ideas where to rent, Vancouver BC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19' MACK ; 4runner 2010
ideas where to rent, Vancouver BC

Hello there, I am new here. I heard about Escape from a friend and a relative that have put an order in for next year.

I was wondering if any of you would know where my family could rent and try out this trailer (family with 2 girls and a new born).

Thinking of putting an order in the Spring, but would like to try it out first before committing.

Phoned Escape and said that this is the best place to ask around.

17' or 19' with bathroom preferably.

Many thanks.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: ckran... Would you rent out your baby? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 09-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I won't loan my trailer to my daughter and son-in-law. Too many things to go wrong.
You're at most an hour and a half from the factory.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Cheryl it doesn't hurt to ask. But don't be offended if no one answers up positively. Some of us waited a long time too and well... we're protective!

BTW: Welcome to the EscapeForum!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
The rental situation is comparable to yachts. You can rent a yacht easily. Charter yachts tend to be literally "bare boats". Sort of like hotel rooms, they have the essentials but nothing personal.

Most Escapes are reasonably new, in excellent condition and contain lots of the owners personal possessions. There are some trailers for rent by owners but usually not in the same situation as Escapes.

You might have to consider trying another brand to rent, if you want to see how the kids take to camping. Your best bet to get a bit of Escape feedback might be to ask to visit some nearby Escapes and spend a little bit time in them and get some direct owner feedback.

Ron
Old 09-23-2015, 12:40 AM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The FiberglassRV forum has had extensive discussions of renting. Many people would rent out "their baby", but they tend to be older trailers, or trailers purchased and prepared specifically for rental rather than for personal use. Some people have put together whole fleets of rental "eggs", but I don't think used Escapes are plentiful or inexpensive enough for this to be workable. They also tend to be the 13-foot size to minimize problems with inadequate tow vehicles, and setting up trailer brake controllers (trailers built for rental routinely have surge brakes). Very few Escapes are 13-foot and none were originally built with surge brakes.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:17 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19' MACK ; 4runner 2010
It would be hard! I don't think I would.

Just thought if anyone knew of a business that rents out rather than personal owners.

Again, called Escape in Chiliwack and they recommended me to write a post...

Thanks for everyone's advice. I appreciate your comments. We could try a different brand to see how it is with the kids.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:27 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
If you do decide to rent an RV, read the contract. My daughter wanted me to rent a small motor home ( we had a tent trailer at the time ). You weren't allowed to take it off pavement and they had a hefty "cleaning" fee that was likely to be applied in addition to the substantial rental fee.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #9

Trailer: 21’ 2020
in addition to high miscellaneous associated fees, they usually will only rent out a unit for a minimum of three days. Not helpful for a short weekend. Just found this out whilst trying to rent a non-FG tiny trailer for a weekend rally.
For those retired folk, that may not be an issue. But for those still working, it is.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #10

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
This past April I rented a Jayco 32" Redhawk motorhome for a month. I scouted out all the places in the Seattle area that I could and ended up renting from this fellow. He owns some of the rigs and the rest he rents out for the owners. He also has some trailers. He had the best price (plus he gave me a deal for renting it for a month) and there weren't a ton of extra fees added on top of the rental, like all the other places. And he returned my emails (one place didn't).

RV Rentals NW Adventure Rentals