For Sale SOLD: 2013 Escape 5.0 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
SOLD: 2013 Escape 5.0

We are selling our Escape 5.0 to move up to a larger camper. Looking to go larger with my extended family growing.

This camper is nearly loaded and comes with a calmark cover, bipod forward hitch support, hitch, and television. See attachments for some photos and attached PDF docs that give all the details. I can link you to my dropbox for lots of pictures. Fantastic Condition. All you will need is a truck with hitch rails and a basic starter kit.

Price reduced to $25,000.00 USD Located just south of Atlanta Georgia. Send a message if you are interested.

Todd and Kim Day
Attached Thumbnails
2013-08-01 13.27.54.jpg   2013-08-01 13.26.27.jpg   2013-08-01 13.25.37.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 5.0 Brochure.pdf (139.1 KB, 153 views)
File Type: pdf 2013 Escape 5.0 additions.pdf (38.4 KB, 165 views)
Old 11-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #2

Some additional pictures... more to come

See Weight PDF below for details...

Also, price is negotiable, not fixed.

Thanks for looking!

Todd
Attached Thumbnails
2013-07-26 06.56.15.jpg   2013-08-01 13.28.17.jpg   2013-08-01 13.28.35.jpg   2015-06-17 15.46.52.jpg   erqwerqwerq3.jpg  

Todd Day 022.jpg   Todd Day 023.jpg   Todd Day 024.jpg  
Old 11-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #3

Some more...

These photos were taken at the factory except for the camping spot is in South Carolina. The spare has the vinyl cover with the Canadian leaf on it. The black truck was a V6 but was involved in an accident. The white truck replaced it and has the V8 Hemi in it... it doesn't even know that the trailer is there. See the weights pdf below.

Todd
Attached Thumbnails
Todd Day 025.jpg   Todd Day 026.jpg   Todd Day 027.jpg   2014-10-18 18.32.48.jpg   Photo Oct 30, 4 16 26 PM.jpg  

Photo Oct 30, 4 18 10 PM.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 ESCAPE 5.0 Weights.pdf (40.6 KB, 98 views)
Old 11-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #4

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s56bomj1...bh62k429a?dl=0

More Pictures...
Old 11-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #5

Many people have asked how many miles are on the camper... approximately 6300 miles.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #6

Trailer: looking to purrchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by itoddday View Post
Many people have asked how many miles are on the camper... approximately 6300 miles.

Is it still for sale?

How much?

Can it be towed using a gooseneck trailer hitch?

Thanks

Nancy

Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
Is it still for sale?

How much?

Thanks

Nancy

Hi Nancy, Yes, it is still for sale. I have dropped the price to $25000.00 but i am not sure on how to get the post edited. I am pretty sure that an adapter is available to pull with a gooseneck. I have seen post on here before about that, but a call to ETI and a chat with Reece will clear that right up. PM if you are interested in seeing the trailer and want to discuss further.

Todd
Old 12-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Nancy, Yes, it is still for sale. I have dropped the price to $25000.00 but i am not sure on how to get the post edited. I am pretty sure that an adapter is available to pull with a gooseneck. I have seen post on here before about that, but a call to ETI and a chat with Reece will clear that right up. PM if you are interested in seeing the trailer and want to discuss further.

Todd
Thank you for the prompt response.

We only have $19,000.00 cash.

Take care.

Nancy

Old 12-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
That depends on what you mean by a "gooseneck hitch".

Any fifth-wheel trailer can be towed with the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection system; several current Escape owners have chosen that system, which can be anchored to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. I suggest searching this forum for "Andersen Ultimate" to find information about use of this product with Escapes, including this 5.0.

There are adapters which attach to the trailer and extend down to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. While this type of adapter could be used with any fifth-wheel trailer (including this Escape), the Escape 5.0 is not structurally suitable for this method of towing.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Is it still for sale?

How much?

