For Sale On Sale: 2010 Escape 5.0 5th Wheel Trailer $21,000 CDN; $19,000 US - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
On Sale: 2010 Escape 5.0 5th Wheel Trailer $21,000 CDN; $19,000 US

Sale Price in effect until Dec. 01, 2014
Either Canadian or US currency will be accepted.

Do you own a Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Dakota, Ford Ranger or other medium sized pickup and want a trailer that tows like a dream, can be hitched in under 5 minutes by one person, with no need for a Weight Distribution Hitch or safety chains? Don't want to wait until next summer for an Escape 5th Wheel? The layout is like an Escape 17 with its own bedroom!
This trailer comes with all the Standard Features available for the 2010 model and includes the following options:
  • Three Burner Stove
  • Stove Cover (white)
  • Additional Window Over Sink
  • Bike Rack Ready
  • 5.0 cubic foot Fridge
  • Microwave Above Fridge
  • Rear Dinette configured with table length seats (no U shaped seat)
  • Pilot Light on Hot Water Switch (shows that the tank is on after the burner has lit).
  • Prewired for Air Conditioner
  • 12Volt/110 Volt, 500 amp power inverter
  • Flip Down DVD player C/W Bose speakers
  • Cover on Rear Roof Vent
  • Two brand new 15" Alloy Wheels and ST225-75R-15 Tires (plus 3 Standard White Steel Wheels and Goodyear Tires - still have plenty of tread)
  • Full Width Sewer Hose Storage
In addition:
  • This unit has been stored under cover since new.
  • Used only by non smokers
  • No Pets (not that we don't like pets)
  • Only #1 and no paper in the toilet
  • This trailer has Spectra Blue Graphics
  • This Trailer is in Pristine Condition
Call 604-591-3559 or email: johnstongerri@gmail.com to view or for more information. This unit is located in Delta B.C.
Can't see the pictures here? Look here: http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/f...elta-bc-canada

Old 11-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #2

Sale ends in 2 weeks.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #3

Sale ends Sunday Nov.30.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #4

Trailer: Hoping to adopt
OK, so why is no one buying this trailer? It is in near perfect factory condition. I did look at it over the summer and was not able to reach a consensus with my family. Someone buy it, you will not be disappointed.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Humm, wrong time of the year for most people to purchase this kind of asset? It's not really camping season here on the WET coast, unless you're a retiree... and the holidays are coming up. If I was the seller, I'd put it in storage until March, then up the price!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #6

Just surprised it's taking so long, it's a great trailer.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Upping the price is not a bad idea.
I tried selling my '87 Subaru for $2,200. Got calls, but nobody showed up. I raised the price to $2,700 and sold it for $2,500 a couple days later.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 5.0
I think this is a fantastic price for this unit but I do wonder if the owner if the owner, like the potential customer has a bad case of two footitis.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Humm, wrong time of the year for most people to purchase this kind of asset? It's not really camping season here on the WET coast, unless you're a retiree... and the holidays are coming up. If I was the seller, I'd put it in storage until March, then up the price!
I agree with Donna , people's minds are not on camping in a lot of the country (Weather/ Holidays) . We have 4 RV dealers in our area and all of them have shutdown for the season They will not reopen until April of 2015 . There is very little interest in our area for travel trailers with 2 ft. of snow on the ground and below zero temps
Old 11-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
It may be the features and options, and not the season.
When this was posted, one of the first things I looked for was extra insulation and thermal windows. That was a No! The A/C ready part was a Yes, which was good.
For those of us in the Southwest, camping season is year around, so those options are important.

Don
Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #11

Wow! Finally a response to this post. When I first saw that there was some action I thought that someone was actually trying to contact me. Far be for me to get involved in a discussion in the classified section but I feel compelled in this instance, although I doubt that it will enhance the sale. Actually yesterday someone posted on the Fiberglass Trailer Forum noticing that the US price is (nominally) lower than the the Canadian price (I guess they don't know the US dollar is up in value). I, along with the poster (that I don't even know) were instantly admonished by the Moderator of padding the post and his reply was deleted. Thankfully that doesn't happen here.

Wayne, thanks for the endorsement. Three other couples have all looked at this trailer and have said the same. They all had different reasons for passing; didn't think that their tow vehicle could take the load; really wanted a Bigfoot; weren't prepared to commit at this time. In 6 months not one person has mentioned price.

Donna, I totally agree that this is not a good time to sell, hence the sale price for November as an incentive. However this trailer has been on the market since June and the enquiries in November are equal to the other months (actually there were no calls in August). I don't need to put the trailer in storage now, it has been in storage since it was new and is in storage right now. This trailer has been advertised in 5 places since June and at last count, these ads had been viewed more than 6,000 times. On the Fiberglass trailers for sale Canada there are up to 50 hits a day (but not one call).

Glen, the price is going back up Dec.1. The Fiberglass Trailer Forum says I am allowed to do this.

Not so Big Al, "two footitis" is a hackneyed phrase and is not appreciated. Before we bought the 5.0 we looked everywhere for a tandem fiberglass 5th wheel and finding none chose the Escape 5.0. The first thing I said to Reace after making the down payment was "I hope you're not going to come out with a tandem 5th wheel trailer next year". He said "No chance, the 5.0 is as big as we can get in the shop" Well a new shop and the rest is history. I am almost 68 years old, thanks for making me feel good about ordering a 5.0TA, which was what we wanted in the first place and will be the last trailer we will need. Its not the 1.5' of length, its the 8" in width. If I sound overly sensitive, its just that I have been spending, on average at least 1 hour a day for 6 months trying to sell this trailer. In the last six months (by my research) a total of five 5.0's have been advertised. Two have sold, three have not. People just aren't into the 5.0, but it only takes one. Every day I look at the number of visitors to this site or the new members and think"maybe this is the one". 15's, 17's and 19's sell in a matter of days; 5.0 not so much.

dfandrews, I agree that options are a consideration, but it is what it is. But I won't change anything on the new trailer. I don't like A/C. There is not a lot to do inside an Escape in the day time so we spend zero time in there during the day. I have offred to pay for the A/C but it hasn't helped. Lately everyone wants the high lift kit. I asked Reace if the kit Dexter makes would work on our trailer. He didnt know they made one. He is going to bring one in to see if it is a viable option. My heirs will have to worry about selling the next one.

Well that is enough for now.
Mark
Old 12-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #12

Sale pending. A deposit has been received.
Thank you
Mark and Gerri
Old 12-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #13

And a merry Christmas it will be!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #14

Thanks Wayne, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Glen if you see this you can move this thread to the archives.

Thanks Mark
Old 12-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
So it is SOLD then?
Not sure I can move it back out of archives, so please confirm it is sold.

baglo
Old 12-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Congrats- a frustrating experience no doubt, but a reminder to everyone it only takes one buyer and when you own quality it is just a matter of time. Also, price is not the most important component of a consumer's decision to buy. Value is, and that is diff'rnt strokes.