For Sale Excellent Buy from Escape Trailer Industries - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
We are not full timers, but we used to think about it a lot. My husband is still employed, although we have summers off. We're buying a 19 for extended trips -- We'll pick it up in late May or early June and travel with it probably for a month or more at that time. We also went through a lot of ideas -- vans, airstreams, A-liners. What it came down to for us is that we wanted the smallest trailer we could get with a queen sized bed. As you may have seen from other posts, i was at the factory last week and I'm really happy now about our choice. Originally we saw a 19 and I thought it might be too small and we looked at a 5.0. Lying down in the 5.0 was important because even though I liked the layout, I didn't like the low ceiling. Others don't mind it, don't even think about it, but that wouldn't have worked for me. If you really know what you want and can visualize the layout, then this 21 could work for you. You say you are leaving in April? Where are you going?
Old 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #22

Trailer: Looking
Ruthe,

We plan on spending some time in Florida. Giving lecture in Orlando in April, then to the Keys. Lots of places we want to experience......! Where do you go for month or more at time?

Mark
Old 11-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #23

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
... Fiberglass mfg's seldom advertise or attend RV shows.
Another reason is that shows are often run by local dealer associations, and Escape (like some other specialty RV manufacturers) do not currently sell through dealers.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #24

Trailer: none as of yet
Oh boy. This has got me thinking now…..
Old 11-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
Mark,

I have a 5.0 if you drive through the Atlanta area, I live south of the city. You are welcome to look at ours, though I know you are eyeballing the 21.

Todd.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #26

How kind of you, Todd. Very much appreciated. Wow; what a great site this is. Could you give me a brief customer satisfaction statement/s about your 19? How long you have it; and how it performs and houses you when out traveling?

Thanks.

Mark Ittleman
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Mark,
Please check your PM. I just sent you a note.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
Old 11-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
While this trailer for sale at Escape (and I believe it's the second one) is a super deal for someone (or a fast-track deal for someone already in the queue), it's sad to know that it must be a cancellation and that someone's dream went up in smoke...
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 11-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
We love it. I bought it earlier this year, and have completed 5 long weekends in it. Usually it is just Kim and I, but we have had my daughter and fiancée along with us too. It sleep 4 well. When traveling, what ever doesn't fit in the truck, we put in the camper. I filled both LP bottles and have not even gone through the first one yet... heater and cooking included. We put the AC on it, and are very glad we did. You know the south! You can hang meat in the trailer with the air full up. With the heater, you get year round camping down here. We got it pretty much loaded. I bought it from Escape like the one you are looking at. It was a lot demo. They put whatever I asked on it for a very reasonable fee in my opinion. I liked the stock interior. Tows like a dream. I got sick on our first trip out and asked my wife to drive it home. She drove it through downtown Atlanta with no problems. I was so proud of her. She said it was easy to tow too. At the campsites, its really easy to set up and tear down. I am a big dude @ 6 feet and 230lbs. I can shower just fine and have plenty of room in the camper. Plenty of room in the bed with the wife... its a full queen. I actually sleep better in it than I do at home! We spend lots of time outside, but when inside, its comfortable and with the TV, just like home. Very cool when it rains, we love the sound of the drops hitting the top. First experience it when I was looking at it in Chilliwack. It used every available spot for storage, and we still have yet to run out of room. These trailers are awesome... promise. And, very economical to tow. I did not want to tow the whole state of Georgia behind the back of my truck. So this was perfect for us. I looked at Casitas, and they were nice, but these just blew it out of the water in my opinion. My head hit the ceiling in the casita. At the steps going up to the bed, I have 6 or more inches to go. I even got head room in the bathroom. The huge windows make it feel very open and spacious. Hope this helps. I do have some photos of it one this site, but I don't know how to link you to them. Maybe someone can help me on that.

Todd
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19ft, birthing date September 3, 2014
Mark someone may have already told you but Matagorda Madness is in two weeks and there will be six Escapes there. No 21s but 19s and 5s, I've got a 19 on order but we are going to look and ask questions for our build list. What part of Houston are you in, we are on the north side in Spring.

Xterra
Escape 19 (09/03/14)
Old 11-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #31

Would love to see your 19; I'd like to get more info about the rally in Matagorda... Thanks. We are in the Meyerland area, near the Meyerland Plaza. Thanks Taryn and Bob.

Mark and Malka
Looking....
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Mark, maybe this link to the Matagorda Madness will help: Matagorda Madness - Home
Old 11-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #33

Thanks Donna D....Malka and I have signed up to attend. Thank you so much for you kindness.

Mark
Houston, Texas
Nissan NV 3500 Cargo Van
looking....
Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Hi Mark,

We just picked up our 21 and love it! Had a 17ft Casita previously, nice little rig but are retired now and want to spend more time out with more room. We took it on a shake down campout and were very comfortable in it and can't wait for some long trips. This is an excellent deal from Escape. We also added solar. Here's a link with a few pics (you can tell we like the WA state ferries but there are some interior shots that might help). You would not be disappointed. Great customer service, high quality product.

Good luck,
8) Dave & Kathie

Escape Pickup 2013 - a set on Flickr
Old 11-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Nice photos. We were particularly interested in your interior shots. I liked counter top colors and fabrics. The interior lighting looked very warm.

Some questions:
What is the surface mounted black box under the refrigerator?
Is that the standard dining table or did you opt for a pedestal model?
Did you get solar? If so, where is the solar monitor mounted?
Are there two doors for under front bed access? From the photo I could only see one. How is access to that area with the door shown? Is there a lid that lifts up under the mattress?
Is the range hood stainless?

Very nice photo staging.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Great pictures Dave and Kathie.

What color code did you order for the countertops? That deep blue looks great inside the trailer.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Nice photos. We were particularly interested in your interior shots. I liked counter top colors and fabrics. The interior lighting looked very warm.

Some questions:
What is the surface mounted black box under the refrigerator?
Is that the standard dining table or did you opt for a pedestal model?
Did you get solar? If so, where is the solar monitor mounted?
Are there two doors for under front bed access? From the photo I could only see one. How is access to that area with the door shown? Is there a lid that lifts up under the mattress?
Is the range hood stainless?

Very nice photo staging.
I'll try to answer some of these, based upon my 21' info
The little box under the refer is the remote for the EMS (an option).
The table is either on pedestal or attached to rear wall, as in the website pictures
Solar would be mounted on the roof in front of a/c but behind the MaxxAir fan
the monitor is installed close to the battery on dinette seat wall
There is an exterior hatch as well as interior as well as the bed lifts up
The range hood standard is white, ss or black is an option
Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
Great pictures Dave and Kathie.

What color code did you order for the countertops? That deep blue looks great inside the trailer.
It's 7018-58 Navy Grafix, matte finish. It really is navy but for some reason in pics with a flash it looks bright blue (but not in real life). - Oh yes and oak trim (you have a choice of trims).
Looks like CP answered some -
Yes the little black box (EMS) is the surge protector.
Escape now considers the double pedestal table the standard - nice and big plus it slides side to side to let you in.
We got solar with a 1500 watt inverter and transfer switch to all outlets and 2 6V batteries - the controls are on the left dinette bench (and batteries under the left dinette).
We got one door (standard) under the bed also there is a hatch under the mattress that lifts up - some have added a door on the other face (toward the front door). You can also access this space from the exterior hatch.
We did not order the SS range hood and were told it is now standard although maybe that's with the oven (?)

Hope this helps - lots of choices!
Kathie
Old 11-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #39

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I haven't paid much attention to trim and no one from Escape ever mentioned it. Is this the trim on the table and the counter? Are oak and white and black the choices?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
the stock trim is like an almond color, there is dark brown available I believe. I ordered dark brown and you can see it in my build pictures. http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...egun-2920.html