stock fabric, laminate and decal color choices - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I've been searching in earnest to find the subject samples and while I'm sure these choices would be addressed during the ordering process. I was just wanting to see the choices prior to placing an order.

I understand the complications of presenting such choices because fabric suppliers change their inventory every year or two. Therefore, you would inevitably run into clients that would want "something from last year" model that would place hardship and extra work on production staff unnecessarily.

Just curious is all...
FYI:
ETI gave me an address of a fabric supplier (US) that offers a wide choice and various fabric "sturdiness" ratings most fabrics: Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969.

We ordered what we wanted (Sailrite billed us) and had it shipped to directly to ETI. Any Formica brand is accepted, we went to a local hardware store and picked our choice there, gave the part # to ETI so they can order it.

ETI also specifies this: "If you could send me a picture of your fabric I can confirm it is a solid with no repeating pattern or need to place in a vertical or horizontal pattern. Can you confirm if you would like to do a full wrap on your cushions or just the standard wrap with vinyl on the back. I have included a picture of the vinyl for your reference. This will determine the amount of fabric you will need to order."

In our case we had to order 17 yards from Sailrite. We are keeping the standard flooring. Note that there is an extra charge for custom fabric & Formica.

Hope this helps.

bitsnbytes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:50 PM   #32

Trailer: Currently Chalet Aspen-- Escape 17A on order!
In an exciting development, I now need to confirm my build by 12/21. I have found a couple of formica samples I like, and have shopped around the nearest big city looking at fabric but am not having a lot of luck. I would like to actually feel them, and some samples are on their way.

There are a few items I am still vacillating about. I'll find the appropriate spots to ask my remaining questions.

h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:34 AM   #33

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Sailrite has been commonly used by people here. There are also some companies in Canada that people have used to save on shipping.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #34

Trailer: Currently Chalet Aspen-- Escape 17A on order!
Cathy, i am looking at sailrite. If you have the names of any other Canadian fabric companies, would you please list them or message me the names? Thanks!

And thanks to whomever for the fabric.com lead. Five samples on the way from them.

h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote