"Files" section is now operating.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
"Files" section is now operating....

We now have available most of your Escape Industries factory operating instructions that come with your new Escape uploaded and available for your downloads. These are located under the top line menu "Files", please take a moment to peruse these factory operating manuals.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19'
This is excellent! Now I can seal up my hard copies in an oversized ziploc bag and have them available if needed for resale of the trailer.

In the meantime, I will put the essential ones in my dropbox account so that they are available on any of my electronic devices.

Thanks, this is truly useful!

Arathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #3

Escaping Electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathar View Post
This is excellent! Now I can seal up my hard copies in an oversized ziploc bag and have them available if needed for resale of the trailer.

In the meantime, I will put the essential ones in my dropbox account so that they are available on any of my electronic devices.

Thanks, this is truly useful!
I'm sure glad you suggested saving for resale. I was about to recycle the manuals in my quest for "paperless" storage.

I am a big proponent of using Evernote, with its "Local Notebook" feature. This allows you to have the important stuff in a local, offline Notebook, for those times there is no internet access camping....
Works on Blackberry, iPhone, Android, laptop - it doesn't matter.
It's free, and it is one of the strongest text searchable applications I have ever found. Check it out at evernote.com
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19'
I have found that set of mint condition manuals is an advantage when selling an RV. It shows buyers that you are organized and methodical and likely took good care of the unit.

I've been going mostly paperless myself. I find it amazing how much "camping" has changed in the past decade with smartphones and public wifi everywhere. I remember trying to read hiking map PDFs on my Palm Treo. It was nearly impossible.

Coincidentally, I just downloaded Evernote earlier this month. I haven't completely bought into it, though. It supports so many different file types (which should be a good thing but I prefer my mobile apps to be more streamlined). Still there are a few times I wished that my opml organizer supported graphics so I may yet be a convert.

Dropbox syncs when it has an internet connection so the latest version of the files are available when offline. My main problem with Dropbox is that my workplace has recently banned it (and many other cloud based services) as a security risk.

Later,

Glenn E. Myers

2012 Honda Pilot
2011 Escape 19'
2006 Irish Terrier
Arathar is offline   Reply With Quote