Assembler required, unless you like C++)

I'm Nowhere near as efficient as the OS but lots of fun.

Never worked a single day at my EE degree but I still remember a few things
Old 01-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Videos are massive files. Most forums won't allow them to be uploaded due to the cost of the storage necessary to host video. You can embed links to the videos which keeps them hosted where they live and most services, youtube included allow you to embed the video links on a website or post.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
MacX YouTube Downloader

For Mac users there is MacX YouTube Downloader. I have used it to download instructional videos from ETI and others for reference when I'm not connected to the Internet. There is a free version and a paid version. I have the free version and it works fine. The program saves the video by default as MP4, though you can select other formats.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:47 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
My point was that YouTube does not allow their site to be used as a conduit to download any kind of content. I don't know YouTube well at all but I think they have a 'premium' membership or something similar that will allow that, or so I've been told.

I, like others, would like to see the videos on ETI's site for download.
Read thru this thread as we are picking up our new 19 late May and I was going to start watching the videos as time allows, but what a great idea to save them to a drive. I just checked my YouTube account, which is free, and they offer a one month trial which appears to allow downloading. After the month it's 11.99 per. Gonna give it a try.

Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLSB View Post
........ I just checked my YouTube account, which is free, and they offer a one month trial which appears to allow downloading. After the month it's 11.99 per. Gonna give it a try.

Larry
I've had YouTube Premium for several months. Within the YouTube App for mobile devices, you are able to download & save videos for 30 days for viewing within the app. The videos are stored encrypted on your device and must be viewed through the app. Once downloaded, as long as you stay a YouTube Premium member, you will be able to view the videos offline.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:23 AM   #50

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Mike View Post
I've had YouTube Premium for several months. Within the YouTube App for mobile devices, you are able to download & save videos for 30 days for viewing within the app. The videos are stored encrypted on your device and must be viewed through the app. Once downloaded, as long as you stay a YouTube Premium member, you will be able to view the videos offline.

Interesting, so were you able to save them to a thumb drive also?
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:59 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLSB View Post
Interesting, so were you able to save them to a thumb drive also?
Using Windows? See post #37

Got a Mac? See post #47

Once downloaded, you can save them anywhere.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #52

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
my suggestion would be for escape trailer industries to post a list of their vids on their official website. this wouldn't take any storage to speak of, and at least we could see what's available, and search youtube or web for a specific vid. like it is now, you don't know what's out there, unless you just happen to run across it on the forum or searching on the web. cheers
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:48 AM   #53

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
my suggestion would be for escape trailer industries to post a list of their vids on their official website. this wouldn't take any storage to speak of, and at least we could see what's available, and search youtube or web for a specific vid. like it is now, you don't know what's out there, unless you just happen to run across it on the forum or searching on the web. cheers
Maybe I'm confused. Just bookmark the video link. Peruse what is there. Newer videos should be at the top whenever you revisit the site.
Escape Trailer Industries Ltd - YouTube
Old 04-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #54

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
You could hit the button and subscribe to their You Tube channel. That way you can easily check out all their videos in one spot/list.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
to clarify my point, let's say I picked up new escape trailer at the factory, and immediately start having trouble with my furnace, actually happened. I call the factory and got some verbal tips on how to check the sail switch. after 2 years of messing with my furnace, I finally have it working properly, yeah!!! anyways, after all that, I discover there is a factory video on how to replace the sail switch that I wasn't aware of, and isn't easily found IMO. just saying, if the factory would at least post a list of the vids available, it wouldn't take any memory/ resources to speak of, and at least you would know what to look for without it being buried in some thread on some forum? cheers
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I agree with Charles comment, there seems to be a disconnect between Escape and the internet and that could hinder their sales........
Old 04-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #57

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Off-line ETI Orientation/Service Videos

Personal use of these videos is likely consistent with ETI's motivation for producing them to support their customers. Availability for off-line use when traveling with one's trailer to locations without internet access provides an additional resource beyond the manual printed on paper. I appreciated the thorough orientation at trailer pick-up in 2018, but have also picked up additional details from these videos.

Perhaps ETI should consider providing a copy of the current service/orientation videos on a thumb drive with each new trailer... Charles' example of problems with a furnace sail switch on a new trailer is a great case-in-point where access to these videos would have been useful. Providing an off-line copy of the videos could also reduce necessary calls to ETIs customer service (although they also represent a great resource when open).

I agree with Jim's point. I actively follow ETIs new postings to their YouTube channel, and recently gained the impression that focus has shifted toward their Facebook page, with perhaps now a secondary focus on this forum. Unfortunately, I'm also of the impression that a portion of their customer base actively avoids Facebook. (Me included...)

Thanks!
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:22 PM   #58

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Escape trailer Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
Will do after home from work at 2200 CST [emoji106]
MadCat3 .
Could you also send me the link to the ETI Videos. We pick up our trailer in August.
Thanks
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:31 AM   #59

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatboatz3 View Post
MadCat3 .
Could you also send me the link to the ETI Videos. We pick up our trailer in August.
Thanks
See post @ 53......
Old 04-30-2021, 07:51 AM   #60
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Escape Trailer Industries YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCda...os?app=desktop
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, training, video, videos