stock fabric, laminate and decal color choices - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Why do we all love THE OUTDOORS then so much?

It’s called camping “in style”!!!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks for the pics. Is it the light, or is the current formica different from what's pictured in the 17A photos on the 17A page? thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Thanks for the pics. Is it the light, or is the current formica different from what's pictured in the 17A photos on the 17A page? thanks.
It's the same. The lighting makes a big difference.

We think the stock fabric, flooring and Formica looks fine, but one of the coolest things about Escape vs other brands is the ability to customize all that and make it your own. You'd be surprised at how a small change in fabric and countertop colors can make the trailer look completely different.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post

We think the stock fabric, flooring and Formica looks fine, but one of the coolest things about Escape vs other brands is the ability to customize all that and make it your own. You'd be surprised at how a small change in fabric and countertop colors can make the trailer look completely different.
Yes, it is something to see the completely different interior designs that people choose. Really makes Escapes that much more interesting.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post

We went with the stock for over 3 -4 years . But thanks to the push I got from Laura we changed fabric and table, shelf's . Linda was ready for this change in the beginning . I really do love some color when I go in the trailer now . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #26

Thanks, rbryan4. i don't mind the floor and formica, but I really want different upholstery. I ordered some samples from Sailrite. 'Course my date is 8/8 so I have a lot of time to ponder. Maybe I'll go locally to some black Friday sales and see what I can find. I am having two dinettes so I presume I would just double the stated fabric in the build sheet.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Thanks, rbryan4. i don't mind the floor and formica, but I really want different upholstery. I ordered some samples from Sailrite. 'Course my date is 8/8 so I have a lot of time to ponder. Maybe I'll go locally to some black Friday sales and see what I can find. I am having two dinettes so I presume I would just double the stated fabric in the build sheet.
We got our Sunbrella fabric from Sailrite as well. What I liked about them was that they were relatively inexpensive, and they shipped directly to Escape in Chilliwack.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #28

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We went with the stock for over 3 -4 years . But thanks to the push I got from Laura we changed fabric and table, shelf's . Linda was ready for this change in the beginning . I really do love some color when I go in the trailer now . Pat
And it looks so much better now! And those spiffy pillows really help.

Wonder if they have Shih Tzus frolicking on the beach fabric?

Quote:
Don't assume! Double check with ETI on how much fabric you need. And with them being in Canada, they're not going to be closed on Thursday and Friday like many American companies.

And take into consideration if you want fabric on both sides instead of the stock vinyl on one side.

Have fun!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #29

Trailer: August 2017 17b
I figured (1) I'd stop noticing the floor pretty quickly -combination of rugs and not tending to look down much. (2) I can change the fabric easily enough, if I ever find one I'm enticed by. ....But the custom formica? (A) changing isn't in my better skill set (B) I found an option which simply makes me smile.
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
And it looks so much better now! And those spiffy pillows really help.

Wonder if they have Shih Tzus frolicking on the beach fabric?

Don't assume! Double check with ETI on how much fabric you need. And with them being in Canada, they're not going to be closed on Thursday and Friday like many American companies.

And take into consideration if you want fabric on both sides instead of the stock vinyl on one side.

Have fun!
Forgot the beautiful pillows ! Let me know if you find such fabric. Has to be dignified not comical . There is only so far I will go. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 2018 / 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I've been searching in earnest to find the subject samples and while I'm sure these choices would be addressed during the ordering process. I was just wanting to see the choices prior to placing an order.

I understand the complications of presenting such choices because fabric suppliers change their inventory every year or two. Therefore, you would inevitably run into clients that would want "something from last year" model that would place hardship and extra work on production staff unnecessarily.

Just curious is all...
FYI:
ETI gave me an address of a fabric supplier (US) that offers a wide choice and various fabric "sturdiness" ratings most fabrics: Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969.

We ordered what we wanted (Sailrite billed us) and had it shipped to directly to ETI. Any Formica brand is accepted, we went to a local hardware store and picked our choice there, gave the part # to ETI so they can order it.

ETI also specifies this: "If you could send me a picture of your fabric I can confirm it is a solid with no repeating pattern or need to place in a vertical or horizontal pattern. Can you confirm if you would like to do a full wrap on your cushions or just the standard wrap with vinyl on the back. I have included a picture of the vinyl for your reference. This will determine the amount of fabric you will need to order."

In our case we had to order 17 yards from Sailrite. We are keeping the standard flooring. Note that there is an extra charge for custom fabric & Formica.

Hope this helps.
bitsnbytes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #32

In an exciting development, I now need to confirm my build by 12/21. I have found a couple of formica samples I like, and have shopped around the nearest big city looking at fabric but am not having a lot of luck. I would like to actually feel them, and some samples are on their way.

There are a few items I am still vacillating about. I'll find the appropriate spots to ask my remaining questions.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:34 AM   #33

Sailrite has been commonly used by people here. There are also some companies in Canada that people have used to save on shipping.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #34

Cathy, i am looking at sailrite. If you have the names of any other Canadian fabric companies, would you please list them or message me the names? Thanks!

And thanks to whomever for the fabric.com lead. Five samples on the way from them.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #35

This is a question about laminate and trim. My formica is going to be pretty light. Debating between cream and brown. Anyone have photos that might help me make up my mind? thanks!
I'm going to go peruse the friday photos as well.
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #36

Who here used a fabric company in Canada and can give the name?

As for trim, I don't know if photos would help as it may look different in person. But maybe you could tell.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:12 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Your escape sales person can send you a photo of the 4 trim colors. I am also going for a light colored formica (wheatgrass strand) and I am debating between the white and cream.
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #38

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
trim colors
Attached Thumbnails
Trim Options on Counter.jpg  
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:59 AM   #39

Thank you.
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #40

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Thank you.

Ya problem is the picture does not show it well. You can also go threw some of the photos posted under its Friday thread.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote