FOR SALE - 2016 21ft One of a kind, new condition - Anaheim CA -$28,500 USD - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #1

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
FOR SALE - 2016 21ft One of a kind, new condition - Anaheim CA -$28,500 USD

Nearly new Classic style 21 ft (with airplane door) used just once on a 3 week trip this past August. The trailer looks equal to or better than when we took delivery. No pets, non-smoking owners.

Unique in that it uses a 6.8 cf 12vdc Nova Kool, two door marine refrigerator using DanFoss low energy compressor technology. Trailer batteries are US made 520 amp-hour 6v Lifeline AGM battery bank. Batteries charged with 120vAC Xantrax 40amp temperature sensing charger and 3 stage RedArc tow vehicle battery to trailer house battery charger, separated by ignition activated that prevents tow vehicle battery drain when parked.

Due to this being last or next to last Classic style 21ft off the assembly line, it came with many 2017 features not offered previously as the 2017 models were moving along late 2016. The floorplan's best feature is the rear U shape dinette that allows backing in to more scenic views while dinning, relaxing and just hanging out. We enjoyed this immensely as having this up front usually but not always leaves you with a view of the back of the tow vehicle.

Everything works, not a scratch on it. It's a perfect "travel/on-the-go" large and comfortable trailer. Waited 14 months, took delivery November 2016. We have had no issues with any aspect of the trailer nor the upgraded electric refrigerator/AGM battery storage system. Electrical system tops up while driving allowing 2 to 3 days dry camping (boondocking) easily. We are not stay in one place travelers. Unless solar is added, this configuration is not designed for long term boondocking.

Modifications are functional in nature, not visible in cabin. Cabin is clean, in new condition equal to when we took delivery. No personalized modifications done such as adding shelving, towel bars, hooks, paper towel holders, attachment to any wall, built in electric heater, etc, etc. Looks just like when it was delivered. Three exceptions 1) wall mounted Trimetic battery storage monitor, 2) electric refrigerator intake air grill near foot of bed, 3) ultra-quiet electric refrigerator exhaust fan facing back on driver side dinette. Barely audible if standing next to it.

Kim and I had big plans to personalize and decorate the interior over time, she has very good taste. Unfortunately this purchase did not work out for dear wife and I, we have changed our travel plans for the better. It can be your trailer to personalize now. This includes the clean exterior front wall waiting for a mural.

Clean title. Trailer available now. Will work with you on delivery.

Be happy to answer any questions. If interested please email me at "w721731 at g_m_a_i_l dot com"

FACTORY OPTIONS :

1. Rear U shape dinette - this is our favorite options.

2. Front storage box w/sprayed gravel shield.

3. Thermal dual pane window package.

4. Extra full wall insulation package.

5. Custom Manning cushioned vinyl floor with large spare roll - Manning 130270, Stone Harbor 6" plank layout, Seagull color.

6. Upgraded one hole chrome faucet, Edsvik brand dual cross handle type control.

7. Stainless steel sink with cover.

8. Horton tank sensors, accurate vs stock factory ones which are not.

9. Electric 110v water heater option.

10. (6) 12 vdc electric drops on all overhead cabinets for future lights, stereos, TVs, etc.

11. Reinforced wall between bath and bed to be used for future shelving, etc.

12. Removable sealed screw on marine type 30 amp 110v cord.

13. Outside covered 110vutlet.

14. Aluminum wheels (4).

15. Toilet foot valve.

16. Bank of lights switched at entry door for inside dome, outside porch and utility area on drivers side near water heater.

17. Sand pads that prevents the 4 stabilizers from sinking in mud, hot asphalt and yes sand.

18. Integral fiberglassed blocking between bath door and entry door to attach any future storage cabinet, cubby, etc. Sheet of factory wood panelling available for this. We did not like the standard factory cubby offering.

19. All LED lighting.

20. Shelf over bed headboard.

21. Captain lights over bed.

22. Cabinet over closet microwave ready with 110v outlet protected by one of the AC panel breakers.

23. LED light over 2 burner stove. No hood, opens up room. MaxxFan works far better.

24. Bike rack ready 2" receiver on rear bumper.

25. MaxxFan.

26. Standard non powered opening roof vent wired for second MaxxFan if needed.

27. Air conditioning "ready". Roof reinforced, wired from panel breaker to roof.

AFTER MARKET INSTALLED COMPONENTS:

1. Installed Nova Kool 6.8 cf 2 door 12vdc marine refrigerator. Reliable (set and forget), excellent performance, requires NO site leveling. In an hour makes ice cubes and can be loaded with trip groceries. Additionally because it's electric, no side wall or roof vents were cut at factory creating a better sealed cabin. This offers peace of mind during heavy rains, wind, passing trucks and insect looking for a warm place. For us there is no going back to propane cooling. Noval Kool model 6800 12vdc, manufactured in British Columbia Canada.

2. Lifeline AGM 6v batteries, 520 amp-hours. We dry camped 3 days easily while staying above 50% draw down. Once on the road tow vehicle charges at 40 amp rate using RedArc dc to dc 3 stage charger. No issues with hydrogen gassing in cabin setting off propane alarms. Lifeline models GPL-6CT (2) and GPL-4CT (2) Made in the USA.

3. RedArc 40 amp battery to battery 3 stage tow vehicle charging system mounted in the trailer. Charger has built in MPPT solar regulator for future solar installation. The 4 AWG wire running from tow vehicle battery to trailer and all water resistant connectors, continuos duty ignition controlled solenoid battery disconnect and 60 amp fuse is documented and comes with the trailer. RedArc model BCDC1240-LV.

4. Xantrax True Charge 40amp 110v marine charger good for 3 banks. Uses external temperature sensor attached to AGM battery to modulate bulk charge rate depending on internal battery temperature.

5. Bogart Engineering Trimetric battery system monitor. Programmable, shows % battery drain, amp-hours used or charged, ampere flow in or out of battery system, voltage on up to two batteries and more. Trimetric model TM-2030RV with 500A/50mV shunt.

6. Husky WDH, (weight distribution hitch) with sway control. Husky model 32215 Center Line TS with spring bars. 400 to 600 pound tongue weight capacity and 2" ball. Comes with trailer.

7. Wired backup camera viewed on 7" TFT LCD color display (540TVL resolution), 50ft night vision. Accepts two additional cameras (not supplied). Wired performance far exceeds wireless. Tow vehicle wiring, connectors and viewer comes with trailer. Rear View Safety model RVS-770613-213.

8. Proven Industries brand tongue lock, best tongue lock bar none. Proven model 2516-A.

9. Under bed storage divided in two and insulated. No route to cabin through hatch. Additional foam board insulation under entire bed.

10. All house battery related electrical upgrades documented in schematic.

11. (2) BAL X-Chock wheel stabilizer/locking chock with wrench. BAL model 28012, comes with the trailer.

STANDARD FACTORY EQUIPMENT NOT INSTALLED :

1. Manual awning, although trailer is "awning ready". All factory wood support blocking required to support future install in in place. Factory installed standard wood blocking fiber glassed internally to upper and lower shell.

2. Factory dinette table comes with trailer but not installed. Not greatest design, most people seek better alternative, we certainly were going to. Had factory installed it, we would have been left with 12 holes in very expensive flooring. Temporarily using $13 Wal-Mart folding table. Disassembled table and all hardware comes with trailer.

3. Factory kitchen hood comes with trailer but not installed. Fan and filter not greatest design, noisy with anemic fan. Without it, opens up the room. The MaxxFan removes all cooking odors far better than the noisy, weak standard hood. Hood comes with the trailer.

PHOTOS :

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-62QSs8/
Old 09-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
... Kim and I had big plans to personalize and decorate the interior over time, she has very good taste. Unfortunately this purchase did not work out for dear wife and I, we have changed our travel plans for the better.
I know this must have been a tough decision for you and Kim. Best of luck in your new adventures....
Old 09-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #3

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I know this must have been a tough decision for you and Kim. Best of luck in your new adventures....
Dale, Yes it was. We have enjoyed travel trailers past 30 years. Motorized RVs prior years.
Seems our recent retirement lifestyle change had something to do with this. Can't quite put my finger on it, we planned everything so well.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Enjoyed your posts Santiago.

Someone will get a fine trailer.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Enjoyed your posts Santiago.
Thank you Bruce, I must say I have enjoyed yours these years as well and you started as a newbie !

Not going away from the forum as it's likely the best one regarding RVs, travel and a wide variety of experiences life offers. Learning is wonderful and here I have learned more than I can possibly re-pay.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #6

Posting a few photos from the photo link

Photos from the photo link.
Attached Thumbnails
004 - XT020946.jpg   005 - XT020947.jpg   006 - XT020949.jpg   015 - XT2S1136.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #7

Attached Thumbnails
020 - XT2S1210.jpg   021 - XT2S1220.jpg   023 - XT2S1222.jpg   036 - XT2S1255.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #8

Attached Thumbnails
024 - XT2S1223.jpg   047 - XT2S1258.jpg   051 - XT2S1228.jpg   059 - XT2S1193.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #9

Last ones
Attached Thumbnails
064 - XT2S1257.jpg   XT2S1249.jpg   XT2S1250.jpg   XT2S1251.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Wow! What a 21; anyone looking for a Classic should consider the thought you've put into this. Extraordinary!
Old 09-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Santiago a one of a kind trailer . And it is a "Classic to boot " . Absolutely love your refrigerator and the electronics you installed . Someone is going to be very very lucky ! Pat and Linda
Old 09-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #12

Thank you Pat,

To my knowledge it was first Escape sold without a refrigerator. I can just imagine a production worker's bewilderment likely followed by build order verification as they normally cut side wall vent and roof chimney opening as well as extend propane line to fridge cabinet!

Hopefully someday, for those that want one, future buyers will be able to choose that option on their build sheet, installed and ready to go.

Our next RV will facilitate fast paced touring and will be spec'd exactly the same way. Lifeline AGM battery, 6.8cf 12v marine fridge and incorporating the vehicle's alternator that seamlessly turned it into a rolling generator. This particular formula exceeded our expectations while operating within design parameters.

Kim and I have mixed feeling regarding this sales. Seeking a good home for the Escape we waited for so long to get is certainly the sad part. We recognize that our failure turned into a learning experience. Because of this we are one step closer to succeed with our planned touring of North America over the coming years, that is the good part we are focused on.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:22 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Santiago, I knew that you would be traveling somehow somewhere so we may see you on the road still.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Hi Santiago. Curious as to what your next RV will be?
Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Santiago, I knew that you would be traveling somehow somewhere so we may see you on the road still.
Hi Cathy,

No doubt I will run across many of you over the years mostly at egg gatherings when we can. Quartzsite is on our list as we could not earlier this year. Anytime I see a Boler, old Trillium or similar the excitement makes heart skip a beat. At Newport Oregon, got chance to visit an older 13' front bath Scamp, it was gorgeous. Have I mentioned I love small eggs? So, as long as this forum exists I will be reading as I have gotten to know so many of you.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Thank you Pat,

To my knowledge it was first Escape sold without a refrigerator. I can just imagine a production worker's bewilderment likely followed by build order verification as they normally cut side wall vent and roof chimney opening as well as extend propane line to fridge cabinet!

Hopefully someday, for those that want one, future buyers will be able to choose that option on their build sheet, installed and ready to go.

Our next RV will facilitate fast paced touring and will be spec'd exactly the same way. Lifeline AGM battery, 6.8cf 12v marine fridge and incorporating the vehicle's alternator that seamlessly turned it into a rolling generator. This particular formula exceeded our expectations while operating within design parameters.

Kim and I have mixed feeling regarding this sales. Seeking a good home for the Escape we waited for so long to get is certainly the sad part. We recognize that our failure turned into a learning experience. Because of this we are one step closer to succeed with our planned touring of North America over the coming years, that is the good part we are focused on.
Santiago that would be a dream come true , to be able to order a compressor refrigerator , installed and ready to go with the trailer's. The refrigerator installed in our trailer was the biggest letdown . We wish it would die so it would validate the cost of installing a new compressor refrigerator . You sure got us thinking . Can't wait to see your next RV ! Pat
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
Hi Santiago. Curious as to what your next RV will be?
Hi Maria from Miami,

Hoping you and yours are well and recovering from recent windy events.

I learned English in Miami back in 1955, had to as no one else knew Spanish in those days. Thank God for that or I never would have learned to speak English. No political correctness back then and am grateful for that as well.

Very fond memories of Miami a a boy, my school, my classmates, that I didn't always understand at first, the beaches, the variety of fruits we don't see in California - fresh coconuts, mamey aka "sapote" and sugar cane. Still visit every chance I get despite the fact that it has changed not for the better. When I do visit Little Havana, I stop at every sidewalk hole in the wall selling cafecito then wonder why I can't sleep that night.

In the early 80s I sold last motorhome, bought 17ft Komfort Lite. That was beginning of long love affair with trailers. This century that morphed to eggs. There was never any doubt we would retire owning a small Escape, turned out to be their largest but that made liveability even better for multi-month touring. Life was good.

Last month in Oregon we changed camping style to fast paced touring. We love Oregon by the way, one of our all time favorite states to spend time in. We soon realized that towing any size trailer, even a 10 ft one, was not compatible with how we wanted to travel. The trailer was very comfortable or course but we could not always visit or stop at places we wanted while hitched. On the open road and campgrounds no problem, integrating into cities and towns not easy as parking was almost not available for a 41ft rig combo. Original plan was to find campground and leave it there and that has worked well for us in the past. We now realized the old travel model won't work if we want to cover a lot of territory.

As to your original question. We will be ordering an empty two seat cargo van no longer than our pickup truck. I rented one last week for a day and parallel parked into several practice spots. It fits in any shopping center spot as well. Has smaller turning circle than my RAM pickup truck due to front wheel drive. It drove almost like a car despite being empty. We have selected the RAM Promaster 159 wheel base high top as our blank canvas. It's the European Ducato van in service worldwide for past 25 years or so. In the US, RAM replaced engine with same one my truck and many other Dodge cars and SUVs use, the Pentstar 3.6L 6 cylinder.

We will convert it to a Euro style class-B motorhome with everything our Escape has only smaller. Actually it will have many new and unique features not offered by trailer manufacturers. It will be even more unique than store bought big bucks class-B ones. Our new direction is to have our hotel on wheels with us at all times and be able to park as if we were out running around in the family car on an errand. We can camp next to a lake all to ourselves yet be able to so same in a big city downtown area enjoying a museum for example. Our goal is to experience it all. The design is almost complete.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Santiago that would be a dream come true , to be able to order a compressor refrigerator , installed and ready to go with the trailer's. The refrigerator installed in our trailer was the biggest letdown . We wish it would die so it would validate the cost of installing a new compressor refrigerator . You sure got us thinking . Can't wait to see your next RV ! Pat
Hi Pat,

Well, 12v fridge is not for everyone. Those that enjoy long boondocking would be well served with the traditional adsorption propane powered refrigerator. That camping style means you are in a place all spread out and comfy with rug, awning, BBQ, tables and chairs and no 110v supply. In that case you probably don't want electric fridge. If that was our camping style we would use a propane fridge as it's fuel is readily available when visiting nearby town with empty tank in back of your vehicle.

If you have ample roof solar to re-charge while boondocking then yes 12v fridge could be an option.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Santiago,
Following your adventure closely, I must say I'm not surprised. The "Roadtek" style setup will be very suitable for your adventures and I'm sure starting with a blank slate will allow you to create something special. Look forward to meeting you at Quartzsite in Feb.
Now back to selling your Escape. There is going to be a very lucky buyer for that special 21!
Old 09-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Santiago,
Following your adventure closely, I must say I'm not surprised. The "Roadtek" style setup will be very suitable for your adventures and I'm sure starting with a blank slate will allow you to create something special. Look forward to meeting you at Quartzsite in Feb.
Now back to selling your Escape. There is going to be a very lucky buyer for that special 21!
Hi Greg, we get back from Asia trip 5 February, assuming the Khmer Rouge don't kidnap us. What dates does Quartzsite take place ? It's on our list of places to visit.