Water Heater Cam Loc How Too - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Water Heater Cam Loc How Too

When I had my Casita I noticed that the Cam-Loc ring that secures that water heater door was made of plastic. Not sure if they are still using plastic, but thought I would post how to change it to a metal one. Plastic can become brittle over time and if it breaks the door can swing open. Metal ring will be better for the long haul.

Looks like the part number has changed to 09213 since I wrote this, but just search on camco camloc and look for the ones with metal ring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CamLoc Replacment.pdf (149.7 KB, 54 views)
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
When I had my Casita I noticed that the Cam-Loc ring that secures that water heater door was made of plastic. Not sure if they are still using plastic, but thought I would post how to change it to a metal one. Plastic can become brittle over time and if it breaks the door can swing open. Metal ring will be better for the long haul.

Looks like the part number has changed to 09213 since I wrote this, but just search on camco camloc and look for the ones with metal ring.
Go to the Little House Casita website . Larry Gamble sells the metal lok ring . The ring comes with installation instructions but the installation is self explanatory if you look at it.
We live in a cooler climate and the plastic lok ring gets brittle in winter. One of the first mods I made to my Casita.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Yep, at Littlehousecustoms.com One of my first mods on the Escape also.

$3.49

STEEL WATER HEATER DOOR LATCH

Your plastic water heater door latch will break eventually. Why wait? Duct tape is about the only solution when it does. If your grip isn’t what it used to be, this one is strong enough to grab with pliers.

Steel Water Heater Door Latch $3.49 Add to Cart
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote