FOR SALE: 2015 19’ Escape Trailer: $27,200 USD - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
FOR SALE: 2015 19’ Escape Trailer: $27,200 USD

We are looking for a new home for our 2015 19’ Escape trailer, lovingly well-maintained since its purchase & pick up in the spring of 2015. Our trailer has traveled less than 4000 miles, mostly in Montana, since our favorite lakeside camp spot is only 56 miles away. More recently, we also traveled to Chilliwack and the 2017 Osoyoos rally. While the trailer has minor dings & nicks on the storage box from 2˝ years of seasonal use, it is in excellent condition and everything works. In the off-season, our Escape has been stored in covered outdoor storage.

Thankfully, we are not selling because of ill health. Instead, we are ordering a new Escape [our 3rd!] 19’ even more customized for our current and future camping preferences. If you live close to Missoula, MT, we would even consider driving part-way, depending on timing. We’re always up for a road trip!

Besides the standard 2015 19’ features, we chose many options, listed below along with a list of additional items we added or modified. You’ll find some hyperlinks included in case you are unfamiliar with the item. If you have questions, send a PM please. If you’re a serious buyer, we’ll respond with viewing options and provide a phone number. I'm hoping all the links work.

Escape Options:
2-way [propane & 120 v AC] hot water tank with added LED indicator switch
2 burner stainless steel stove, with stainless steel stove cover: We deleted the range hood from our 2015 build sheet. In our prior 2011 17B, the range hood was too intrusive into our living space. The Max Fan handles everything just fine.
Additional 12 V interior outlet, located end of shelf on passenger side
Additional set of LED vertical brake lights
Additional window over sink: non-opening
Cabinet Door at the end of passenger side dinette bench: opens downward for easy access from entry door
Air Conditioner (Dometic 11,000 BTU)
Microwave ready: includes additional outlet
Bike Rack Ready
Dual 6V Batteries [232 amp hours]: mounted in front storage box
Dual propane tanks: we have filled both tanks for the next owner
Exterior Propane Quick Connect, with hose: for connecting barbecues, grills, & other devices
Exterior shower, driver side: great for rinsing your pets [we had no pets in the trailer], shoes, dishes, etc.
Extra insulation and thermal windows package: what a difference in sound and comfort!
Inverter: 1500 W with transfer switch to all outlets. Used judiciously, you can even microwave briefly.
Interior LED light package: all lights: with the solar panels [below], the lights will run for days consuming little battery power
Extra LED exterior light on driver side: both driver & passenger with amber lenses
Removable Power Cord: keeps creepy critters from crawling in on the cord
Toilet shutoff valve: just in case
Stainless Steel Sink, with Kohler single-handled kitchen faucet we supplied
Front Storage box: one of the best Escape options
TV ready with 120 V outlet: we have no TV but new owners may have one
Wall Mount Extendable TV Arm: still in box for next owner to mount
160 W Solar Panel with charge controller: bolt-on kit installed by ETI, spring 2017: solar panels are essential for boondocking
Raised floor 4 inches at front dinette: for better visibility while seated at dinette
4 12 V wire drops at corners: used for marine fan, extra light, extra 12 V outlet and 3 captains lights, below
Wireless Tadi Brothers [https://www.tadibrothers.com/products/120-rv-backup-wireless-camera-birds-eye-view] rearview & backup camera: we supplied a white camera, installed by ETI, and will include the Rand MacNally RV GPS (RVND™ 7720 LM) monitor if interested
Stabilizing Jack Pads on all 4 stabilizers, great for uneven terrain & sand
Gold Escape Graphics

Modifications:
Installed Springfield® two-stage pneumatic pedestal [https://www.westmarine.com/buy/springfield--anodized-air-powered-3-stage-table-pedestal-adjust-12-3-4-;-20-;-28--17075045?cm_mmc=PS-_-Google-_-GSC%2520-%2520Product%2520Type-_-17075045&product_id=17075045&adpos=1o2&creative=10 8421551124&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cjw KEAjwsqjKBRDtwOSjs6GTgmASJACRbI3fgyu3oxkhH1nE6ljvw MiFEA6Mgf5duDv6BZHNnDTYxhoCTTrw_wcB ] for easy dinette-to-bed and reverse conversion of dinette
Installed Queen Size Ultimate Mattress Safe® RV Mattress Encasement [Ultimate Mattress Encasement - Mattress Safe]: black cover over Walmart foam wedge pad
Installed HyperVent® Mattress Pad [https://www.fisheriessupply.com/hype...-mattress-pads ] under mattress: to avoid any condensation issues
Installed 4 adjustable custom-made shelves in wardrobe unit: place where you needed them
Installed 5 sets of Umbra® hooks [https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0000CAP...ing=UTF8&psc=1]: 3 5-hooks at bath door walls, & dinette wall, and 2 3-hooks at bed end
Installed Caframo® Bora 3-speed Marine Fan [https://smile.amazon.com/Caframo-748...eed+Marine+Fan] at rear passenger side corner, and added auxiliary switch in cabinet: one of the lowest power consumption fans available
Installed Orbis® wastebasket [https://www.lowes.ca/trash-cans/orbi..._g2782771.html] , mounted inside galley cabinet for convenient concealed storage
Installed Kamenstein® paper towel holder [https://www.amazon.com/Kamenstein-Pe...NS7JQNR2H1PHNJ], stainless steel, above sink
Installed 3 captains lights: 2 on front dinette shelf; 1 at bed end
Installed 2 vertical-mount coat hooks at dinette corners
Installed custom-made oak cup/wine glass rack over galley counter
Installed extra 12 V outlet at bed end, next to TV connections: perfect for charging phone
Installed extra LED doorway light
Installed acrylic shelf over the door: for misc. keys, wallets, and misc.
Installed auxiliary passenger side bench cabinet door, easier access than bench top
Installed driver side cabinet cubbyhole, access from under table
Installed Dometic SmartStart® [http://www.suremarineservice.com/290339975.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjwsqjKBRDtwOSjs6GTgmASJ ACRbI3f0bJSk5oDY2auB4_lYIZZWY2A1SBpIujV4Gxy5SF3iRo CDIXw_wcB]: enables Yamaha inverter generator to easily run air conditioner when off the grid
Installed Duragrid® bath shower floor covering (http://www.duragrid.com/shower.html) protect flooring
Installed DIY Lettering® custom reflective vinyl numerals: last 4 digits of VIN number as antitheft deterrent
Many other minor additions & modifications too numerous to mention
Photos: here’s a link to a set of photos of the trailer, including many pics of the modifications. A cautionary note: a previously interested buyer thought we had rented the trailer because of the Flickr address. That is not the case, however; Escape Goats has never been rented or out of our possession. Hope that’s helpful.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/555715...57658723818179

Of course, all original ETI-supplied manuals are included, along with corresponding additional OEM and add-on equipment materials.

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 07-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Klaus and Karen, moving on up!

For anyone that is in the market for a 19, this one is ridiculously well equipped. I'd jump on it.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Wow, nice setup! If only my heart wasn't set on a 5.0!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #4

Deposit received and SALE IS PENDING.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 07-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
Site Team

7 hours. Gotta love Escapes.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
selling a 19 and buying a new 19? what wonderful things are you planning to do to your new trailer? it looks like this trailer had it all!
Old 07-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
WoW Klaus and Karen, beautiful trailer! Love it!! The new owner will be one happy camper!
Old 07-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Help

Hi

I'm just signed up to this board.

Recently I-- learned of the Escape trailer and as you know getting one is tough---To order a new 19' I have to wait until January 2018 to pick it up. Apparently the December production is sold out. You probably have a December delivery--as your add reflected you're buying another 19'.

If by chance the your present sale doesn't work out, and your unit becomes available for sale please allow me the opportunity to speak with you.

If your up for this request--Your knowledge of the 19 would help me navigate through the options. My email is twctim@gmail.com. Currently, my cell services (704-517-4416) is currently not good. I'm camping (tent--and ready to move up) at 8,500' in the Sierra Mountains-today I drove down to the big city, Bishop, Ca.

Thanks in advance for the info you may wish to share on the 19 options.

Best,
Tim Cummings
Old 07-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome aboard Tim. I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much, but just so you know, 6 months is a relatively short wait time for a new Escape. We waited over 9 months for ours in 2015, and last year before the factory expansion was completed, some folks waited almost a year.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #10

Tim,

A serious buyer has provided deposit and we consider our Escape SOLD. I have replied to many subsequent PMs that I will keep a list in the order of expressed interest, should the sale fall through. I will add you to the list.

Hope that helps.

FYI, you will find many Forum members willing to share their option and build sheet choices. Do some searching on the Forum first and post your questions. You'll get lots of informative answers.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 07-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #11

Much Appreciate your guidance--Thanks, Tim
Old 07-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Welcome aboard Tim. I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much, but just so you know, 6 months is a relatively short wait time for a new Escape. We waited over 9 months for ours in 2015, and last year before the factory expansion was completed, some folks waited almost a year.
yes welcome to the forum Tim. We ordered our 21 in August of 2015 and picked it up in October of 2016. So 6 months is not long. Hope you find a used one, if not with new, the time does go buy fast when you start the build sheet.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
That time just flies. We ordered in Sept. of 2014 and picked up in Sept. of 2015. Now in two short months, the warranty will be expiring. And I haven't gotten any younger either.

Good luck in finding the right trailer for you. Loren
Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #14

I don't own an Escape as of today,( ordering for January 18 pickup) thanks to the friendly note I'm feeling part of the Escape community. Much Thanks !
Old 07-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeRunner View Post
I don't own an Escape as of today,( ordering for January 18 pickup) thanks to the friendly note I'm feeling part of the Escape community. Much Thanks !
Well there you go, congrats! Now you can make it just how you want on your build sheet.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 2011 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksitte View Post
Tim,

A serious buyer has provided deposit and we consider our Escape SOLD. I have replied to many subsequent PMs that I will keep a list in the order of expressed interest, should the sale fall through. I will add you to the list.

Hope that helps.

FYI, you will find many Forum members willing to share their option and build sheet choices. Do some searching on the Forum first and post your questions. You'll get lots of informative answers.

Klaus
Congrats on your sale Klaus. Dian and I enjoyed your company at the rally. Hope to meet again..this time in your new trailer.

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old 07-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
Congrats on your sale Klaus. Dian and I enjoyed your company at the rally. Hope to meet again..this time in your new trailer.
Len and Dian,

Hey, thanks! Wonderful pictures of our Osoyoos wine tasting tour group on your blog. It was a blast getting to know you and our fellow Escapees at the rally. Here's hoping our paths will cross next year.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #18
TWH

Trailer: 2005 17
Tell us more

I hope your sales transaction completed smoothly.
I have a few question if you have time to respond.

1. The blue chairs sitting on the dinette benches - that looks like a great idea, what is that product and are you happy with it? Does the design hit the mark or does it need a few more revisions as far as comfort, seat-back angle, butt comfort etc...

2. Would you be willing to share the build specs and options on your new 19'. You guys obviously know this rig well and are willing to spend to maximize your comfort and overall camping experience. I'd love to learn the easy way...from your experience.

3. Since the 21' is only a little heavier and a little more expensive, why have you chosen not to get the extra space at such a minor extra cost.

thanks for sharing you experience and expertise on the 19'
Tim
Old 07-16-2017, 07:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWH View Post
I hope your sales transaction completed smoothly.
I have a few question if you have time to respond.

1. The blue chairs sitting on the dinette benches - that looks like a great idea, what is that product and are you happy with it? Does the design hit the mark or does it need a few more revisions as far as comfort, seat-back angle, butt comfort etc...

2. Would you be willing to share the build specs and options on your new 19'. You guys obviously know this rig well and are willing to spend to maximize your comfort and overall camping experience. I'd love to learn the easy way...from your experience.

3. Since the 21' is only a little heavier and a little more expensive, why have you chosen not to get the extra space at such a minor extra cost.

thanks for sharing you experience and expertise on the 19'
Tim
Tim,
  1. the chairs are from West Marine, called Hi-Back Go-Anywhere Seat [https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...6saAnTr8P8HAQ] We first saw them on the Forum in a posting by fellow Escapee Jon Vermilye. We liked the idea of the extra height, comfort and convenience of the chairs. Karen has abandoned hers but I still use mine and enjoy the armrests and foldability of these chairs. As far as I'm concerned, they're quite comfortable. I notice West Marine has a sale on them right now, FYI. We paid more, darn it, a couple of years ago.
  2. Our next 19 will be mostly Karen's ideas and design, so I'll let her respond to question 2, perhaps later, as we get closer to our a build sheet. And, we'll probably do it under a new posting, okay?
  3. Not going for the 21 was a practical concern. We have a Honda Pilot which tows our 19 quite comfortably. I was not convinced that the Pilot could handle the 21 as easily. And, we like the size and convenience of the 19 for how and where we camp. Some of our spots would definitely be cramped with a 21.
I'll ask Karen into posting something as soon as we get our concept more fully on paper.

Thanks for your interest, Tim.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 07-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #20
TWH

Trailer: 2005 17
Thanks for the quick reply Klaus. I also appreciate the comment that your tow vehicle is a Pilot. I have a Ridgeline and I like hearing that the Honda V-tec motors can comfortably pull the Escapes. The Ridgeline is tuned and geared slightly different from the Pilot but I am sure they are pretty close when comparing tow vehicles.
Have Fun, Tim