Trailer storage cover - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
Pat, I would love to hear your report after you remove the cover on your trailer. I agree on the good waxing, also am interested in shade sails. I have to do something. The sun in the Las Vegas desert will destroy almost anything, if giving enough time...thanks for sharing.
No problem Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
santacruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 686
Quality is a lot like buying oats. If you want nice, clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well that comes a little cheaper.
In my opinion the CalMark cover is well worth the price.
__________________

__________________
2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Quality is a lot like buying oats. If you want nice, clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well that comes a little cheaper.
In my opinion the CalMark cover is well worth the price.
I totally agree, just want to make sure that having a cover (good quality) will not leave permanent marks on the trailer as some have noted. If its only the cheap ones causing the issues, I'll be happy to spend the extra $$$ for ensuring good protection for my trailer
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
santacruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 686
I've had CalMark covers on the last two trailers, and haven't had either of them leave a mark. Dust WILL get underneath, though, so it pays to take them off periodically and wash the trailer. Also, be certain you aren't putting the cover on with something on the roof, such as a leaf, branch, bird poop, or even a dead insect.
__________________
2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,350
FYI:
Calmark now has the current measurements for the Classic 17. I work 2 miles from them (They're in Oxnard, CA), so I left our 17-(2015 model) there one day. They used a laser-scanner to digitally measure the trailer with all its appendages (awning, A/C, Maxxfan, spare tire, storage box).
I also mentioned to them that ETI has new models coming out, so they're very interested in being able to measure the new ones accurately.
Great Company, great product.
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
RLTW
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:21 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
FYI:
Calmark now has the current measurements for the Classic 17. I work 2 miles from them (They're in Oxnard, CA), so I left our 17-(2015 model) there one day. They used a laser-scanner to digitally measure the trailer with all its appendages (awning, A/C, Maxxfan, spare tire, storage box).
I also mentioned to them that ETI has new models coming out, so they're very interested in being able to measure the new ones accurately.
Great Company, great product.
They came to our home with their laser -scanner to measure our 19. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,849
Quick, someone with a 5.0TA stop in and have it scanned.

Best I could do was do my own measurements and send pictures.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Quick, someone with a 5.0TA stop in and have it scanned.

Best I could do was do my own measurements and send pictures.
I'm thinking of doing just that. I am going to call them and see if I can make an appointment in July. I can't get there until then, and don't want to leave it.
__________________

Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accessories, uv protection

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.