Thanks

Nancy

Hi: Contumacious... The trailer towing "Oracle" has spoken!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 12-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

Any fifth-wheel trailer can be towed with the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection system; several current Escape owners have chosen that system, which can be anchored to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. I suggest searching this forum for "Andersen Ultimate" to find information about use of this product with Escapes, including this 5.0.

There are adapters which attach to the trailer and extend down to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. While this type of adapter could be used with any fifth-wheel trailer (including this Escape), the Escape 5.0 is not structurally suitable for this method of towing.

Thank you Bryan and Merry Xmas.

What adapters would you recommend for safely jackknifing when backing up?

Nancy

Old 12-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

Thanks for the great info Brian!
Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #13

Its still for sale... I will sell for $23,000

Todd
Old 02-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Its still for sale... I will sell for $23,000

Todd

Ahhh, I so wish you were closer to VA!! I have looked at a Scamp fifth wheel but not the Escape. We didn't like a small leak we noticed forming in the door of the scamp and we also didn't like how many mods the owner had to do even after adding on options to his build. His wasn't for sale, we strictly were just looking at his to see if it was something we would be interested in ordering. It was also a little tight but I notice the Escape says it's about an inch taller on height. I wonder if that makes a true difference when inside the unit. I also like the layout of the bed much better on the Escape. Do you have pictures of the bathroom. Would you say you feel cramped when trying to shower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Quote:
I so wish you were closer to VA!!
You are kidding aren't you. A rare trailer like this up for sale a mere 600 miles away and you wish it was closer! I bet there are only ten of these trailers east of the Mississippi. Two in Missouri, two in Iowa, don't count: the one in Illinois counts, the one in Mass. there must be a few more. Not sure I can come up with 10.

I do not think you are a serious buyer.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark8 View Post
Ahhh, I so wish you were closer to VA!! I have looked at a Scamp fifth wheel but not the Escape. We didn't like a small leak we noticed forming in the door of the scamp and we also didn't like how many mods the owner had to do even after adding on options to his build. His wasn't for sale, we strictly were just looking at his to see if it was something we would be interested in ordering. It was also a little tight but I notice the Escape says it's about an inch taller on height. I wonder if that makes a true difference when inside the unit. I also like the layout of the bed much better on the Escape. Do you have pictures of the bathroom. Would you say you feel cramped when trying to shower?

I have added pictures of the bathroom into my drop box and they can be viewed here... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s56bomj1...bh62k429a?dl=0

I didn't realize I had no pictures of the bathroom in there.

I'm 6 foot and 240 pounds... The bathroom is small but manageable for me. I have head room and enough room to get the job done comfortable, but it is not as small a Casita... I couldn't move in one of them, and my head rubbed the ceiling.

Todd
Old 02-03-2017, 11:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
You are kidding aren't you. A rare trailer like this up for sale a mere 600 miles away and you wish it was closer! I bet there are only ten of these trailers east of the Mississippi. Two in Missouri, two in Iowa, don't count: the one in Illinois counts, the one in Mass. there must be a few more. Not sure I can come up with 10.

I do not think you are a serious buyer.

Wow, that was unnecessary considering you aren't even the seller! Step back would you!

Old 02-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #18

Quote:
I have added pictures of the bathroom into my drop box and they can be viewed here... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s56bomj1...bh62k429a?dl=0

I didn't realize I had no pictures of the bathroom in there.

I'm 6 foot and 240 pounds... The bathroom is small but manageable for me. I have head room and enough room to get the job done comfortable, but it is not as small a Casita... I couldn't move in one of them, and my head rubbed the ceiling.

Todd

Thanks for the bath pictures. Escape gave me a contact for someone local who would possibly allow me to view their 5.0. I'll see if they are available so I have an idea of what I'm looking at in terms of comparison to a scamp. If it's still for sale by that time, I'll reach out. Thank you for the info an additional picks!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #19

Trailer: 2015
Wondering if you got my message yesterday and if you still have your 5.0

Loupehole
Old 02-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #20

Trailer: None
Interested in purchasing

Could you let me know if your Escape 5 is still for sale? I am in Michigan and would like to come to view/buy