For Sale 2012 17b - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Hang in there, somebody wants it for this summer, they are probably just waiting for your next move. I still think Escape trailers are under priced for what you get and that's why used prices are moving up.
A respected real estate agent once told me when we were listing, that your home is worth what the market will pay, not what you think it's worth.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #22

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcdonaher View Post
A respected real estate agent once told me when we were listing, that your home is worth what the market will pay, not what you think it's worth.
Good point!

Your build list and extras are 2 years old.

Any item for sale at the right price will sell .... so keep the faith my friend.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcdonaher View Post
Hang in there, somebody wants it for this summer, they are probably just waiting for your next move. I still think Escape trailers are under priced for what you get and that's why used prices are moving up.
It's not the end of the world if it doesn't sell by the time I pick up the 19. I'll just have 2 Escapes in the driveway. There are already two trucks there, I'll have a fleet! I was going to sell the Tacoma when I bought the Tundra, but have decided to hold onto that a while longer, since I have it pretty well equipped for hunting and fishing.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Yes, The most important things about about buying or selling any item is not to be in hurry.

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
My husband and I are looking for a new-to-us 17' Escape and while yours looks very nice, it has a number of options we would not want. And aren't willing to pay for.
I showed it to him and his response was, "If we are going to spend $24,000, we might as well get a new one".

I just could not bring myself to pay over $20,000 (US) for a used trailer no matter how "new" it seems.
Just my .02. I do wish you the best luck selling.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hey Bob (Santacruzer)-when I bought my 17B last September in Bend, OR I saw later that KarenH sold a 2010 17B for $21K. Spoke with her afterwards for comp value and she told me she got full price and had 2 backup offers.

I was a little surprised that mine didn't sell right away, yet have had several serious inquiries right after I accepted an offer. Timing is all.
Not telling my 20 year-old because I know I would have a fight. He'd try to convince me that he could use it for housing at Feather River College.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Kinda like a sticks 'n bricks home and waiting for the stock market to move in your favor.

If you are selling and you get the bucks you want/need, don't look BACK, don't look back.

There's always a better deal to be had... or a huge loss, if you're willing to wait for it!

Location, location, location....
Old 07-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Well...at a base price of CA$22,500 for a 2015, and adding the extras I put on on it (see build list), I came up with CA $28,515, which at today's exchange rate is US $26,500, I figured I'm in the ballpark.
Although we are not interested in a 17' Escape, I do have some feedback for you.

Basing your figures on the price of a new 2015 may be your biggest hinderance to selling.

Base your asking price on what you paid when you bought it in Cdn. dollars, then account for reasonable depreciation and you may get more serious interest.

Granted, summer is said to be the best time to sell this type of vehicle and you may find a desperate buyer yet, but similar to your ability to wait, many buyers can also wait either til later in the year for a lower priced trailer or for a new unit to be produced by the factory.

I speak from experience as a buyer. We are not willing to pay asking price of the well equiped & personalized units we've seen, rather we're waiting for a new one that we can personalize ourselves. If we can't save money buying used, we'll gladly buy new.

As some previous commenters have said already, if it's priced right it will sell.

Best of luck with your sale.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Pricing opinions should not be discussed here and in the future some moderation will occur if it continues. As an ex-moderator over at FGRV I am too familiar to several FOR Sale threads going south and complaints being filed. As a result, more stringent moderation took place, particularly in the For Sale threads. What Jim Bennett stated is what the rules are there on FGRV and on this forum, same owners, same rules.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:26 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The posts questioning the prices have been moved here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...html#post57771