"Files" section is now operating.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
"Files" section is now operating....

We now have available most of your Escape Industries factory operating instructions that come with your new Escape uploaded and available for your downloads. These are located under the top line menu "Files", please take a moment to peruse these factory operating manuals.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19'
This is excellent! Now I can seal up my hard copies in an oversized ziploc bag and have them available if needed for resale of the trailer.

In the meantime, I will put the essential ones in my dropbox account so that they are available on any of my electronic devices.

Thanks, this is truly useful!
Arathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #3

Escaping Electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathar View Post
This is excellent! Now I can seal up my hard copies in an oversized ziploc bag and have them available if needed for resale of the trailer.

In the meantime, I will put the essential ones in my dropbox account so that they are available on any of my electronic devices.

Thanks, this is truly useful!
I'm sure glad you suggested saving for resale. I was about to recycle the manuals in my quest for "paperless" storage.

I am a big proponent of using Evernote, with its "Local Notebook" feature. This allows you to have the important stuff in a local, offline Notebook, for those times there is no internet access camping....
Works on Blackberry, iPhone, Android, laptop - it doesn't matter.
It's free, and it is one of the strongest text searchable applications I have ever found. Check it out at evernote.com
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19'
I have found that set of mint condition manuals is an advantage when selling an RV. It shows buyers that you are organized and methodical and likely took good care of the unit.

I've been going mostly paperless myself. I find it amazing how much "camping" has changed in the past decade with smartphones and public wifi everywhere. I remember trying to read hiking map PDFs on my Palm Treo. It was nearly impossible.

Coincidentally, I just downloaded Evernote earlier this month. I haven't completely bought into it, though. It supports so many different file types (which should be a good thing but I prefer my mobile apps to be more streamlined). Still there are a few times I wished that my opml organizer supported graphics so I may yet be a convert.

Dropbox syncs when it has an internet connection so the latest version of the files are available when offline. My main problem with Dropbox is that my workplace has recently banned it (and many other cloud based services) as a security risk.

Later,

Glenn E. Myers

2012 Honda Pilot
2011 Escape 19'
2006 Irish Terrier
Arathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Where are the files found on this site??
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Kathy View Post
Where are the files found on this site??
Top left on my screen... I'm on a laptop.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I would suggest that Tin's file in Post #7 on this thread: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...uck-13417.html be added to the files section, I am not finding it there. It has all the measurements for the 5.0TA and related truck considerations and I found it invaluable in determining how to set up my hitch and what kind of clearance I would have.

I'm sure it would be a big help to others in the process of planning a truck / 5.0TA combination. I relied on the measurements on his diagram and found them to be spot on, I came out within 1/8" of where I expected to be when first hitched up at orientation at ETI.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Unfortunately, his post is within another thread so the thread can not be 'sticky". Perhaps you can download the pertinent info and make a .pdf file and that can then be uploaded to the files section.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Unfortunately, his post is within another thread so the thread can not be 'sticky". Perhaps you can download the pertinent info and make a .pdf file and that can then be uploaded to the files section.
I just did that - saved the file as a .pdf and uploaded it to the Miscellaneous files section. It said that it worked, and the file count increased from 17 to 18, but I do not see it....can you see it there?
Old 04-27-2019, 05:30 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I just did that - saved the file as a .pdf and uploaded it to the Miscellaneous files section. It said that it worked, and the file count increased from 17 to 18, but I do not see it....can you see it there?
David, files added to the Document Center have to be approved by a moderator or admin before they're visible to the membership. I just approved your document. THANKS!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote