Schematic for 19 foot Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
Schematic for 19 foot Escape

Adding schematic for 19 foot.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This is YOUR build right? Not the default from ETI?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #3

Schematic from Crystal, no changes, standard locations for plugs, and numbering for walls to choose reinforced ones, I chose 1 and 6, though seems like 2 is wall for coax for tv.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
No sense in getting reinforced walls without getting the tv hookups at the location also, otherwise the reinforcement is not needed. In addition, in both of my Escapes that had reinforced walls I ended up installing the tv mount along the edge where it is "stock" reinforced. No sense in adding the weight needlessly.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape
Schematic does not show exterior 120V outlet.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
For a second the thread name gave me hope that someone else had actually taken the time to do a 12 volt schematic. Still on the to-do list for me.

Gotta agree with ordering reinforced walls on spec. There are usually ways to mount things pretty much anywhere. Looking at build photos showing the interior structure of the walls is helpful.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Just a minor point here but when I picked up the trailer, Reace installed Umbra hooks on the two walls of the my wardrobe and neither wall was "reinforced." The trailer is out in storage so I can't remember--he may have placed a piece of lath or something like that on the interior to catch the screws but I really don't think so. On the exterior door side (three hooks), I hang coats and my walking stick. On the other side by the dinette (two hooks), I hang my binocs and camera. This does not compare with the placement of a television.
Attached Thumbnails
Egbert-014.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Just a minor point here but when I picked up the trailer, Reace installed Umbra hooks on the two walls of the my wardrobe and neither wall was "reinforced." The trailer is out in storage so I can't remember--he may have placed a piece of lath or something like that on the interior to catch the screws but I really don't think so. On the exterior door side (three hooks), I hang coats and my walking stick. On the other side by the dinette (two hooks), I hang my binocs and camera. This does not compare with the placement of a television.
Did you order umbra hooks and then fedex/ups them to ETI?

I guess only real need is for coat, etc. on reinforced wall, not a TV watcher!

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56reader View Post
Some have done that, but we ordered 2 Umbra Hooks and did not ship them to ETI, mainly because the shipping costs to Canada started piling up. We will be taking them with us and ask them to install them on the day of pickup. ETI is great about things like that. Another benefit is that we can mark exactly where we want them installed.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Did you order umbra hooks and then fedex/ups them to ETI?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Some have done that, but we ordered 2 Umbra Hooks and did not ship them to ETI, mainly because the shipping costs to Canada started piling up. We will be taking them with us and ask them to install them on the day of pickup. ETI is great about things like that...
It may save you a few dollars in shipping to bring it with you, but it can wreak havoc with ETI's schedule if they are forced to install multiple doodads on the day of pickup. The way I see it is that the folks at ETI are very busy and I wanted to let them finish our Escape as much as possible within their own schedule, thus, I tried to bring a minimum of items requiring their time to install on pick-up day. Early in the build, I sent a large box to Escape via mail containing an assortment of items for our trailer. The only item we brought with us requiring ETI assistance on pick-up day was our Tekonsha Prodigy RF brake controller that needed to be installed on the front frame of the trailer, and we asked Tammy weeks in advance if we could have their assistance with that.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
I took my 5-hook Umbra to ETI on one of my earlier trips but Reace wanted to wait for pick up so I could tell him exactly where I wanted them. He cut the 5-hook unit into one 3-hook unit and one 2-hook unit and then installed them.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
It may save you a few dollars in shipping to bring it with you, but it can wreak havoc with ETI's schedule if they are forced to install multiple doodads on the day of pickup. The way I see it is that the folks at ETI are very busy and I wanted to let them finish our Escape as much as possible within their own schedule, thus, I tried to bring a minimum of items requiring their time to install on pick-up day. Early in the build, I sent a large box to Escape via mail containing an assortment of items for our trailer. The only item we brought with us requiring ETI assistance on pick-up day was our Tekonsha Prodigy RF brake controller that needed to be installed on the front frame of the trailer, and we asked Tammy weeks in advance if we could have their assistance with that.
I don't disagree. We did ask if they could be installed on the day of pickup. Also, the vast majority of the custom items were shipped to ETI, and will already be installed when the trailer is done. As long as it's just a minor item like this, I don't see it as a big deal. Yes ETI is busy, but a ten minute item like this won't wreak havoc on their schedule.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
ETI day of pick up work

We had some umbra hooks shipped to ETI -- but they didn't install them until the morning of our pickup. Reace wanted us to tell him exactly where to put them. The same was true of our TV mounts. We didn't bother reinforcing any walls. I had discussed it with Tammy, and she said that as long we were just hanging coats, hats, etc from the hooks we were fine. Reace did do a bit of tapping around to find some sort of re-inforcement on the walls before he put the screws in, but it wasn't too much.

But, the points about disrupting the work flow are well taken. ETI was well aware that we were asking them to do these installations, and were waiting for us bright an early on the day of pickup.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Gotta agree with ordering reinforced walls on spec.
Ron, I never had any walls reinforced, it wasn't even and option then, and I have a couple magazine racks, and a row of coat hooks solidly mounted, no problem.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 AM   #15

In regards to umbra hooks, Crystal responded back to my inquiry regarding whether or not to reinforce walls.

If installed in top of wall, there is a 4 inch brace, if installed lower then should reinforce wall.
I would want them up anyway, so I think the reinforced wall is not needed for the umbra hooks.

Thanks for post it is very helpful in making decisions.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Ron, I never had any walls reinforced, it wasn't even and option then, and I have a couple magazine racks, and a row of coat hooks solidly mounted, no problem.
Maybe I should have re-phrased my comment, but that's exactly what I meant. Usually, especially if you look at build photos for info, there's a way to mount things without ordering reinforced walls.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote