For Trade Beautiful antique lead crystal chandelier for used Escape 5.0 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs for Sale
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Countryaire, now sold
Beautiful antique lead crystal chandelier for used Escape 5.0

Hello, new here. Want to trade one (or possibly more) of my high value lead crystal chandelier collection ( imported to USA In 1990 and documented then well over 100 years old ) for pre-owned loaded Escape 5.0 (or 5 TA). Contact here, pm, or email. Many pictures available upon request. ( One set of very early matched, large and small, first electric pair of models. ) More details on profile...

Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Do you have any idea what those lights are worth? A slightly used Escape will be at least 5 figure as in $XX,XXX.00 You maybe better to sell and then buy.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #3

Yessir, I know what they were worth when imported in 1990, well documented as required for customs then. Doubt whether they have lost any value since. Most of them are in the lower to mid five figure range in value. Yes, one could sell them, just thought maybe someone here might wish to acquire one (or more.) As both these Escapes and the chandeliers are collectables, believe it would be possible to do a US 1031 tax free equity exchange. They are quite valuable and highly desirable. I am a 73 yo retired former CFP, and know the value of the items, and have been following these Escape 5.O for some time now.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
As with anything, the chandeliers are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them.
We have a lot of useless collectibles in our house ( anybody want to buy a butter churn? ) and as people downsize or find that they can only afford a small condo, the market shrinks.
Guess you could post a picture to increase the odds, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Old 09-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #5

One chandelier is quite old, only electrified in 1990 for insurance purposes. They range from 400 hand cut lead crystals to 1000 of them, and they are not making any more of them.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Post a picture of them.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Very familiar with Section 1031 "like kind exchanges" but you would be hard pressed convincing titling services there is no sales tax payable to register your trailer, personal property normally is not involved. No gain on trailer owner but you may have a gain which will not be deferred.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I agree with Jim that you should sell them then buy. My folks passed not too long ago and I've got quite a bit of valuable antique items. Appraisers are telling us that young folks don't want these items and the market has really dried up trying to sell antiques, silverware, fine china, etc.
Pictures would help as you never know, they might catch someone, but I doubt the value is what it used to be.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Young folk have concluded that owning stuff is a burden. Not so dumb.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Old 09-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #10

Perfectly willing to email pics to anyone able to prove they have an Escape 5.O or TA. See no reason to post pics here.

Perhaps it was wrong for me to use the Trade Function here. If so, I am sorry. Yes collectable's value is determined by both seller and buyer. One of these chandeliers hung in the home of the then Stockholm Sweden Mayor. Appraisals and provenance help seller and purchaser to reach agreement as to value. Peace.

Closed Thread