stock fabric, laminate and decal color choices - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
stock fabric, laminate and decal color choices

I've been searching in earnest to find the subject samples and while I'm sure these choices would be addressed during the ordering process. I was just wanting to see the choices prior to placing an order.

I understand the complications of presenting such choices because fabric suppliers change their inventory every year or two. Therefore, you would inevitably run into clients that would want "something from last year" model that would place hardship and extra work on production staff unnecessarily.

Just curious is all...

TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I've been searching in earnest to find the subject samples and while I'm sure these choices would be addressed during the ordering process. I was just wanting to see the choices prior to placing an order.

I understand the complications of presenting such choices because fabric suppliers change their inventory every year or two. Therefore, you would inevitably run into clients that would want "something from last year" model that would place hardship and extra work on production staff unnecessarily.

Just curious is all...
If someone has not done so by tomorrow I'll take pictures of the stock flooring, fabric and counter tops. We decided the stock stuff looked fine. Near as I can tell they have used the same materials for a long time.

wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
If you ask ETI, they will send you samples of the stock items to view. We did that kinda late in the process, but found it VERY helpful. Iíve been able to coordinate dishes, placemats, napkins, decorative pillows, towels and bedding by taking the samples to stores with me. Such fun! I chose to get different upholstery and went with the stock Formica and flooring which coordinate nicely with my fabric. Canít wait to see it in real life!
Hereís the fabric sample we selected through Sailrite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 14749529-FEC9-4E3A-88AF-D2F2F9474F69.jpeg (42.8 KB, 265 views)

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
You are buying a trailer that a main positive is the ability to customize it. Having bought a used 17B as our first Escape that was completely stock AND attending the Escape Rally we got great ideas. One regret is not having better flooring installed. The stock stuff is ok, however treat yourself an ounce or two and get some fabric you love and a counter top that gives you some punch...and get a better quality vinyl!

After detailing our 21, boy am I glad it is naked- no vinyl. Otherwise you are taping it all off when you remove oxidation...fyi.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I winterized Ten Forward today, so I got to visit. After more than three years, I'm still very happy with my fabric and Formica choices... almost giddy. I went with the stock flooring and to me, it doesn't much matter because most of it is covered with throw rugs. Okay, I wish it were 2 or 3 shades darker. Closer to dirt, mud and pine needle colors

But whatever you decide, you're going to be happy. And even if you decide in the future to change fabrics, flooring and/or the Formica... that can be done. Some money and/or some effort, but it won't take away from the memories you make for where you go or the fun you'll have.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #6

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I've always wondered if ETI bought about twelve million yards of the fabric they're currently using as they've been using it for quite some time now. When someone lists their trailer for sale, I'm always curious if it's the current stock fabric or the one before that (which I think is nicer than what they're currently offering).

Being able to get custom fabric, flooring and countertop was a HUGE appeal for both of us and one of the reasons we went with it (among other reasons, of course).

When I was at the factory last week getting the awning fixed, I chatted to two other couples. We all agreed that getting choices in those areas was great and a huge appeal.

So, yeah, get the samples from ETI and start cruising various websites for the formica choices as well as fabric choices. Visit a local flooring store and see what all they have. Then contact Pioneer Building in Chilliwack (where ETI gets stuff from) and see if they can order it for you. They're well used to taking orders for Escape trailers.

Figure out if it's worth the extra money to get those done now. Or if you even want to do it later. I know others have switched at a later date. We just decided to do it from the get-go. And have not regretted the extra costs one single smidgen of a minute. I can just feel my whole body smile when I look at my fabric, countertop and flooring. After almost a year with the trailer, I still get great enjoyment looking at them. I hope that feeling will never go away. It would never have been there (for us) with the stock options.

I did not go with the rugs option like many do. Just one more thing for me to trip over in my size 11s.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I did not go with the rugs option like many do. Just one more thing...
...to clean for me. I only have a small rug at my entry but then with the compact (not small!) 15, there's not a whole lot of floor to cover anyway. And while the custom vinyl came with a little sticker shock, I don't regret it one bit as I still think it's beautiful--even after four years.

And to carry on from another thread: the 15A has the best floor plan of all.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
And to carry on from another thread: the 15A has the best floor plan of all.
I love these discussions, makes me chuckle. Aren't we all glad we got what we got and that makes "it" the best floor plan of all
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I love these discussions, makes me chuckle. Aren't we all glad we got what we got and that makes "it" the best floor plan of all
Yes, we all have the best floor plan!

And the best fabric and counters and floors!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:41 AM   #10

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Yes, we all have the best floor plan!

And the best fabric and counters and floors!
Why do we all love THE OUTDOORS then so much?