Orientation - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #71

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thanks folks! I do have the slight advantage of being inside the trailers multiple times and have lots of photos to refer to ahead of time.

But, yeah, never worked the frig, furnace and all that. Or hitched/unhitched and leveled it. I think I know how to turn a faucet on.

So, yeah, will go over my list and figure out what all to leave on it and what all to delete. And then read it twelve million times before we get there and even then I won't have it memorized and I know I'll forget something.

Fortunately there's this forum for asking questions. As a side note: I was reading the latest issue of Trailer Life (which I know some of you find worthless, but I'm getting a lot out of it) and some of the questions asked I'm thinking "just join an owner's forum and ask there". You'd get your answer a whole heck of a lot faster!
Hey Laura we get trailer life for years and love it too . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:55 PM   #72
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Had my orientation yesterday, took around 1 hour at the shop, I turned on the propane, tested the stove and refrigerator operation off propane, had water filled in the tank and ran the pump to insure it shut off. The trailer was plugged in and I saw the Progressive system was operating. I had a 12v run under the bed, it is merely a dead end 12v wires under the bed, with a led light lying in in the drawer, you will have to attach it yourself upon delivery. It was not tested nor any other 12v outlets check. I can say now, 1100 miles away, everything works, all 120v outlets and all 12v outlets are up and running.
They merely wash the trailer, no wax is applies, not necessary. They hook it up, test the lights and level your trailer if your hitch is adjustable, 19.5" is the ball height on the 19, suggest you get an adjustable in order to raise or lower if needed.
They then disconnect the trailer, you leave and go to Sumas and they meet you there as Bob's Burgers on the main drag, they unhook and hook you up and give you the paper showing the export stamp and you are free. I had to go back and check out the hotel so I went back to Chilliwack. Total time was about 3 hours from start to finish, they do 2 a day I think.
If you need a hotel, Escape recommends Best Western, pet friendly and you receive a discount if you mention Escape. You can walk to Escape from the hotel.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:11 PM   #73

Trailer: 2014 Casita SD (Sold) 2017 21' Escape on Jan. 16th
Thanks Jim,

We will be in Chilliwack about the 2nd week of January. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:29 PM   #74
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
You can pick my brain this weekend. WE expect to arrive in Eldridge on noon Saturday. We are in Buffalo, Wy tonite for our first night of camping in Prairie Schooner. We napped last night at a truck stop for 4 hours but needed to shower tonite and test everything. Everything checks out, the wheel lugs were still tight, the refrigerator was cold and all systems are up and running.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:46 AM   #75

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
(snip)They hook it up, test the lights and level your trailer if your hitch is adjustable, 19.5" is the ball height on the 19, suggest you get an adjustable in order to raise or lower if needed.
(snip) Total time was about 3 hours from start to finish, they do 2 a day I think.
We've already scheduled our orientation and was told they did 2 per day for Americans as they needed to get the trailers across the border before 4PM or else they'd have to pay a fine (or some such) of $75. Something about the commercial crossing shutting down, which I thought was rather strange. But, since I've never done a commercial crossing and they're far more expert at it than I ever will be, I'll go with what they say.

For us Americans the orientations are scheduled for 8 and 11AM. We're allowed 2 hours for the trailer orientation, which will also include anything they need to install. Then half hour each to finalize the paperwork and hitch the trailer to the vehicle.

I snagged the 11AM one so we can drive up that morning.

Good info on the adjustable hitch - was not aware of that!

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote