Beautiful antique lead crystal chandelier for used Escape 5.0 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalgubbe View Post
As previously stated, I am sorry to have raised the issue here. I thought this was a friendly place, obviously my mistake. Certainly did not intend to imply anyone should give up their possession unless it was of interest to them to do so. We value everyone else's privacy and security, as well as our own.
I can see how you could feel that way, a growing number of folks would agree. But 'by the rules' we can't discuss specifics on this Forum.

Interesting idea of swapping 'things' for a trailer. Your posts opened my eyes to the possibility. Thank you.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 Countryaire, now sold
You are welcome, Klem.

Thank you for your post, Donna. Since we had been reading here for some time, and particularly wanted an Escape 5 O, or 5 TA, we thought this was the best place to offer a trade, never considering it would be met with so many objections.

Personally, I don't believe very many would be willing to reveal what one of the nation's largest private collections of such valuable items (despite anyone's belief to the contrary) looked like in a public forum like this. We do live on an rural acreage protected by security cameras and alarm systems, however the best security is maintained by a certain degree of privacy, no?

Besides, those are not the only things of high value we own. We have been asked by insurance carriers to do our best at protecting them, our home, and acreage. Surely most would understand?

Thank each one for their comments, again, I apologize for even raising the issue here.

We are both veterans (an O3 and O6,) & as stated one of us is disabled as a result of loyal service to The USA, my wife is a DAR Officer, I am a life member of the VFW. We do all we can possibly do for others, so if a desire to protect privacy is to be considered "unfriendly" here, then it is best to just move on, goodbye now.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Gamalgubbe.

While I understand your reasoning to not show photos of your lights you are offering for a trade, you too should understand peoples reluctancy to even begin to venture into such a deal without having a clue on what they are dealing for. Without anything to substantiate your claim to owning these items, this reluctance will always be there. No different than wanting proof someone has the money in the bank for a cash sale.

Would it not be best for you, and get you a better deal, if you were to market these items to someone in the market for them, someone who knows and can appreciate their value? You could just then use the funds from the sale to purchase yourself a new trailer of your liking.

Anyway, the best of luck on your quest for a trailer, they are definitely worth owning.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Dead on Jim. What was strange is that he claimed that posting a pic of a chandelier would be a security risk. I fail to see much risk in that vs announcing that you are residing on a farm in Castle Rock, WA, sitting on a horde of wealth, protected by easily defeated alarms and cameras. Am I missing something here?
Old 09-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
I think everyone has been ridiculously polite to this obvious attempt at a scam - and sorry if I offend any souls that are more trusting than me. I have been chuckling every time I read one of his posts. He just joined the forum and his first posts are about trading chandeliers for an Escape? Anyone wanting to sell such items would be doing so through some type of antique auction or forum not here.
And as far as his supposedly illustrious military career - it is fairly well documented in psychological studies that the military attracts just as many sociopaths as any other profession.
Time to fry some catfish I think...
Jan
Old 09-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #26

Trailer: 1988 Countryaire, now sold
Thank you for commenting JIm.

As previously stated, anyone even interested in such a trade who can verify they have what they claim, only need notify us of a desire to see these items, and they will get a response with the pictured items, provenance, valuations, etc. Not here to scam anyone, own enough already.

My wife and I were just talking of taking thes items to Christies or Sothebys when it came to us someone else in THIS forum might be interested in a trade. And like Donna said, if none are asked, none even have the opportunity for a trade...

Guess like my wife suggested, not enough women read/post here. Rather than sell at auction, My intent is to make a brochure and supply it to upscale interior decorators who likely have a much more receptive audience. Just gave it a try here, and my obvious mistake. None to blame but myself.

My late father-in-law who owned several square Blocks of large buildings in Stockholm with his brothers, is the one who taught me of the value of wise collectable investments. So, I merely followed his counsel, converting cash to importable works of art and antiques, which properly documented avoided Custom duty levies.

Being also a professional artist, born of a professional artist mother, there are specific works hanging in various public places. The trick is to first get them made into color prints, sell 1000 of those prints into the Internet, document the value of those prints, have the original appraised then donate the original to one's favorite school, charity. Taught this technique to a new artist step daughter who is now supporting herself quite well on her lithographs.

Why do I share the idea? Because I have one foot on a banana peel and the other in an open grave, and wish to see as many helped by what I have learned in life as possible. New ideas are quite valuable to those willing to consider them.

Smiling, if none want to trade for a chandelier(s) how about for a 12' beam 30' Luhrs which we previously used as an Auxillary USCG vessel? It has it's own Fifth Wheel trailer which I designed and built using a professional contractor. The trailer frame is sealed and oil contained, making it impossible to rust from the inside.

Ideas put into practice...
Old 09-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Please post a picture of that set up, especially the frame.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #28

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
I'm having a hard time imagining what a chandelier, priced in the 'lower to mid five figure range', would look like. I don't even know how much money that is!
Old 09-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
I'm having a hard time imagining what a chandelier, priced in the 'lower to mid five figure range', would look like. I don't even know how much money that is!
And I'm having a hard time imagining why my passionate explanation as to why I would not trade my 5.0TA for double or triple what I paid for it, or for a "collectible" item for which I have absolutely no interest makes me "unfriendly."
Old 09-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
I think everyone has been ridiculously polite to this obvious attempt at a scam - and sorry if I offend any souls that are more trusting than me. I have been chuckling every time I read one of his posts. He just joined the forum and his first posts are about trading chandeliers for an Escape? Anyone wanting to sell such items would be doing so through some type of antique auction or forum not here.
And as far as his supposedly illustrious military career - it is fairly well documented in psychological studies that the military attracts just as many sociopaths as any other profession.
Time to fry some catfish I think...
Jan
Oh, really?
Being in the medical profession and having a hubby who just retired after 30, I beg to differ. Studies have not shown that to be true, in fact the opposite. Sociopaths can't seem to last because of their lack of self-control.
That aside, I cringed at your comment. Comments like that are probably better not stated.
I, along with others, found this to be a unique way of finding a trailer. Very creative! I wish the guy good luck! BTW, I would also like to see his artwork somewhere! In addition to the chandelier, of course!
Old 09-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Everyone be nice, please.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
NPD runs at 15% in the Air Force. Many sociopaths are very controlled - our local serial killer was a military officer. I work as a professional in the medical field,too with a lot of mentally ill folks and grew up on military bases and was a military spouse for years. The military reflects society as a whole and is not immune to its problems.
This person may be legit but I doubt it given the peculiar syntax/writing style and the ridiculousness of someone trying to trade a chandelier which is likely of no interest to folks who like small fiberglass trailers.
I have no problem being direct when it appears that someone is trying to take advantage of the good people of this community. If you are offended so be it.